Start by marking “The Spiderwick Chronicles: Great Escape Special Edition Of The Seeing Stone” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Spiderwick Chronic...
Holly Black

The Spiderwick Chronicles: Great Escape Special Edition Of The Seeing Stone (The Spiderwick Chronicles #2, III)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  473 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Part three of The Seeing Stone.
Published (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Spiderwick Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spiderwick Chronicles

Stupid and a waste of time.

1)-The names of the characters were stupid (Flowerbutt, Hogsqueal,and Claw-Snotbelly.)
2)-There wasn't enough action at all.
3)-Could have been a bigger book.
4)-Needed more detail.

1) Looked like a cool book but it was very misleading.
"Vengeance or death! Hopefully vengeance."
I don't really like this book because I didn't think there was as much action as I thought there would be.
I also didn't like the dialogue.
1 thing that I did like was the adventure.
I read "Great Escape," part of "The Spiderwick Chronicles" by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black. I thought the book was pretty good. I liked the action in the book. A lot happened in a short period of time. They were being chased by goblins and the main characters led them right into a trap and a troll ate the goblins. The only thing I didn't like about the book was that it was to short. I felt they could have put more information in the book or made it more detailed.

Jared, one of the main charac
What a horrible family. Not a single decent role model in the book. [return]The story line is a bit stale and cliched; I didn't care for these books at all.
An additional chapter in the Spiderwick Chronicles. This one giving a bit more back ground information on Hogsqueal.
A bit complicated for third graders, but lots of goblin fun that I think boys would enjoy.
In sprite of starting sort of in the middle of this series, I have enjoyed the first three books of the second series. I love the illustrations and like the three children's characters along with the fantastical circumstances they stumble into and around in. They behave believably and imperfectly- nice!

Also, the occasional feeling of dread is appropriate and the action described well. I'd recommend this book to children, definitely.
Great Escape was the final book that I've read in the Spiderwick Chronicles. I wished that the series would continue on forever but no. Everything was perfect; and by everything, i meant the characters and the plot.
This book is short. Really short. It would be fun for a child to read. The characters are interesting and magical, the story is short and easy to follow, it contains a kitten.

But calling it a story is being kind. It's almost like a serial, that is, it's a very small section of a larger story (that probably isn't even that large to begin with). It's more like a scene.

At any rate, I don't want to pan the book too much because I am not a child, it's part of a bigger story, and children will likel
Isabelle Bachir
I read it such a long time ago. But I remember really loving this series.
A great little story for young readers. A short read for the young at heart.
this book is only about two chapters from the book it also has a special part at the end of the book which is about a hobgoblan and so on
Awsome who thought they had a lost chapter?
Dernier tome bon. Une bonne histoire.
Jul 20, 2009 Clement marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I read this a while ago
Jul 04, 2015 Estelle marked it as to-read
I registered a book at!
Mirva added it
Nov 22, 2015
Leone Carpenter
Leone Carpenter marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Ethan Park
Ethan Park marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Atarah marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Ruby marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Christopher Bindel
Christopher Bindel marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Kali marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
  • Heir Of Mystery (Unlikely Exploits, #2)
  • Puppy in a Present (Animal Ark #42)
  • Harriet Bean and the League of Cheats (Harriet Bean, #2)
  • The Practical Princess and Other Liberating Fairy Tales
  • The Mistaken Masterpiece (The Red Blazer Girls, #3)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs
  • Leopards' Gold (Chronicles of the Red King #3)
  • Wellspring of Magic (Creative Girls Club Adventure, #1)
  • Donald Duck: A Christmas for Shacktown (The Carl Barks Library, #11)
  • Eruption (Storm Runners, #3)
  • Pursued (Left Behind: The Kids, #5-8)
  • Blimpo: The Third Circle of Heck
  • The Llama Parlour
  • The Wizard of Dark Street  (Oona Crate Mystery, #1)
  • I Want a Pony (Pony Pals, #1)
  • The Year of the Panda
  • The Puppy Problem (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #12)
Holly Black is a best-selling author of contemporary fantasy novels for kids, teens, and adults. She is the author of the Modern Faerie Tale series (Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside), The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), and The Good Neighbors graphic novels (with Ted Naifeh) The Poison Eaters and Other Stories, a collection of short fiction, and The Curse Worker series (White Cat, Red Gl ...more
More about Holly Black...

The Spiderwick Chronicles (5 books)
  • The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1)
  • The Seeing Stone (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #2)
  • Lucinda's Secret (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #3)
  • The Ironwood Tree (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #4)
  • The Wrath of Mulgarath (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #5)