Start by marking “Guinness World Records 2010: The Book of the Decade” as Want to Read:
Guinness World Records 2010: The Book of the Decade

Guinness World Records 2010: The Book of the Decade (Guinness World Records)

Guinness World Records 2010 continues to build on the intriguing, informative, inspiring and instructional records and superlatives that have made Guinness World Records one of the most famous brands and an annual best-seller around the world. Over 100 million copies have sold since the first edition was published in 1955. Nearly 4 million copies are sold every year in mor ...more
Published September 15th 2009 by Guinness World Records (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Guinness World Records 2010, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guinness World Records 2010

Sammy Ayoun
Nov 01, 2011 Sammy Ayoun rated it it was amazing
This book fits my " a non-fiction book " blog on my bingo board. This book is an interesting book about the world records which have been set in the year of 2010. I learnt about the 2010 records which were newly set or broken by other people. It made me wanna try a break a record myself, such an inspiring book. I would recommend to anyone who can read.
Steven Peterson
Nov 20, 2009 Steven Peterson rated it it was amazing
Each year, I eagerly await the arrival of the updated "Guinness World Records." Indeed, it seems to get a bit wilder each year, as new (and sometimes wacky) records are reported. The rules as to what qualifies as a record are laid out (as they are each year). The fun begins even just by randomly leafing through pages (my favorite way of perusing these volumes).

The first page begins with "Firsts," such as the first cloned animal (Remember her name? Dolly!); the first in-flight movie (in 1925); t
Jason K
Feb 05, 2013 Jason K rated it really liked it
Guinness book of world records
Guinness world records
287 pages
nonfiction

The Guinness book of world records 2010 starts out with the very best things of 2009. Examples of it are the cloned sheep by DR. Ian Wilmut made. It was able to live to a normal lifespan as a normal sheep. It was also able to have kids. Also, Russia released that they put a dog in a spaceship and put it in space. It ended up dying of overheating. Then it goes on to talk about human achievements. The tallest man in the world i
Nick G.
Jan 16, 2013 Nick G. rated it really liked it
I just read the book Guiness World Records 2010 by Franklin Gothic.It is nonfiction.It is also 287 pages long. I rated it four stars. The main reason I rated this book four stars because it had really cool records in it. I also liked the sports records. It talked about rugby a lot. The only thing that wasn't that amazing was the astronomy section. It didn't really have anything that was cool in that section. Those are the main facts about the Guiness World Records book 2010.

The order of the bo
Phi Nguyen
Dec 02, 2014 Phi Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Guinness World Records 2010 is a book you can have fun with. No matter who reads it, dads, grandma, uncle, sister, it will be very interesting and entertaining It is full of weird, amazing, and bizarre records. All most all of the records in the book has at least one picture of it which contributed to the entertaining feeling when I read it.

What I like about this book is that it compares many records with others to give us a better idea of what it is like. An example: Cristiano Ronaldo holds the
Thomas Rewi
Nov 01, 2011 Thomas Rewi rated it really liked it
These are some of my favourite books ! I like them because they are exciting for students of almost any age. I also love that the records are from around the world. I think they are a good book to get interest in reading for those who are often reluctant to read. I like the wide variety in topics from 'Sports' to 'Video Games' and other wacky topics. It seems to get a bit wilder each year, as new (and sometimes creepy) records are reported. The fun begins even just by randomly looking through pa ...more
Lillian Collier
Mar 20, 2011 Lillian Collier rated it it was amazing
These books are exciting for students of almost any age. I love that the records are from around the world, and that can spark interest in other cultures, and also expresses our unity with people from far away, despite our differences. These books are very popular with the gifted third graders, mostly the boys, and I think they are a good resource to spark interest in reading for those who are often reluctant.
Khush
Jan 23, 2013 Khush rated it it was amazing
This book is very informational and we get to read about the world's broken records and we can also find out which record was broken on our birthday and there are many chapters to this book and there are records of many things from the shortest man living to the largest burger commercially available.
Jamie
Jan 28, 2013 Jamie rated it really liked it
After reading Guinness World Record 2009 I was shocked of the improved records and layout of the new Guinness World Record 2010. When I read this book I was think of visualizing because I can think of it very easily.
Rachel
Mar 24, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
The Guinness book of World Records! The wild, wet, weird, and wonderful (plus the tame, dry, and just plain gross) are contained in one book...with a six inch slug on the title page that says ACTUAL SIZE on it!
Ethan.w
this book is plain cool beacause it tells the biggest things the weirdest things and the smallest. It is also very informative about the work around us and also teaches some science. There also educational and have lots a fun facts.
May
May 03, 2010 May rated it it was amazing
I love all guiness world record books! There is always something weird or funny to learn and they are just plain awesome!!!!!
Jaci
Feb 14, 2011 Jaci rated it it was amazing
I really like it. it has lots of wacky recorgs and funny ones to.
Sherea Vejauan
Sep 24, 2010 Sherea Vejauan marked it as to-read
I'm going to attempt to break a world record. I just need to see which one.
Nicolas
Jan 23, 2010 Nicolas rated it it was amazing
Best Guiness World Record book yet.
Liam Cox
Dec 06, 2011 Liam Cox rated it really liked it
Its cool
Clare
Jul 06, 2010 Clare rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There was amazing, gross, awesome, cool and any other adjective known to man!!!!
Sean Nguyen
Aug 15, 2011 Sean Nguyen rated it really liked it
Shelves: gr7, 40-book-chalenge
this book is a awesome
Michele
Jan 29, 2010 Michele rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mikey-picks
Michael says, "Very, very cool. Awesome things in it."
Annni
May 20, 2010 Annni added it
coooooooooool book
Nadad Griam
Jan 13, 2014 Nadad Griam rated it really liked it
this book is good.
Heather
it was fun to read with Todd
David
Feb 28, 2012 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love browsing through the records.
Cristian
I loves it!!!it even showed the 2nd best soccer team ever real madrid.
Kayla
Sep 29, 2010 Kayla added it
i love it because its in 3d and i have read all expect 2011 and the believe it or not i read like 5.
Meadow Frisbie
Feb 11, 2010 Meadow Frisbie rated it liked it
Wasn't able to get a good look through the whole thing, but what i did see was kinda cool.
Yanni
Aug 03, 2010 Yanni rated it it was amazing
it has some very interesting things?
Brenna
Mar 14, 2011 Brenna rated it it was amazing
very cool
Tayler watson
Oct 14, 2011 Tayler watson rated it it was amazing
i loved this book. there is a bunch of weird stuff in it. i highly recamend it to people. add me people.
Rinya Singh
Feb 27, 2010 Rinya Singh rated it it was amazing
Reading since January 2010 !
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not! Enter If You Dare!
  • How to Talk to Girls
  • Bad Pets: True Tales of Misbehaving Animals
  • The Bartender's Black Book
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Butterflies
  • American Diabetes Association Complete Guide to Diabetes
  • The Bill James Handbook
  • Is That A Sick Cat In Your Backpack?
  • National Geographic Kids Almanac 2010
  • Roget's College Thesaurus in Dictionary Form, The New American: Revised and Enlarged Edition
  • Birds of America
  • Is It Just Me Or Is Everything Shit? Volume Two
  • Astronomy
  • Thailand
  • The Most Scenic Drives in America: 120 Spectacular Road Trips
  • Śrī Īśopaniṣad
  • The Incredible Incas
  • The Sibley Guide to Trees
Guinness World Records™, known until 2000 as The Guinness Book of Records, is a reference book published annually, containing a collection of world records, both human achievements and the extremes of the natural world. The book itself holds a world record, as the best-selling copyrighted book series of all time. It is also one of the most frequently stolen books from public libraries in the Unite ...more
More about Guinness World Records...

Guinness World Records (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • The Guinness Book of World Records 1964
  • Guinness Book Of Records 1969
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1970
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1971 (10th Edition)
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1972