Start by marking “Anne of Green Gables” as Want to Read:
Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  61 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
This captivating new radio drama production based on the beloved book by Lucy M. Montgomery allows listeners to personally experience the world and characters presented in "Anne of Green Gables" in a whole new way! Anne of Green Gables is the story of a little girl's feisty spirit and strong determination that win over the hearts of the people of Avonlea, the love and comm ...more
Audio CD, 3 pages
Published May 1st 2007 by Tyndale Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Anne of Green Gables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anne of Green Gables

The Hobbit
Jan 24, 2016 The Hobbit rated it really liked it
Audio book read by Kate Burton. She embodies Anne with just the right amount of youthful exuberance and chattiness, Marilla as very serious but caring, and Matthew as shy but absolutely smitten by this curious 11-year-old orphan. Anne manages to get herself into many scrapes which she blows up to humiliating proportions. I don't remember this book being so humorous when I read it the first time - it really can be appreciated by both children and adults.
Rhonda
Oct 23, 2008 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Rhonda by: Alice Stevenson
Shelves: young-adult, fiction
How could I have missed this classic? This was by far one of the most sweet, enduring and wholesome stories I have ever read.
This is a story about Anne who is an orphan who comes to live with an elderly brother and sister at Green Gables. This chronicles her life between the ages of 13 and 16.
I have to say that I laughed because Anne just had a way about her and many others found her to be an odd child, though she was a very intelligent young lady and seen things in a way that others couldn't im
Evelynn
May 13, 2013 Evelynn rated it really liked it
Reviewin' time.

I love the story of Anne of Green Gables. I grew up watching the movie, so I came to know the story well. When I found out Focus on the Family had an audio drama version of this classic, I voted that we (my mom and my brother) should listen to it while painting our new house addition. So we did.

Ahhhh... brought back memories, the story became new once again. I thoroughly enjoyed it, though a little bit of the voice acting was slightly tacky. VERY slightly. So really, this is a 4.5
Muphyn
Aug 05, 2008 Muphyn rated it really liked it
Lovely radio adaptation of the first novel. Those who also love the movie will find this quite close to the characters in the movies, though I find the Anne character sometimes a little irritating (trying to act just that little too much).
Sydney
May 14, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing
I love radio dramas, and I love the Anne of Green Gables movie. This was a great Audio! Focus on the family always does a great job with their radio Theater. Hopefully soon I will be able to read the books.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Madonna Benoit
Madonna Benoit rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Lily Paulsen
Lily Paulsen marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Marian
Marian marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Ashritha
Ashritha rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Tinuviel
Tinuviel rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
LNH
LNH marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Lovie
Lovie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
September
September marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Justin Rose
Justin Rose rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Sarah E Smith
Sarah E Smith rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Corey Corrick
Corey Corrick rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Barry Jenkins
Barry Jenkins rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Lesley Shiner
Lesley Shiner rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
The Dischers
The Dischers rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Someone
Someone marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Paul McCusker is the creative content director for Focus on the Family. He has been a writer of fiction, nonfiction, and drama since 1979. His work includes over forty published novels, full-length plays, dramatic sketch collections, and song lyrics. For the Adventures in Odyssey series alone, he has written over 200 half-hour radio episodes, eighteen novels, and two screenplays for the best-selli ...more
More about Paul McCusker...