Start by marking “Identity: Unknown (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #8)” as Want to Read:
Identity: Unknown (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #8)

Identity: Unknown (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #8)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,647 ratings  ·  71 reviews
What he remembered: His clothing size

What he didn't remember: Everything else

Navy SEAL Mitchell Shaw woke up one morning with no clue as to who he was. And the items hidden in his possession were no help -- an address, along with a .22 caliber side arm. The address led him to the Lazy 8 Ranch, and its beautiful manager, Becca Keyes, who made him believe he might have a fut
ebook, Silhouette Romantic Suspense, 256 pages
Published September 1st 2007 by Silhouette Romantic Suspense (first published January 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Identity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Identity

Buggy
Opening line “Hey, Hey, Hey There, Mission Man! How ya doin’, Baby? Rise and shine!

Oh this was just so good, another fantastic addition (#8 if you‘re counting) to theTall Dark & Dangerous series. Each book just seems to get better and better and I found myself constantly smiling through this one as Suzanne Brockmann tackles amnesia, giving Mitchell Shaw’s story a real Bourne Identity flavour with a romantic edge.

There were a lot of things to like about Identity:Unknown, apart from the obvio
LaFleurBleue
This was the first TDD book I read, probably somewhere in 2008. It had not made a big impression at all, rather a poor one.
Reading it again now with the whole series together, I clearly understood why. Most of the instalments are loosely connected to the other, but this one has a plot which is quite strongly linked with the previous. Moreover the hero suffered from amnesia from page 1 until page 5 before the end or so, he doubted himself, thought to be a bad guy and felt completely alone and los
Jacqueline
I've always been a sucker for an amnesia story. This is one of the better ones. I'm currently rereading these stories since I bought ebook versions. I love how Mitch (love the name) thinks he's a bad guy but is willing to turn himself in to save Becca (hate the name). Sacrifice for love is another favorite. Good details on the horse element. (Hey I had a horse named Silver too and I also did not name him that.) Getting the horse stuff wrong will turn me virulently against a book. The series star ...more
Krista (One Love) (Critical)
There really is nothing that stands out about this story and nothing that makes it, well, special. That said, it was a nice predictable little story that mostly held my attention.

It's really amazing how far Suzanne Brockmann has come since this series. Her Troubleshooters series is not even comparable to this earlier one--not that I don't like this series, but they're the type of books you can easily forget. HOWEVER:

First off, I'd like to give Brockmann kudos for writing a story in which the ma
Dee
Two-haiku review:

He's got amnesia
She hires, thinks he's someone else
Neither can resist

Least fave of series
Liked them but didn't connect
Three and a half stars
Nicole
This definitely wasn't one of my favorites but it was good. Some parts were frustrating, like how as the reader we see a larger picture of the full story and the characters only see their perspectives...so I found myself wanting to grab characters by their hair, point and be like "look right there!" But overall I enjoyed it. And of course its a romance so there always the "and they lived happily ever after..." So not the best in the series but all her books are good...
willaful
3.5 stars. Brockmann's category romances rarely have the same oomph for me as her longer ones, and even with an amnesiac hero this one seemed a bit thin. He was very nummy though, in a quiet, anguished way. Nice passionate love scenes, too.
Marielle
Not one of miss brockmann's best books in my opinion.
The hero does get some personality, but because of the amnesia that lasts almost till the last page, I, and the heroine don't really get to know him.
The hero wasn't real heroic since he was doubting himself all the way.
The happy ending (no spoiler, we all know what the ending is going to be) felt really unrealistic because they hadn't even begun to get a glimps of their characters
The book spent way too little time with the heroine so she fel
Lori McD
Despite it's cheesy cover, this book is all Suzanne Brockman... all Tall, Dark, and Dangerous!

And it's especially intriguing, because even WE don't truly know the man who's identity is unknown. I keep thinking that I *should* know him... that I know his name, especially with all the books I've read in this series over the past couple of days. And yet... the beauty is, that I don't know him, until his identity slowly unveils as part of this story.

Once again, Ms. Brockmann outdoes herself. Just wh
Sabine
Ein Jahr ist vergangen seit den Ereignissen des vergangenen Bandes und es kommt heraus, dass bei dem Einbruch in das Militärlabor damals nicht nur das tödliche Nervengas Triple X gestohlen wurde sondern auch Plutonium. Um dieses wiederzubeschaffen, gab es einen Undercovereinsatz des Navy SEALs Mitchell Shaw im Auftrag der Gray Group von Admiral Jake Robinson. Doch etwas ist schiefgelaufen denn Mitch ist verschwunden und niemand weiß was passiert ist. Ist er vielleicht sogar übergelaufen? Die SEA ...more
Anita Fleming
Identity: UnknownI simply loved this story. It was action from the first page. Good romance, though not as hot as other books in this series. The plot was over the top awesome and I have added it to my favorites shelf, which says a lot.

On a mission to recover stolen Plutonium for The Grey Group, Lt. Mitch Shaw, U.S. Navy SEAL, wakes up in a homeless shelter and has no idea how the got there. When he looks in a mirror a stranger is staring back at him. He has no idea who he is. In his boot he fi
Kate McMurry
A wonderful book by an extremely talented author!

Navy SEAL Mitchell Shaw awakes one morning in a homeless shelter with a raging headache. Everyone around him assumes he's just another homeless addict, but he's not suffering from a temporary alcohol-induced blackout. He can't remember anything about himself. There are only two clues available to him to discover his lost identity: an address that leads him to a ranch headed by beautiful manager, Becca Keyes--and a gun.

Since I first discovered her
Fleißige Leser wissen bereits um wen es sich bei Mitch handelt, auch wenn es in den vorhergegangenen Bänden eher wenig Informationen über ihn gab, wissen wir doch: Er ist einer der Besten. Und so kommt es, dass der Leser bei diesem Buch mehr über den Helden weiß als er selbst, denn er hat doch tatsächlich sein Gedächnis verloren. Aber auch ohne sein Gedächnis scheint er einige Seal Eigenschaften nicht ablegen zu können und so macht er sich auf den Weg um herauszufinden wer er ist und landet schl ...more
Becky
I liked this one--a quick read, but fun. I thought the amnesia was done well--the dreams/memories were cleverly written to keep Mitch guessing whether he was a good guy or not. It seemed fitting that he'd be the guy to develop amnesia, since no one on the team seemed to know much about him at all--put them all in the same boat, so to speak (Navy SEALs on a boat, get it? Sorry, I have a splitting headache today. Makes me loopier than usual.) Anyway--the romance developed a bit too quickly, but he ...more
Anja
I was looking for an easy and entertaining read and the books from this series never disappoint me, so I decided to go for the next one.

I have to admit, it was a while ago when I read the last one, so I needed a couple of pages to get the guys sorted out again, but after I was into the story it was what I expected an easy and entertaining read. I liked that Mitch lost his memory, I liked that Becca was always so fast forward and they worked together well.

But for some reason the conclusion of th
SheLove2Read
The problem with reading older books - this one is 1999 - is that some pop culture references not only date a book but make it hard to enjoy because it throws you off the story.

For example: in this story the heroine has only recently gotten "the internet" on her laptop but doesn't have it at home or work. The hero is a "wiz" at all this "internet stuff". Cell phones are not in widespread usage. The heroine was going to work on a "website kind of thing" for her boss in her spare time.

The story it
Brenda I.
¡Misterio, intriga, acción!
Mitchell Shaw es uno de los SEAL mas sexy que pueden existir.
Una mañana despierta y no recuerda absolutamente nada. Salvo por una nota con una dirección inscrita en ella y una pistola calibre 22, no sabe si es un traficante, un secuestrados o un asesino. Así que se enfrasca en una búsqueda para descubrir su identidad.
Emily Higgins
Navy SEAL Mitch Shaw has lost his memory. He knows someone is looking for him, but he doesn't know why. The few flashes of memory that he has make him think he is a criminal on the run. Rancher Becca Keyes feels in her gut that Mitch could not be a criminal and is doing everything in her power to help him. Good story.
Lia Silver
I normally like amnesia stories, and I love Suzanne Brockmann. But this was one of her rare misfires. The couple had little chemistry, the amnesia didn't play out in a way that took advantage of the appeal of the trope, and many elements of the plot made no sense.
Kenton Monjon
A fast paced mystery

I love the plot and the characters in the novel. The amnesia of the main character made the story very interesting. I like that the author uses reoccurring characters in her novels.
Writerlibrarian
This was a solid story that used a very cliche plot device : amnesia. Brockmann made me believe Mitch didn't know who he was, the flashbacks were nicely done and shed light onto the character. It worked. The female lead was a strong, smart character, that didn't fall apart all mushy at the sight of the tall, dark and dangerous hero. You can feel in read this that Brockmann has gotten the feel of writing action/romance. The bickering between the three Seal set to find Mitch was funny and she sets ...more
PepsiGirl
Good story liked how Mitch who was always the ghost of the group pretty much ended up a fish out of water. Not knowing who he was, or why he was where he was. Becca's attraction to Mitch was instantaneous and she wasn't shy about letting him know. He was quiet and reserved, unknowing who he was he felt incomplete and his nightmares made him think he was a bad person. He was attracted to her but he fought it. But then he would start kissing her and be shocked by his actions. I liked this story ev ...more
Jennifer Gifford
Its her early work...plot is a bit loose, and the horrible adverbs....woodingly?? But otherwise, a decent read.
Shea
I enjoyed this installment of the Tall, Dark and Dangerous series. Mitch and Becca are both very likable characters and the storyline kept me guessing. Of course, you know Mitch is a good guy but the suspense is maintained because you don't know if he will realize he is one of the good guys. After being shot Mitch suffers from amnesia. He is convinced by the clues he finds that he was a very dangerous character and not a good person. Becca believes, despite the "evidence", he is a good man and s ...more
Kobie
how does this get less than 5 stars? super good!
Laura Hernández
It´s so good, I never had imagine that one book could be so awesome, It made me think in the things that i really want to do.
Tiffany
babyfishmouth
I admit I have a weakness for anything Suzanne Brockmann writes. I can't read too many in a row because her formula is pretty consistent but it's a good formula.

What I enjoyed about this book was Becca's confidence and willingness to take chances. Even though Mitch was likely to be a short term affair, she didn't spend pages and pages waffling about what to do.

Mitch was a great hero and I loved his vulnerability. Believable romance and happy ending. Brockmann always delivers.
Rochelle
This took me MONTHS to find! Of course, she just re-released it in the compilation Tall, Dark and Daring: The Admiral's Bride\Identity: Unknown!

Good, suspenseful story. Of course WE know who Mitch is but neither he nor Becca knows. Lacks the heat of Brockmann's later novels.
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
  • Beyond His Control (Harlequin Blaze #384)
  • SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)
  • The Hunter (Crossfire, #2)
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • Desperate Deeds (A-Tac, #3)
  • Out of Uniform (Wingmen Warriors, #14) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1501)
  • Underground Guardians Box Set (Underground Guardians, #1-2)
  • SEAL of My Dreams
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Tall, Dark & Dangerous (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Prince Joe (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #1)
  • Forever Blue (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #2)
  • Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #3)
  • Everyday, Average Jones (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #4)
  • Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #5)
  • It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #6)
  • The Admiral's Bride (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #7)
  • Get Lucky (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #9)
  • Taylor's Temptation (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #10)
  • Night Watch (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #11)
The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3) Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4) Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)