Start by marking “Killed by Clutter (A Domestic Bliss Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
Killed by Clutter (A Domestic Bliss Mystery, #4)

Killed by Clutter (A Domestic Bliss Mystery #4)

At first glance, decorator Erin Gilbert fell in love with the charming little bungalow on a quiet street in Crestview, Colorado. Until she stepped inside. There, eccentric widow Helen Walker has created a maze of bric-a-brac, papers, and just plain junk that she won’t throw out. Even worse: two bizarre deaths have convinced Helen she is being stalked by a serial killer–and ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Killed by Clutter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killed by Clutter

Lain
May 26, 2009 Lain rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Erin Gilbert finds herself embroiled in an interior design job-turned-murder as her attempts to declutter an elderly woman's house result in dead bodies galore. What exactly is hidden amongst the moldering piles of newspapers and magazines? Will Erin save the old woman from her busy-body neighbors and interfering relatives before the plug is pulled on her own life? And how much longer can she and Steve Sullivan flirt around before someone makes a definitive move?

The characters are fu
Lisa
Nov 20, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a pleasant read. I haven't read any of the others in the series but I'm thinking about checking them out.

The only thing I didn't like about this was the decoration tips.
Corinne
Killed By Clutter is a mystery set in Crestview, Colorado and is number four in the Domestic Bliss Murders. I have not read the other three books in this series but it really did not matter. The main character, Erin, is an interior designer and she has been hired by two siblings to help clean out their Aunt Helen's house. Helen is a major pack rat who has moved out to her garage because she feels that someone is breaking into her home at night. There starts the story with some drama from the sib ...more
Michelle
Sep 12, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Killed By Clutter
Leslie Caine
Mystery
328 pages
copyright: 2007
isbn: 978-440-33598-6

A Place for Everything And Everything In It's Place. Including Murder.

At first glance, decorator Erin Gilbert fell in love with the charming little bungalow on a quiet stret in Crestview, Colorado. Unitl she stepped inside. There, eccentric widow Helen Walker has created a maze of bric-a-brac, papers, and just plain junk that she won't throw out. Even worse: two bizarre deaths have convinced Helen she is being stalk
Desiree
While this isn't my usual type of book, I rather enjoyed it. I have often speculated as to whether or not my high stacks of books would come tumbling down on my head while I slept, so I thought this would be a good one for me! :-)

It's decent, albeit far-fetched and idiosyncratic. If I knew that someone was breaking into my home and taking things, I would certainly change my locks, something the protagonist refuses to do.... hmmm... I guess if she did, there wouldn't be much of a book! "Police of
Kris
Feb 27, 2012 Kris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I spotted this title at the Niles Library and know I had to read it! I struggle each day to de-clutter around here, but being a fairly serious packrat, I seem to be losing the battle.

Fortunately (is this a spoiler?) it doesn't appear the murder(s) in this book were actually caused by the piles of stuff. This book is part of a series of mystery novels by Leslie Caine--a "Domestic Bliss" series. It features a protagonist who is an interior decorator. I think that several of the other novels featur
Cathy Savage
I would have rated it at 2&1/2 stars if I could. The story was okay if a bit far fetched. At the end I got the feeling of "deus ex machina" as tidbits were revealed. To my mind the story was cluttered up by all the description of the decorating schemes in the various locations. I don't feel it aided the story at all. I guess I should have expected that from the series name of "Domestic Bliss". Likely won't bother with any others by this author unless I have nothing else to read (never going ...more
Paige
Mar 21, 2016 Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book by "Leslie Caine" I have read. "Killed by Clutter" was a great little "cozy" Mystery! The characters were believable and very likable! The main Character Erin was a single woman who roomed with a TV Celebrity that had the show "Domestic Bliss". This wove in a interesting background to the story. Erin herself is a Interior Decorator who takes on the job of cleaning out the house of a elderly hoarder! What a job this turns out to be!
If you like cozy mysteries you will love
Pauline Barlow
This was a quick cozy to read. Though the location is Colorado, it could be anywhere. I found the characters were more interesting than the plot.
Erin Gilbert, an interior decorator, is hired by the niece and nephew of eccentric elderly Helen Walker to clean out her charming bungalow. Erin discovers that every room is full of what Helen and her recently deceased sister just could not throw away.
The bodies that show up don't seem to take priority for Erin even that of a neighbor who died of elect
Rogue Reader
Decorator Erin Gilbert's down on her luck and re-imagines herself in a new career - a de-clutterer. Is her latest client a nutcase hoarder or is she a hoarder in danger? Love the fictional take on what appears to be an all too common disorder, and makes me want to clean house.

Good character development and small town cozy relationships that you love to love and hate. The family dynamics make you want to weep. Not much local color, but no matter, go read Fodors.

--Ashland Mystery

Corky
Aug 31, 2010 Corky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2010
Eccentric widow Helen Walker has created a maze of "stuff" she won’t throw out. Decorator Erin Gilbert has been hired by Helen's family to help her get rid of the clutter. Helen is reluctant as she is convinced that people around her who are dying are really being killed and her only defense is her cluttered house.Realizing that there is a method to her client’s madness, Erin sets out to discover just what is in the house that really is worth killing for.
Ruth
Mar 10, 2013 Ruth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A neighbor gave me this book in a stack of several pulp fiction books. This is fairly cheesy writing but in the end it was interesting enough that it worked to keep my mind away from other concerns, so that's good. Evidently the author has several in a series of books about an interior-decorator turned detective. I prefer my Goldy Schultz catering mysteries over this sort of book, but it's still fine if you want a fluffy, easy read.
Kristal
Erin Gilbert, an interior designer in Crestview, Colorado, is hired by a couple to help their pack-rat aunt move back into her house instead of living in her garage, the only open space she has left. But the aunt is sure someone is out to kill her. And before you can say "junk", there is a dead body. And it's up to Erin to figure out who the killer is.
Dale
Feb 20, 2009 Dale rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ill bk cute story of a clutter buster/interior designer and her client an old lady with paths in her house and a dead next door neighbor in the basement-- twists fromher past with her sister and her husband a pushy niece and sad sack nephew and the design firm of Sullivan and gilbert rides to the rescue
VJ
Jan 27, 2013 VJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
It was ok, but not my favorite cozy series. The premise of the series is cute and the main character is ok but this one just didn't do it for me.

The perp was a character I didn't really like but the reasoning behind the murder was really dumb. The side plot with the disappearing heirlooms by the nephew was more believable as a motive.
Judith
Feb 03, 2011 Judith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, mystery
Fun mystery to read...
Interior designer turn amateur detective. I like interior designing and I like mystery. Not entirely realistic, but what's the point of reading a totally realistic fiction?
Allison Kohn
Feb 24, 2015 Allison Kohn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good mystery

As usual this was a good mystery. I wanted to tell those two to grow up more than once but the mysteries are always intriguing. I'm sure anyone who enjoys a good mystery will be glad they got this one.
Linda
Oct 30, 2014 Linda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: caine-leslie
The main character was just a bit to overwhelming in her nosiness and her butting in the way she did. She could have handled getting clues and helping in a much better way than the way she pushed herself on everyone.
Kellie
Jul 27, 2015 Kellie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There was just enough substance to keep me engaged, but that was it. Mystery portion was very simplistic and the relationship between Gilbert and Sullivan was extremely irritating. Maybe their dynamics would have been more sensible if I hadn't jumped into the middle of the series.
Leila
Jun 16, 2011 Leila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun fast read ~
Mary
Aug 27, 2009 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy fun read.
Cassandra
A cute mystery with some decorating tips along the way. I read this hoping it would spur me to clean my house and it helped - though I'd rather read a book than clean house!
Lori
Jun 14, 2013 Lori rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A bit of fluff - but good fun, with positive characters and humor. Murder lite, which is what I needed.
Alicia V
Aug 18, 2008 Alicia V rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Great continuation in the series and awesome Decor tips through out.
Jjd528
Feb 20, 2013 Jjd528 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another light fun read.
Julie
Mar 08, 2008 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining but not mind-boggling mystery.
Sheila
Jan 23, 2008 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a nice - fun quick read murder mystery. Full of twists that keep you interested. Love the decorating / scrapbook connection.
Julie Golding Page
While this was a fun and light read, I found the main character irritating in both her unrealistic meddling in her clients' affairs and her inability to be honest with her love interest.
Jessica
Jan 09, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-it, 2008
I love this series. The author is one of my favorites. A cute cozy about an interior decorator.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Cluttered Corpse (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #2)
  • Mayhem in Miniature (Miniature Mystery, #2)
  • Auntie Mayhem (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #9)
  • Unplugged (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #2)
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • Elementary, My Dear Watkins (Smart Chick Mysteries #3)
  • Dressed to Keel (A Darcy Cavanaugh Mystery #1)
  • Magnolias, Moonlight, and Murder (A Mom Zone Mystery #4)
  • Chocolate Dipped Death (A Candy Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Death, Guns, and Sticky Buns (Tori Miracle, #3)
  • Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Wreck the Halls (Home Repair is Homicide, #5)
  • The Trouble with Harriet (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #8)
  • A Fatal Slip (Clay and Crime, #3)
  • Death Takes a Honeymoon (Carnegie Kincaid, #4)
  • Killer Knots (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #9)
  • Buried Stuff (Jane Wheel, #4)
  • Paper-Thin Alibi (Craft Corner, #3)
Aka Leslie O'Kane

(about the photo from author's own webpage)

"This is an old photo of my daughter and me in front of our house in Colorado. She is now in college and looks quite different, but amazingly, I haven't changed one bit!"

(from author's own webpage--abbreviated)

As the opening for my "Meet Leslie" page, here's a touch of biographical information: I have been married for more than two decade
More about Leslie Caine...

A Domestic Bliss Mystery (7 books)
  • Death by Inferior Design (Domestic Bliss Mystery #1)
  • False Premises (Domestic Bliss Mystery #2)
  • Manor of Death
  • Fatal Feng Shui (A Domestic Bliss Mystery, #5)
  • Poisoned by Gilt
  • Holly and Homicide (A Domestic Bliss Mystery, #7)