Start by marking “The Story of Miss Moppet ” as Want to Read:
The Story of Miss Moppet

The Story of Miss Moppet (The World of Beatrix Potter: Peter Rabbit)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,238 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
To celebrate Peter's birthday, Frederick Warne is publishing new editions of all 23 of Potter's original tales, which take the very first printings of Potter's works as their guide. The aim of these editions is to be as close as possible to Beatrix Potter's intentions while benefiting from modern printing and design techniques.

The colors and details of the watercolors in
Published March 7th 2002 by Warne (first published 1906)

To ask other readers questions about The Story of Miss Moppet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story of Miss Moppet

Dewey by Vicki MyronThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Complete Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
Great "Cat" Books
117th out of 1,047 books — 590 voters
Dewey by Vicki MyronHomer's Odyssey by Gwen CooperOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussInto the Wild by Erin Hunter
Cat Lovers List
120th out of 697 books — 335 voters

More lists with this book...

Biena (The Library Mistress)
Sep 03, 2013 Biena (The Library Mistress) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Reminded me of Tom and Jerry. Haha.
Janna
Aug 09, 2015 Janna rated it really liked it
Not unlike tom and jerry, haha. Reading a lot of Beatrix today.
Janelle
Believe it or not this is the first Beatrix Potter book I have ever read. It was an absolute delight from start to finish.
Squeakyoak
Sep 16, 2011 Squeakyoak rated it it was amazing
Digital Book for iPad and iPhone in new Immersive format!
This book comes alive with sound and zestfully ingenious interactivity!
You can read about book here: http://squeakyoak.com/en/books/miss-m...
Link to English version on App Store:
monica ♪
Apr 10, 2016 monica ♪ rated it really liked it
Cute story with super cute illustrations! Cats lovers would love this book, I'm sure :)
Danielle
Apr 04, 2011 Danielle is currently reading it
Currently reading this book with one of my students. She loves it but we've only gotten through about 4 pages. We only have about 10 minutes to read. Looking forward to finishing it!
Linda
Feb 12, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
I read the Potter books to my children at bedtime years ago. Planning a trip to her home this year, I'm revisiting the tales. I fell asleep reading this, proving that they're STILL great bedtime stories. This one is short and to the point. Sometimes the little guy wins.
Dione Basseri
A charming tale of a cat torturing a mouse for revenge. Or something. As the Beatrix Potter books go, this one might be one to save for about the last, so your kids can know things never turn out badly for any of the animals. I was legitimately concerned there'd be a death here.

The artwork displays Potter's always high quality and charm, and ability to make the human-like displays of her animal characters seem totally natural. A cat sitting with something on her head to ease an ache? Yeah, sure.
Windy A. Alicia
Yang ini seru, saling mengelabui. Paling lucu itu pas si tikus dibungkus pakai kain lap dan dijadiin bola. PESAN : Hati-hati, jangan ceroboh. Lubang yang memerangkap tikus juga merupakan lubang yang membebaskannya.
Maria Carmo
Reading Beatrix Potter because I saw the movie about her and was delighted by her sensible delicacy and mixture of imagination and pragmatism.

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon 2 February 2015.
B-zee
Mar 10, 2014 B-zee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Yang ini lucu dan sederhana. Cerita dan pesan moralnya ga muluk-muluk, tapi menurutku keren dan menggambarkan kehidupan banget. We always have difficulty to know which side to choose.
Lauren
Dec 02, 2015 Lauren rated it liked it
Cute extremely short story about a cat that is trying to catch a mouse. The audio book is under 2 minutes, so it's perfect if your kids need a really quick bedtime story.
Slim
Sep 29, 2015 Slim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
I read this book on audible I rarely even listen to audio books but decided to atleast try to go threw all the books I have on there . I know my niece would like this maybe not lol
Jonathan
Sep 27, 2015 Jonathan rated it really liked it
Miss Moppet thinks she knows how to catch a mouse. Enveloping her head in a headscarf is her cunning plan. Works every time. Apart from this one.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 26, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
This is another Beatrix Potter book, first published in 1906. It's a story about a mouse and a kitten. The kitten is teased by the mouse, catches him and eventually loses him. Very short with nice drawings.
Kathryn
Nov 01, 2014 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Simple and fun. I just may name my next kitty, whenever that may be Miss Moppet.
Jeffrey
Jun 09, 2014 Jeffrey rated it it was amazing
Fluff from start to finish but so frothy - Miss Moppet is such a little bratsicle!
Natasha
Jan 13, 2015 Natasha rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
This is another of the really simple Beatrix Potter stories about a kitten named Miss Moppet who tries to catch a mouse.

Eduard
Read as part of The Beatrix Potter Collection.

Very reminiscent of Tom and Jerry.
Julia Rai
Jan 04, 2015 Julia Rai rated it really liked it
Such a cute book and I have fond memories of it as a small child.
Sara
Dec 23, 2015 Sara rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned, read-in-2015
I love the pictures in this. Miss Moppet is very cute.
Annie Wojcicki
Nov 01, 2015 Annie Wojcicki rated it really liked it
Yes, as others have said, this is not unlike Tom and Jerry!
Jazz
Jun 10, 2014 Jazz rated it really liked it
A hilarious predecessor of Tom and Jerry.
Wsclai

Short 'n' Sweet!
Fantasy♥Magic♥Love
Mar 29, 2015 Fantasy♥Magic♥Love rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Beatrix Potter Fans or Animal Classic Readers
The Cat (Miss Moppet) and Mouse scenario that ends with a twist!
jacky
Feb 08, 2010 jacky rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What a cute kitten! Like A Fierce Bad Rabbit, the writing in this one was for readers who are a little younger so the style was very different from most of the books and more like the children books I'm used to. I liked how the kitten played with her food, like cats do, but also how she learned her lesson about two wrongs don't make a right. (Although, the mouse didn't learn anything).
Indah Threez Lestari
162 - 2014
Saashya Rodrigo
I am not a fan of cats- I'm more of a dog person. I think this book pushed that dislike a little :) The cat is mean!!! But it's still a cute book. I remember laughing when Miss Moppet lost the mouse because she forgot about the hole. It's a fun bedtime story I think. Short, not too heavy, but still fun!
  • Hairy Maclary's Showbusiness
  • A Birthday for Frances
  • The 2012 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook)
  • Morgan and Me (Serendipity)
  • Oliver Finds His Way
  • Mother West Wind's Children
  • Moses the Kitten
  • Blaze Shows the Way
  • Baby Dear (Little Golden Book)
  • 100 More Easy Recipes in Jars
  • Valentine Mice!
  • We Like Kindergarten
  • Frog, Where Are You?
  • The Philharmonic Gets Dressed
  • Booktaker
  • Old, New, Red, Blue! (Step into Reading) (Cars movie tie in)
Helen Beatrix Potter was an English author, illustrator, mycologist, and conservationist who was best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.

Born into a privileged household, Potter was educated by governesses, and grew up isolated from other children. She had numerous pets and through holidays in Scotland and the Lake District developed a love of lan
More about Beatrix Potter...

The World of Beatrix Potter: Peter Rabbit (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • The Tale of Peter Rabbit