Start by marking “The Beatrix Potter Knitting Book” as Want to Read:
The Beatrix Potter Knitting Book

The Beatrix Potter Knitting Book

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Classic knitwear for the whole family from favorite Beatrix Potter images. Colors and yarns have been individually chosen and matched to the tones of the original illustrations, and patterns come in a range of sizes adapted for American knitters. Each item is illustrated with a photograph from the Beatrix Potter collection.
Published October 8th 1987 by Frederick Warne Publishers Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Beatrix Potter Knitting Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beatrix Potter Knitting Book

Jessica
I love Beatrix Potter. I love knitting. A book that combines both? This I had to see, simply out of curiosity.

Unfortunately, the book was published in the late 1980s, so the patterns (mostly for children -- which I expected, considering it's Beatrix Potter) are extremely dated. Instead of timeless or even "traditional" patterns, most of them are the type of garments you look back on as a child of the 80s and say, "I can't believe my mom dressed me in that." You know, boxy sweaters with bulky fr...more
Tonileg
This is my first literary themed knitting pattern book.
There are vintage style knits like the Tom Kitten Edwardian party sweater and sleeveless top for mother and daughter, is super cute but I have no idea where you could wear this outside of a Halloween costume. There is also the Taylor of Gloucester three knitted cushions that you can match to your sweater which is cute, but I don't like to match the furnishings in my general life.
I love just looking at the cute knits with a 1980's atmosphere,...more
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Maritza
Maritza marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Catie
Catie marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Connie
Connie added it
Sep 19, 2014
Elizabeth Stapleton
Elizabeth Stapleton marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Kathrine Macneill
Kathrine Macneill marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Chiara
Chiara added it
Nov 15, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Gillian Markland
Gillian Markland marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2013
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2012
Vi
Vi marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012
Bodi
Bodi marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2012
The Beatrix Potter Needlepoint Book Toys and Designs from the World of Peter Rabbit