Start by marking “Cifte Cinayet (CSI 1) / Double Dealer (CSI, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Cifte Cinayet (CSI 1) / Double Dealer (CSI, Book 1)

Cifte Cinayet (CSI 1) / Double Dealer (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation #1)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  875 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Las Vegas'ın geri planda kalmış polis kahramanlarıyla tanışın: Adli Tıp Polisleri. Uzun yıllardır bu işte emek harcamış olan Gil Grissom liderliğindeki ekip, Kriminoloji Bürosu'nun gece vardiyasında çalışmaktadır. Ekipteki Catherine Willows, Warrick Brown, Nick Stokes ve Sara Sidle polis kordonunun arkasında kalmış ipuçlarını, geleneksel ve modern yöntemleri kullanarak bir ...more
Published July 2005 by İnkılâp Kitabevi (first published 1990)

Sherri F.
4 Definitely better than I expected. I watched CSI from the beginning (& really miss Grissom, so book helps a little) & watched all 3 cities over the years (& still miss CSI: Miami even though last yr I binge watched all 8 or 9 seasons on Hulu & still appear on A&E or some cable channel, BUT new ones would be great OR let some of the characters fr NY & Mia show up or short runs on the one that's left; I haven't watched weekly for a few yrs but watch On Demand/binge watch) ...more
LARRY
Apr 25, 2007 LARRY rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tv_read
As posted in [http://www.amazon.com].

*Double Dealer: CSI* was a fast-paced mystery that left you guessing who did these crimes. *Double Dealer* is an easy read that doesn't dwell forever on the technical aspects or jargon of forensic investigation.

A mummified body has been found at an abandoned building that used to be a casino. There are 2 bullet entries at the back of his head. Fingers are missing. This body had disappeared 15 years ago.

Another body has been found at a casino. 2 bullet entri
Moira Russell
Better than most tie-in books, altho that's not saying a lot. Not even half as good as the most middling fanfic....I continue to be bemused by the cash economy, which means good fanfic writers hide their work on the net under pseudonyms with elaborate disclaimers meaning "PLEASE DON'T SUE ME I HAVE MADE NO PROFIT FROM THIS WHATSOEVER," while "pro" writers take tie-in and spin-off and novelization hack jobs basically to eat, and those books are promoted with all the considerable force of the Holl ...more
Shawn
Jun 03, 2015 Shawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, gen-fic
I noticed some reviews panned this book for not going into the characters personal lives and personalities... those reviewers must not get that this is NOT a book that can be separated from the TV show it was based on.
That being said, this WAS a good literary episode of that series. I am a big fan of CSI (especially the first seasons), and this book captures the flavor of those first season episodes, in some ways it does even better because the book can span more time and give attention to some
Kristen
This is my first TV tie-in book. I love all three "CSI" series. These books would hold you over during your summer vacation and during repeats. What a rush! Great suspense, good drama, and a nice cold case that's connected to a newer case to tie things up. Nice reading!
Winona
Oct 20, 2009 Winona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, mystery, e-books
The storyline is nice. I like the plot.
But the characters are a bit out of character for me. Especially Grissom.
Didn't really enjoy the book as much as the show.
Helen
Apr 21, 2012 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being an avid fan of CSI and having finished a marathon of all the series, CSI:Double Dealer was a godsend to me! I was excited to learn about books based on the T.V series and bought the first book as quick as I could. Max Collins has obviously researched CSI because he was aware of every character and their traits – my only issue, however, was that he spent way too much time describing them as pretty characters. Yes, we know they're pretty. It's an American T.V show. Of course, they're pretty. ...more
Dark-Draco
Aug 12, 2013 Dark-Draco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tv-tie-in, csi
Just like the TV series, this starts off with two cases. Gil, Warwick and Sara are called to a hotel where someone has been shot, the killer using an execution style double tap in the head. Their first thoughts are that it is a mob hit, the victim being a lawyer for a low key gangster. Meanwhile, Nick and Catherine are called out to a building lot, where the contractors have found a mummified corpse hidden beneath an old trailer. They eventually identify him as an old missing person case, but t ...more
Maura
I was addicted to CSI and when summer hit and I was out of episodes to watch, I headed straight for these books. And usually, I like to read books involving TV shows and movies so I can get an insight into the characters minds - monologues and such. I will admit that the characters were somewhat out of character from their TV counterparts, but that's also not too unusual. This book is set up sort of like a CSI episode where the team gets split up to work multiple cases and throughout the cases t ...more
Vicky Wils
Mar 26, 2014 Vicky Wils rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
It has been a long time since I read it but I remember it to be a little simply written. But if you like the tv series you'll find your fun in the books as well.
Jonathan Gentry
Apr 24, 2015 Jonathan Gentry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Double Dealer is the first in a series of tie-in novels based on the hit TV series, CSI. Written by famous mystery author, Max Allan Collins, I give this one a full five stars. It progresses just like an episode of the show, except it's a book.
There are two cases, the first is the death of a man in a Vegas casino that leads Grissom, Sara, and Warrick into the path of FBI agent Rick Culpepper again, due to the killer's particular "double tap" signature when he executes his victims.
The second case
Lanaia
Jun 25, 2012 Lanaia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Shelves: read-2012
Ugh, this book took all my love for reading for few hours and I HATE that feeling -.-
I’m not used to giving 1-star rating, but reading this was a complete waste of time, I can’t think of a single good thing about it. The storyline was boring, it wasn’t really a mystery who was the killer, we just wait for them to catch him. All the characters were “oh-so-great”, but in fact shallow and dull and we don’t get to know anything about their personal life (or their personality).
It was like reading a s
Lynn
Apr 21, 2014 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the show during the Grissom years and find these books a great read.
Carla Jo
True to the TV series.
Sian Wadey
Double Dealer by Max Allan Collins

I'm a massive fan of CSI, and CSI:Crime Scene Investigation is my favourite, so when I realised there were accompanying books I leapt at the chance. Collins knows what the characters are like and how they speak. It's evident he's researched the show. It was great reading new stories about some of my favourite characters. Overall, they're a good, easy read that require practically no imagination because you already know the people and their history.
Devon
Feb 05, 2009 Devon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: CSI Fans
Shelves: own
The author annoyed me. He kept going on and on and on about how handsome and pretty everyone is. I agree. Just don't restate it a million times. I've only seen the first season of CSI so far, but if this isn't an actual episode I want to give this guy a LOT of props for creating this story line. Jesus. Oh, and Nicky! He keeps getting into trouble. Poor dear. And if I hear another word about Sara Sidle's "cute gap-toothed smile" I swear I'll commit suicide. Really. I will. Well...you get my drift ...more
Allison
Mar 15, 2008 Allison rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Ehh, it reads too much like a TV script though I did get into it eventually. There was some language that I wasn't expecting ( I guess because we were inside the character's heads more).

It seemed a little out of character but this could be because I think it was set in the first season and the TV show is in the seventh now. It will do to hold me over until the new episodes start coming.
Daniel Cervantez
i did not read yet
Amy
Dec 16, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the books ,just as much as I liked the CSI tv show. It was an easy read ,because I already " knew" the characters and could picture them working the scenes. Very interesting and I recommend this to anyone interested in crimanal justice, crime stories , or the tv show.
Eric Zulueta
Jan 16, 2012 Eric Zulueta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good novel featuring the characters of the TV series' first season.. It features all the characters - as they are in the series.. Reading this novel feels very much like watching one of the episodes of the series..

Can't wait to start on the next novel..
Kirsty
Mar 21, 2015 Kirsty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a 3-star book, I gave the extra star for the fact it's CSI and that's one of my favourite TV shows.
It's like an extended version of the episodes, with more witness / suspect interviews, more evidence gathering, and more character development.
Christine Fisher
Apr 29, 2016 Christine Fisher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, on-my-shelves
Basically it reads like a t.v. episode. Very easy to imagine all the faces and personalities of the t.v. characters in the roles mentioned in the book. Also a very easy read, and if you like the show, you'll most likely like this book.
Oceana2602
CSI novel. I don't remember much (read it in 2005), but I think it was okay entertainment for the 1,5 hours it took me to read it. Probably worth it for fans of the show.
Anthony
It read like an episode. It was easy to visualize it like an episode because the author was very elaborate particularly about facial expressions and descriptions.
Paul
Nov 18, 2011 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: csi
Austin
Sep 14, 2012 Austin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mystery
I like the show so I gave this book a try. It was alright. I wish there was more action, investigating and less talking. Don't think i will read the next one.
Stephan
Sep 22, 2012 Stephan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can find my video review of this novel on my blog.
Esraa Abdallah
It's nice reading a book that you already know it's characters' looks, just imagining them while reading made me want to read more.
Kristin Esselstrom
Enjoyable but nothing terribly special. Good for a summer/vacation read that clips along but doesn't require too much thought.
  • Nevada Rose (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #10)
  • Dead of Winter (CSI: New York, #1)
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
  • Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, # 11)
  • Riptide (CSI: Miami, Book 4)
  • Brass in Pocket (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #12)
  • Four Walls (CSI: New York, #4)
  • Forensic Science of CSI
  • Mr. Monk and The Two Assistants (Mr. Monk, #4)
  • Creature of Havoc (Fighting Fantasy, #24)
12014
Received the Shamus Award, "The Eye" (Lifetime achievment award) in 2006.

He has also published under the name Patrick Culhane. He and his wife, Barbara Collins, have written several books together. Some of them are published under the name Barbara Allan.

Book Awards
Shamus Awards Best Novel winner (1984) : True Detective
Shamus Awards Best Novel winner (1992) : Stolen Away
Shamus Awards Best Novel nom
More about Max Allan Collins...

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Sin City (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #2)
  • Cold Burn (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #3)
  • Body of Evidence (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #4)
  • Grave Matters (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #5)
  • Binding Ties (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #6)
  • Killing Game (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #7)
  • Snake Eyes (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #8)
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
  • Nevada Rose (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #10)
  • Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, # 11)