Start by marking “Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)

Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  915 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Part 2 in the Draegan Lords series

A hundred years ago, the high sorcerer of Velensperia launched a swift and deadly attack against the draegans—a race of dragon shapeshifters who’d always lived in harmony with the humans. The draegans were all but destroyed, with the few who remained, scattered and in hiding. But after a century of cruel repression, a group of them have un
Published March 16th 2008 by Amber Quill Press LLC (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Lords of Kellesborne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lords of Kellesborne

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
37th out of 881 books — 1,195 voters
True of Heart by M.L. RhodesScales And A Tail by Stormy GlennLords of Kellesborne by M.L. RhodesFires Of Ballian by M.L. RhodesMate Hunt by Amber Kell
Best Gay Romance Featuring Dragon Shape-shifters
3rd out of 146 books — 177 voters

More lists with this book...

Bookwatcher
I WANT TO RIDE A DRAGON!

Oh Yeah... I could be that big boob bitch lady riding the dragon!!!

No wait a second... this phrase could have another meaning!

I WANT TO RIDE A DRAGON!

huuuuummmm... ok, so I think both meanings are valid in this case, because KEIRAN is a hell of a dragon!

Quick comment about the story (without spoilers of the #1 or this #2 of the serie)

Ok, the first book let us know how can enemies be together in hot sex scenes to fight against a common enemy, the son of a bitch villa
Ami
Mar 13, 2011 Ami rated it really liked it
The sequel of True of Heart (or Book #2 of The Draegan Lords series) is even better than the first book.

First because it is the length is longer, which gives me satisfaction of being immersed into the urban fantasy world of draegans and their fight against the evil sorcerer, Byram.

Second because there are a lot of development from both Keiran and Gaige as characters, including more stories regarding Keiran's heritage as the last Draegan Lord and his followers. It's an amazing world to follow,
Lily
Book two in the Draegan Lords series starts off right where book one ended. Gaige had been captured and treated brutally by Byram, the High Sorcerer of Velensperia, until finally Keiran was able to rescue him. During their escape Keiran is also injured. Now the men must recuperate, get back to their people and plan and be ready for the certain fight ahead. Byram now knows Keiran's true heritage and he'll stop at nothing to kill him and all of the other Draegans.

I really liked the continuation of
Jacq
Jan 27, 2016 Jacq rated it did not like it
AUG 2008-Loved it!
Waited for sequel...Years years years!
From 5 stars to 1 damn Star!

JAN 2016 RE Analyzed.

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
4.25

Better than the first with more action, hot sex (well, more of it anyway). It was a pretty engaging book overall. Again like the first book, although there was nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't quite cut the 5-star mark. I just feel that even though there is nothing I can point out that could clarify my taking off a star, it's just that I don't feel that it really is that good of a book to be able to make it that far.

I don't know. And even now I feel a bit iffy taking off a star even as
Jeanne 'Divinae'
After this cliffhanger ending... I NOW find out that well there is a book 3, book 4 never happened. It has been years!!

So frustrated that I started an unfinished series. I am upset that I wasted my money on a book (which was very pricey for a kindle book) only to find out it will never end.

It's my own fault. I should have LOOKED before I began this series. But I didn't. And know I'll never know how it ends and it is a HUGE cliffhanger at the end of this book. Guess I'll have to come up with my o
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
How could it just end like that?! Ugh, cliffhangers! Lol.

I really loved this book. It was definitely better than the first one, True of Heart. I was hooked from the very beginning and even with all the months that passed between reading ToH and LoK I was still able to follow the story and remember the basics of what happened in ToH.

I liked Gaige more in this one, though. He seems like a more trustworthy type of character now whereas before I was still kinda cautious of if he was actually good a
Fangtasia
Aug 25, 2011 Fangtasia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning in the intensity of the feelings portrayed between the MCs, the author cleverly uses the usual mis-communications between them but resolves them quickly and believably.

I keep thinking this is similar but an adult, m/m version of "Lord of the Rings".

My only complaint? The cliff-hanger finish. But, I'm already reading the last in the series, Fires Of Ballian, absolutely obssesed with what happens next.
Kavisha
Oct 17, 2014 Kavisha rated it really liked it
Ratings are for book 1 and 2 together.
I have had this series in my TBR bookshelf forever. I refuse to read a series in which all parts have not been published. The wait would kill me. Having said that, I was in quite a dry spell, with no inspiring books to read, so I just divined into this series without checking to see if book 4 was published. What a mistake, after book 2 I realized that only book 3 is out with the 4th one having no expected date of publication. Book 1 and 2 have felt like one
Alicia J
It's been a while since I read the first book in this series, but I was able to jump right back into the story with no problem. This is an excellent combination of m/m romance and fantasy. Loved it.
M'rella
Too much drama for my personal taste. Do men even talk that much, especially about their emotional state? However, I love the plot and dragons in particular. Starting the next book :)
Julesmarie
Feb 07, 2013 Julesmarie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, dragons

Harrumph. Why did I not know that this series is unfinished?! I try to avoid starting unfinished series as much as possible, but somehow I totally missed that about this one. So, yes. This book ends on a cliffhanger, but when I went to buy #3 so I could see what happens, I found out that it's got a cliffhanger ending also... and there's no book #4! So now I have no incentive to spend more money just to still not know what happens in the end.

Alright, rant over.

This book was only okay for
Crissy Morris
5 stars

Originally reviewed for JoyfullyJay.com

Former Captain of the High Guard Gaige Rizik’s world has been turned upside down. One day he’s one of the most feared, most respected men under High Sorcerer Byram’s command, the next day he is mated to the leader of the draegan rebels, the high sorcerer’s sworn enemies. After his rescue and escape from Byram’s dungeon and near death by poisoning, Gaige is faced with the fact that he is of mixed blood – both human and draegan – that he’s now mated to
Aislinn
Jan 29, 2015 Aislinn rated it liked it
See review for first book. This one wasn't as strong as the first; I think it suffers a bit of an identity crisis between high fantasy and romance, and leans a bit too far in the romance direction. I still like the characters and the overall concept, but am a little frustrated with the way it's being executed. The ending was quite abrupt, which must have been quite frustrating for readers who didn't have the third book to turn to immediately, as I did.
Carina Newworld
Feb 27, 2014 Carina Newworld rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book more then the previous one.

The relationship between Keiran and Gaige is developing and coming to a new Level.
(view spoiler)

The book was better written then the first one, even if a few parts where described in too less intensity and thats the reason why Im giving this book 3 stars.
Jamie
Feb 06, 2014 Jamie rated it liked it

I really liked the first book of this series but the second started to drag for me a bit. Keiran and Gaige are worth rooting for but the telepathy and the constant smexing started to feel a little silly. However, then we got back to the adventure and the peril and it worked again. We leave off at a cliffhanger so I will definitely be picking up the next one.

Paisley
When I first read book #1 True of Heart I really enjoyed it - but when I read this one I absolutely loved it (and it made me have to love the first one even more).

I do love a good love story - one that has heart - and this one really does. The world of these guys is built and created so well in this book. You know their love is strong and very deep - and the sexy, freakin' hot love scenes are smoking too. All of this creates an amazing story that is fun to read and very entertaining. I am easily
Yuu Sasih
More setting description and I love to imagine their world. And then when I read about the elf, I just like, "what's this, another tolkien loosely-based?" But when the elf (I really forget her name) killed the spy, I decided that I was wrong. At least the elf didn't sing whe she killed him. (and no, before you protest, I don't dislike LoTR, quite the opposite, actually)

I also love Keiran and Gaige interaction. Their charecter were more developed in this book, as much their sex. LOL.

I usually hat
Kristin
Sep 23, 2013 Kristin rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, fantasy
Wow. As stated on the first book, I'm a fan of M.L. Rhodes and I enjoy this type of story a lot. It was also longer than the first book, so we got a lot of action which I enjoyed. I highly recommend this book for all who enjoy shifters, paranormals, suspense and m/m pairings of soul mates.

Also, holy cliffhanger, Batman! For those who like to be forewarned, this book does end on a cliffhanger. However, good news! The third book is available, so you can find out how it ends right away. From the re
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads, read-2011
This was wonderful. Gaige and Keiran both grow individually and as a couple throughout the book. The world building is woven in a way you can see the forests, mountains, and etc. The characters touch you which, to me, shows the author is bringing them to life. That the author can engross and keep me reading in this world makes a great book. There is a lot of angst and talk but I think considering everything the characters go through and the circumstances of their "true mating", this is not surpr ...more
Nae
Feb 18, 2014 Nae rated it really liked it
Whoa! What a cliff hanger ending!
If I didn't have the next book on hand, I think I would've gone a bit nuts. :)

Lords of Kellsborne starts where True of Heart finishes, so no waiting for the action to happen. I like that. :)
Keiran and Gaige are so wonderful! I love watching them overcome their emotional wounds with support from each other and they are totally smexy! The Draegan rebellion continues and they discover that there is something more evil out there, than high sorcerer Byram, the enemy
Hong Bunting
Aug 14, 2014 Hong Bunting rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Really great follow up and is better then book one. Now on to book three!
Td
Sep 14, 2011 Td rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters, fantasy
Ended up skimming through most of the relationship/romance/sex parts. They didn't grab my attention and the telepathy was driving me batty. Everything else I truly enjoyed, the world building, the rest of the characters, the action sections. Even with the cliffhanger I'm debating on whether or not to continue the series. There was one thing that freaked me out and I would not want to read about it. (view spoiler) ...more
Dragana
May 20, 2014 Dragana rated it really liked it
3.8
Chris Artiss
Oct 10, 2015 Chris Artiss rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-again
Wow! I so love this series. This one starts wher the first book in the series left us. There is so much action and excitement, intrigue and mystery surrounding the characters in these books, I can't wait to read them all where I hope it will all come to a satisfactory conclusion.

All I can say is, please M L Rhodes, write some more like this. I'll give this one, as with the first, 5 stars because they're well deserved.

Now quickly off to read the next one.
C
Jan 20, 2013 C rated it liked it
Dropping to 3 stars due to the unfinished nature of this series, a lack of closure on the story has impacted my opinion for all 3 books, I will never re-read them since I know they're unfinished. A warning to all who would start this series, we've been waiting for book 4 for 3 years. I'm giving up hope and removing book 4 from my want to read pile. Very, VERY frustrating.
Danielle
Didn't find this one as good as the first one since the romance aspect of the book has plateaued and probably won't be advancing anymore.

But! The revelations in this book just make the series that much more interesting. I can't wait to read the third book, that I will be starting immediately after I finish this review.

Oh look it's done! Bye, off to read!!!
Meggie
I read this part, so long ago, I forgot nearly everything in this story. Damn, the second storyline in "The Draegan Lords" series is packed with action, well created dialogues and truly HOT sex scenes between Gaige and Keiran. Gosh those two are insatiable, even crazy for each other. M.L. Rhodes wrote an excellent fantasy here. I love it completely!!
Nicci
Jun 15, 2010 Nicci rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, fantasy
The sequel to True of Heart, deepens relationship between Gaige and Keiran. Gaige discovers shocking details about his birth. He undergoes internal conflict with his identity and self-worth.

This is a well paced story with lots of actions, hot scenes, and a continuation of the initial story premise from the first book.
Erica
Jan 15, 2014 Erica rated it really liked it
Oh, man . . . So good.
  • Hallowed Bond (Chronicles of Ylandre, #2)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • The Land of Night (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #3)
  • The Devil's Fire (The Kingdom of Orielle, #1)
  • The Bonding (Gaven, #2)
  • Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic, #1)
  • Ulrich (The Highland Wolves, #1)
  • Snowflakes and Embers
  • Dragon Slayer (The Empty Crown #1)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Paul's Dream (Touching Fire, #1)
  • Twin Flames (Sumeria's Sons, #1)
  • Cethe
  • Honored Vow (Change of Heart, #3)
I'm an opinionated chick with a decent sense of humor and a vocabulary that's way too smutty for someone who grew up as a "good" girl. I write books for a living...more specifically, gay male romance stories. I'm passionate about gay romance! I love sweet, steamy, emotional stories about gay men meeting, falling in love, and finding happily-ever-afters. I love to read them and I love to write them ...more
More about M.L. Rhodes...

The Draegan Lords (6 books)
  • True of Heart (The Draegan Lords, #1)
  • An Unexpected Magick (The Draegan Lords, #2.5)
  • Dark Magick Rising (The Draegan Lords, #2.6)
  • Fires Of Ballian (The Draegan Lords, #3)
  • Circle of Ariend (The Draegan Lords, #4)