Start by marking “It's All Too Much, So Get It Together” as Want to Read:
It's All Too Much, So Get It Together

It's All Too Much, So Get It Together

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Peter Walsh has helped thousands of adults clear mental and physical clutter from their lives, and now he’s turning his focus to the unique issues teens face. The stresses of making important decisions and controlling personal finances for the first time can be overwhelming—but a little de-cluttering can go a long way. Walsh helps readers identify problem areas and outline ...more
Published September 15th 2009 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about It's All Too Much, So Get It Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's All Too Much, So Get It Together

Cinnapatty
Aug 12, 2010 Cinnapatty rated it it was amazing
This book is geared towards teens and young adults. I read this one before I read the one for "adults" It is so easy to read and understand. I was so impressed with the last section of the book that deals with emotional clutter and other things like "your head space". He sounds almost prophetic in the advice he's giving young kids of today. He encourages more personal interaction, among other things. A great book for teens and adults alike whether there is physical clutter in their lives or not. ...more
Emilia P
Jul 28, 2013 Emilia P rated it liked it
Shelves: real-books
I wanted to get the one for grown-ups but the teen one was all they had. Here are the basic points. Figure out the Spaces Where You Keep Stuff (SWYKS -- swicks...sounds cool) and figure out what stuff you are now keeping/want to be keeping in them. Go through each of them, pull everything out, sort it into throw away, give away, and keep piles. Don't keep stuff that you haven't used in over a year, keep your sentimental stashes under control (basically, this is hard for everybody), and be realis ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Dec 30, 2009 Jennifer Wardrip rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Melanie Foust for TeensReadToo.com

The New Year is almost upon us, and the time to make resolutions has come. If one of your goals is to get organized, this could be the exact book you need.

Peter Walsh has created a great resource for teens who need to get organized. It's a quick read, and it's done in a way that's actually pretty fun. The book includes quizzes and stories, plus a bunch of drawings to keep things interesting. IT'S ALL TOO MUCH, SO GET IT TOGETHER is practical, as well
Ashley (yAdult Review)
Feb 27, 2012 Ashley (yAdult Review) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, blog, tbr-2012
Originally posted at Nose in a Book
I know non-fiction is not the norm here; however, when I picked up my holds recently at the library this had my name on it. I have been in the mood to purge all my stuff shit so I figured lets tackle this book and tackle my shit. Along with tackling my shit I will be tackling the challenge I set to this year since this book is pre-2012! YAY ME!

Although this book is originally for teens it still held up well to the post-teen person that I am. A long time ago on
Hannah
Aug 26, 2014 Hannah rated it really liked it
I read this a while back and forgot about it in my room because of how cluttered the area was which is pretty funny because it's a book about being unorganized! Anyway, I found this book quite helpful and shockingly interesting considering it was about cleaning you room and much more! Yuck! Peter Walsh made little joke in between which made me stay intrigued! It's a little book but gives good ideas and helps get more organized in the long run.
Heather
Jan 08, 2016 Heather rated it it was ok
Meh. I picked it up not realizing it's for a teen audience; I was expecting a follow up to his "It's All Too Much" (which was fabulous) - maybe with an organizing focus. It bore little resemblance to his adult book. Very watered down and rather condescending in tone.
Meeka
Jan 14, 2015 Meeka rated it it was amazing
Recommendation from Merlin Mann on Back to Work. I'd follow Merlin Mann into the dark...
Mary
Feb 19, 2016 Mary rated it it was ok
Written for the teenage audience. Not much in there for the rest of us.
Laura Reading
Jan 07, 2012 Laura Reading rated it liked it
Having previously read the original version of this book, I picked this up as a refresher course. No matter your age you can find good ideas in here to help you take control over the STUFF in your life.
You will get more out of it if you are mentally and emotionally prepared to get rid of things from your life. This book will help you to think about why and how physical objects end up in your life.

To keep up any success you do need to be vigilant and keep your goals and previous successes in your
Syntax787
Jan 21, 2015 Syntax787 rated it really liked it
great way to let your kids wise up to responsibilities, and taking control over their stuff. gives them tools on how to live lighter and have more time for whats important.
Alicia
Jul 28, 2012 Alicia rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!
I keep my room tidy by cleaning it up once a month, but the mess eventually comes back. I feel frustrated everytime I pull open drawers revealing so much stuff that I don't need, and take a long time to find stuff I love! This book really helped me find the motivation to throw out stuff I didn't want anymore. 3 weeks later, my room is clutter free and I'm still in the ungoing process of trying to clear out more and more stuff I don't like, or don't need. So Thank You, peter w
Traci
Aug 04, 2010 Traci rated it really liked it
This talks about the relationship that we have with out stuff. Why we keep it, why we got it, what we do to keep it. It gives us tips not only on how to get rid of some of it but also how to make the most of our memories. You don't need ten thousand shot glasses but you could take pictures and keep them in a coffee table book. I felt so urged to throw my stuff out by the time I was finished reading. If you don't really want to get rid of your stuff this book may not be able to help you.
Delia Turner
Jan 01, 2014 Delia Turner rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, how-to
This cheery self-help book purports to be about clearing "clutter," but it seems to me it's more about learning to resist the imperatives of a consumer culture and to face the implications of the impulse to hoard. Nothing brilliant, but a nice read during New Years resolution season. (This is the review I posted on Amazon)
Sally
Sep 15, 2010 Sally rated it liked it
I thought I would like this book more, because the book design is fun, with fun (though readable) fonts, sidebars, illustrations, etc. But as I went through the material, I was confused by this acronym (can't recall it now) that was used A LOT, and I didn't know what it meant. And, (drumroll) there was no index. Great concept, to make these principles more accessible to teens, but not carried out as well as it could have been.
Karen
Jun 09, 2010 Karen rated it really liked it
I left this book out thinking Mitch might pick it up and read a bit, but found myself engrossed. It takes all my "clutter" excuses and puts them to shame. Great step by step process.
Cnjbillhimer
Jul 01, 2010 Cnjbillhimer marked it as to-read
This looks like it might help my older kids to make better decisions about what to unpack and actually drag back into their lives and into our new home....
Alina
Apr 07, 2012 Alina rated it really liked it
Good and helpful, but a bit wordy sometimes. I entirely skipped intro to each page - stories about his fictional characters.
Tracy
Sep 09, 2013 Tracy rated it really liked it
It was a great book on organization and sorting. If you love it why is it in a box?
Tami Fuest
Tami Fuest marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Fabiana Machado
Fabiana Machado marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Angela Anderson
Angela Anderson marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Kam
Kam marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Organizing Plain & Simple: A Ready Reference Guide with Hundreds of Solutions to Your Everyday Clutter Challenges
  • Organizing from the Inside Out for Teens: The Foolproof System for Organizing Your Room, Your Time, and Your Life
  • "A" Is for Apron: 25 Fresh & Flirty Designs
  • Organizing for Dummies
  • Absolutely Organized: Moms Guide to a No-Stress Schedule and Clutter-Free Home
  • Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home: No-Nonsense Advice that Will Inspire You to CLEAN like the DICKENS
  • Keeping House: The Litany of Everyday Life
  • Frozen Assets: Cook for a Day, Eat for a Month
  • Getting Organized
  • Organizing for Your Brain Type: Finding Your Own Solution to Managing Time, Paper, and Stuff
  • The Reluctant Entertainer: Every Woman's Guide to Simple and Gracious Hospitality
  • GirlWise: How to Be Confident, Capable, Cool, and in Control
  • The Hanging Mountains (Books of the Cataclysm, #3)
  • The Complete Serger Handbook
  • Lovemarks
  • Laugh Your Way to Grace: Reclaiming the Spiritual Power of Humor
  • Cookie Count: A Tasty Pop-up
  • Conquering Chronic Disorganization
19313
Born and raised in Australia, Peter moved to Los Angeles in 1994 to launch a corporation to help organizations improve employee’s job satisfaction and effectiveness. He considers himself to be part-contractor, part-therapist in his approach to helping individuals attain their goals.

When not wading through clutter and large-scale disorganization, Peter divides his time between his work in Los Angel
More about Peter Walsh...