Start by marking “The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)

The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins #3)

The "Seven Deadly Sins" lived for scandal and delighted in disgrace, but now they must repent—in marriage!

A sin he cannot forget

The Duke of Exeter knows it's time to find a bride, and he's determined to locate the passionate minx who enticed him in a pitch-black library. But how can you find someone you've never really seen? Then, while supervising his young ward's

Mass Market Paperback, 345 pages
Published November 30th 2010 by Avon (first published May 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Duke's Night of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duke's Night of Sin

L.  (You're No Science-Terrorist!)
Got this one out of the cheap bin, and there's a reason why it was so cheap. Completely bland and forgettable. I don't know why Siusan Sinclair was supposed to represent the sin of Sloth as she was no lazier than any other titled lady of this era. She's the daughter of a duke, she's not expected to do anything. And what's up with that "i", Siusan??

As for the hero - what was his name again? Oh yeah, Sebastian. See, he was so forgettable I just finished the book and already had trouble recalling
Eve
Jan 23, 2011 Eve rated it it was ok
Enh. I'd probably put it at 2 1/2 stars, because I did read it cover to cover in one sitting. It definitely wasn't bad, however I don't know if I'd be tempted to read it again. It was a bit..simple, and I feel you didn't really get any real depth of emotion or got to know the characters beyond HE wants to find her, and SHE doesn't want to get found.
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Seriyi sırf bitirmek için zorla okuyorum.
İlkim
3'ten fazlasını hak etmeyen bir seri. Diğer kitaplarını da yazmamış yazar... Yedi kardeşse yedisini de şimdiye yazmalıydı. Bitmiş gibi düşünebiliriz galiba.
Lita Bouquard
Mildly amusing, so-so romance of a series I continue to read while waiting for a great book. Siusan Sinclair another of the 7 Scottish siblings trying to earn their way back into their father's good graces and finances, runs from London when she has a quickie in a dark room with a stranger. I like the way the siblings stick together and don't judge or blame each other. Suisan does make some big mistakes and takes quick employment teaching deportment at a girl's school. Surprisingly she likes tea ...more
Amy Jacobs
Jan 25, 2011 Amy Jacobs rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
First of all that let me say that the cover was not that appealing. Sure it had a gorgeous man on the front, but the wow factor of the cover comes when you open the flap of the cover and get the whole picture instead. Yes, I am a fan of covers just as much as books because they are what can capture a readers interest in deciding what will get picked up off the shelf first.

With that being said, the story was great. It is the third book in the "Seven Deadly Sins" series. and in my opinion one of t
Jessi
I like the concept of this series (seven brothers and sisters, ignored by their father, decide to live up to their nickname of "the seven sins" ('cause their last name is Sinclair, cute huh?)) This book gives us Siusan or "sloth." She lives to be a lady, directing others. But she's bored and lonely one night at a ball and sexes up the new Duke of Exeter (he thinks he's meeting a prostitute.) When she realizes what she's done, she tells her brothers and sister left at the house what she's done an ...more
manic_reader
Mar 11, 2011 manic_reader rated it it was amazing
I loved this book ! First of all I liked that Sebastian was a normal man,hero. No dark brooding,tortured soul. But normal as Suisan woth her faults. Though sometimes I felt Sebastian was a little slow...

Anyways, I loved the story plot bt the nxt one the series,Grants, I think will b much better :)
Cozen
While I did enjoy this story as it began to set everything in motion, I found the out-in-left-field turn it took to be far to odd to even begin to follow any further. Basically I enjoyed this story up until she took off to a school. From there on I couldn't tolerate her arrogant cockiness at all. I kept seeing a snobby side of her personality that just damaged my views for liking this story.
Katie(babs)
DNF 20 pages in. I'm just not into the hero and heroine having sex in the dark anonymously. Also that sex scene was meh and not at all steamy.
Canan  ^^
İlk 2 kitaba oranla konusu daha hafif ve yüzeysel geldi.
keza duygu yoğunluğu da öyle.
çok fena değildi ama beklediğim gibi de değildi.
Sanırım ilk 2 kitabı daha çok sevmiştim..
Shiraz
Mar 20, 2012 Shiraz rated it did not like it
Shelves: trashyromance
Just because you're writing romance novels is not an excuse for poor writing.
Kit
Mar 06, 2011 Kit rated it it was ok
Finished it- but the whole plot just didn't mesh well for someone that likes her romances to have a least a smidgen of believable romance.
Lemon
Bad writing. Bad writing. Bad writing. DNF. Did I already mention bad writing?
Olivia
Jun 07, 2017 Olivia rated it liked it
I want to give this a 3.5 - I enjoy the story of the Sinclairs and plan to continue the series, but the story was a little to quick and easy. Would have been nice to have additional character depth and more to the plot.
Book Binge
Jan 21, 2011 Book Binge rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
This is the third book in the Seven Deadly Sins Series by Kathryn Caskie and it was pretty good. It's not my favorite of the three books but it was still a good addition to a series that is shaping up pretty nicely. Of the seven deadly Sinclairs, this book follows Suisan Sinclair as she journeys her way to her happy ending.

Lady Suisan was one of the Sinclairs that I didn't really think too much on throughout the other books. She was there but she wasn't really on my radar but I did like her. Com
Mary Gramlich
Nov 30, 2010 Mary Gramlich rated it it was amazing
Working your way through the sins of life is such fun reading

Sebastian Beaufort, The Duke of Exeter is trying to avoid obtaining a wife, making a grand entrance and survive his newly obtained title. Lady Siusan Sinclair is attempting to regain her father’s favor, not commit any additional family sins which is difficult when you family has been labeled the Seven Deadly Sins and stay under any bachelor’s radar.

When Siusan and Sebastian have a clandestine meeting every good intention flyies out the
Arec Rain
Jan 06, 2011 Arec Rain rated it really liked it
Wow, I immediately feel in love with this book. Out of the three novels out in this series, I felt that this was the most developed and had more plot than the other two, which actually isn't saying much. Of course, I am a huge fan of erotica, and this book started out steamy. Although, I found it completely ridiculous that she allowed Sebastian to have sex with her in the library when she did not even know who he was. Not only that, but she wouldn't allow him to pull out when he ejaculated. I hi ...more
Mona
Jun 30, 2011 Mona rated it liked it
A delightful concept for a story, Kathryn Caskie introduces us to a family of seven siblings aptly nicknamed The Seven Deadly Sins. Their father is so disgusted with them he cuts off their funds until they prove themselves worthy of his name and his money.

One sibling, Lady Siusan Sinclair, is decidedly 'sloth' and proud of it until her reputation is on the verge of ruin. She decides to hide long enough for the gossips to forget about her, so she takes a job (gasp) at an exclusive school for you
Sep 14, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story of Lady Siusan and Lord Nicholas. She grows, he recognizes his love for her instead of insisting on being a bachelor forever, and there is real character development. My only gripe is that their father started this whole thing with his neglect of the siblings as young children yet he is making them pay for it by abandoning them and making them earn his respect back?!? I was really hoping that Siusan would set his straight, but no, once he says that she has passed his ...more
Nancy Badger
Dec 29, 2013 Nancy Badger rated it it was amazing
Shelves: genre-historical
I will have to disagree with my friend Babs...the first chapter's sex-in-the-dark was the best opening to a book ever! Because I read this snippet in the back of another of this author's books, I ordered The Duke's Night of Sin immediately! I felt the heroine's sorrow on the anniversary of the loss of her beloved, the misunderstanding was plausible, and you missed out, Babs, on how this hoydon redeems herself during a carriage accident in a snowstorm after hiding out at a girl's school, teaching ...more
Brianne
Jun 14, 2011 Brianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical
I don't know how I feel about this book. It was sort of ridiculous (naked (unmarried!) cuddling! in 1816!), but I really liked Lady Siusan (despite the spelling, and that she's Irish seems to be the reason). She's spunky and interesting and you can see actual growth throughout the book. I didn't love the Duke of Exeter quite as much, but mostly because he was a sort of non-entity. With no real personality to show, it's obvious that this book is not about him, but Lady Siusan and her family.

I li
Naima
Dec 25, 2016 Naima rated it did not like it
jelek!!! aku kecewa banget baca ini sungguh. idenya sih menarik. tapi eksekusinya mengecewakan. Jalan ceritanya memang tidak terduga tapi sama sekali nggak nggigit menurut aku. Aku gak merasakan sedikitpun aura duke pada diri Sebastian. Dan nama heroinnya kesannya kok konyol "siusan"? Belum lagi kesannya kok si siusan ini cewek gampangan banget yak?! di tempat gelap digituin kok semangat banget. Oke lah kalo alasan pertamanya dia waktu itu lagi sedih banget karena mengingat kematian tunangannya ...more
Lauren
Oct 24, 2010 Lauren rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, historical
I was so disappointed with this book. I had been looking forward to Siusan's book since the beginning and after I read the preview chapters on the author's website I was sure this was a cracker. Unfortunately while I loved the first third, the book then died in the water. It seriously felt like the first draft was published, not a fully edited book. I loved these characters but just didn't like how the book was written. There was so much promise but while the storyline could have been awesome th ...more
Apr 24, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Mindy
Apr 02, 2013 Mindy rated it it was ok
I liked the way this installment of the series started out. It had potential. I loved that Siusan worked and actually made something of herself. I feel like of all the Seven Deadly Sins, she actually had the most believable change of all so far. But somewhere after she left Bath, the story went downhill. I'm not sure why or what exactly happened, but I think Siusan could have made much more of herself that simply wife to the Duke.
Teresa
Apr 18, 2012 Teresa rated it liked it
Got this as a free book and enjoyed it but it was just ok. Nice story premise of siblings as seven sins. The general plot of this story is intriguing but Siusan's behavior was a bit much for the time. Found that "i" in her name totally irritating. The main characters were ok but the whole story just lacked pizazz. I may try the other books in the series but not for 7 dollars.
Jennie
Aug 29, 2010 Jennie rated it really liked it
Perhaps the best of the series so far; a quick, entertaining read. While the heroine's actions are somewhat over the top self-sacrificing at the end, with the theme of the series, that is likely somewhat expected. Overall though, a swiftly moving story that leaves the reader looking forward to Grant's story in 2011.
Megan
While I rarely pick up a book that is in series out of order, I had no problem reading this and actually it intrigued me to read some more in this series. I really enjoyed this book and reading about the family. I seem to enjoy the family series where you get to read all about them. Solid 3 stars.
Ana
May 29, 2013 Ana rated it it was ok
It was so convoluted that it is a shame because the book started out really strong. Most of the time I was asking myself what the problem was? All imagined fracas could have been easily resolved but for the unnecessary dramatics essayed by the main female character.
  • Never Dare a Duke (Sons of Scandal, #2)
  • Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half (Beau Monde, #2)
  • Mad about the Duke (Bachelor Chronicles, #7)
  • Loving Lady Marcia (House of Brady, #1)
  • The Tattooed Duke (The Writing Girls, #3)
  • An Earl to Enchant (The Rogues' Dynasty #3)
  • How to Beguile a Duke  (How To, #1)
  • Desires of a Perfect Lady (Lost City #3)
  • To Tame a Dangerous Lord (Courtship Wars, #5)
  • Confessions at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #2)
  • What a Rake Wants
  • Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4)
  • Touch of a Thief (Touch of Seduction, #1)
  • To Seduce a Scoundrel (Secrets & Scandals #3)
  • Sinful in Satin (The Rarest Blooms #3)
  • A Delightful Arrangement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #1)
  • Scandal of the Year (Abandoned at the Altar, #2)
  • The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4)
Kathryn Caskie has long been a devotee of history and things of old. So it came as no surprise to her family when she took a career detour off the online super highway and began writing historical romances full time.

With a background in marketing, advertising and journalism, she has written professionally for television, radio, magazines and newspapers.

Kathryn lives in a 200 year old Quaker home
More about Kathryn Caskie...

Seven Deadly Sins (4 books)
  • To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • A Sin in White (Seven Deadly Sins, #4)

“Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. Edgar Bergen” 0 likes
“I don’t think necessity is the mother of invention. Invention, in my opinion, arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness—to save oneself trouble. Agatha Christie” 0 likes