Me, Myself and Ike

Me, Myself and Ike

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  10 reviews
After watching a tv program about Otzi, a 5,000-year-old Ice Man, Kit's friend Ike becomes convinced that Kit's destiny is to become the next ice man--a source of information for future generations. Together they obtain artifacts they think will accurately reflect life in the early twenty-first century and plan their journey to a nearby mountain. Kit gets tattoos similar t...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Orca Book Publishers

Ella Walker
In the book Me, Myself, and Ike, by K.L Denman a boy grows up in a rough community with a hard life and in school learns about one of the first skeletons found and how scientists could find out so much about the person just with their body. Ike, his best friend is trying to convince him to become a skeleton so he could be remembered and famous by dying.

I did not enjoy this book because it was depressing and weird, I do not like reading about death, and do not think you should be remember by dyin...more
Mrs. Kenyon
An enjoyable read, but not well written. You can tell right away that something is wrong with the main character. Not really Rosie worthy.
Lisa Collins (Lisa Likes Books)

I’ve been super excited to read Me, Myself and Ike (I hate that there’s no Oxford comma!) for a really long time. I just so happened to see a copy at my library’s annual giveaway and snatched it up.

I knew from the get-go that this book was about mental illness, but I had no idea what kind of illness. Unfortunately I ran into a spoiler in a synopsis I read, so the whole plot of the book was kind of ruined for me. Still, the story was definitely a good one and totally worth reading even t...more
Canadian Children's Book Centre
K.L. Denman’s latest teen novel Me, Myself and Ike offers a compelling and emotional look into the world of adolescent schizophrenia. This expertly crafted novel delves into the sensitive topic of mental illness while maintaining a story that is both touching and tragic. Denman has created a loveable and endearing character with the protagonist Kit Latimer. Through Kit, the reader is given a thoughtful look into the life of a young man who is experiencing the onset of a mental disorder.

We first...more
Mara
At first, this book seems to be about two teenage boys embarking on one of the stupidest plans ever. Inspired by a documentary on the Ice Man, one has convinced the other to climb up into the Canadian Rockies and freeze himself, along with examples of modern technology and culture, as evidence for posterity. The book is largely taken up with Kit's preparations for doing so.

Fortunately, for both Kit and the reader, the book is really about much more than this moronic scheme. As we follow Kit thro...more
Emmy
Kit used to have it all: a loving girlfriend, a spot on the basketball team and a happy home life. Now he all he has is a manipulative friend named Ike, a plan to freeze to death on a mountaintop to offer himself as an artifact for whoever might find him thousands of years from now, and a growing sense of paranoia. Initially confusing, this book explores the onset of schizophrenia in a teenage boy. Kit has no idea that Ike is not real and that he is slipping into mental illness. Denman illustrat...more
Alexis
Mar 11, 2010 Alexis rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Three point five stars. I sped through this book because I needed to find out what happened. The main character, Kit, is suffering from schizophrenia. We see what is happening in his mind and how it is changing his life.

Kit feels compelled to go freeze himself on a mountain, to make a living time capsule out of his body. Unfortunately, the book ends without really exploring his treatment. This was a harrowing description of what it is like to be in the mind of someone with schizophrenia, but I u...more
Laura Gardner
Terrifying look at schizophrenia told from the perspective of a schizophrenic teen. It's obvious from the beginning that Kit has problems; he is withdrawing from family and friends and listening to his strange friend Ike who is only around when Kit is alone. Ike convinces Kit to engage in a strange and dangerous mission to leave his body stranded atop a mountain much like the Ice Man of 5,000 yrs ago that Kit learned about from a documentary. Very scary and a fast read.
Sherry
This book had a very slow start for me and took a while to reel in my interest. Even so, I was intrigued by the story once it began to pick up. I didn't like the character of Ike and kept trying to find some redeeming quality in him. I'd like to say I had the whole plot twist figured out, but honestly I didn't. Not until very close to the end did I see where the author had led me...
Mrs.
Aug 06, 2012 Mrs. rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 13-14
This was pretty ok. I figured it out about halfway through. I thought it did a good job of showing what schizophrenia can do to someone, but it was just ok. 3.5/5
Celine Chen
Celine Chen marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Anaida N
Anaida N marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Kayleigh Farris
Kayleigh Farris marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Tabitha
Tabitha marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Megan Ann
Megan Ann marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Kellie Sheridan
Kellie Sheridan marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2013
Emily
Emily added it
Oct 28, 2013
Bkepub
Bkepub added it
Apr 23, 2013
Donna Siebold
Donna Siebold marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Jasmine Jones
Jasmine Jones marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mirror Image Battle of the Bands (Orca Soundings) Spiral (Orca Soundings) Perfect Revenge Stuff We All Get