Start by marking “Papercraft: Design and Art with Paper” as Want to Read:
Papercraft: Design and Art with Paper

Papercraft: Design and Art with Paper

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  7 reviews
An unparalleled collection of groundbreaking creations crafted from paper as a material for innovative art and design.
Published October 1st 2009 by Gestalten Verlag (first published September 9th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Papercraft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Papercraft

liberal sprinkles
this is adapted from a longer review at my blog liberal sprinkles

Paper comes to life in so many ways in this book. Art installations, portraits, animation characters, 3D posters, cutouts of figures, people, animals and objects big and small, Papercraft: Design and Art with Paper is full of fun examples of what can be crafted with paper.

There are numerous works I recognize, including some from Jen Stark and Ferris Staverman, whom I've blogged about. There a
Sep 14, 2011 Marta rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: art
I think I love paper for the same reason I love potatoes. Deceptively simple and plain, both are incredibly versatile and can be transformed into the most amazing things. This primarily visual book has tons of examples of how artists and designers have used cut, folded, layered, etc. paper to create dynamic illustrations, sculptures and installations (and much more). My favourites are Bovey Lee (super fine paper cut), Brian Dettmer (sculptures cut out of old books), Helen Friel (illustrations) a ...more
Feb 22, 2011 Ethan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: low poly 3d modelers, graphic designers
There is some remarkable work in this volume. Some of the papercraft is so detailed I thought it had to be laser-cut, but no, almost all of it is done by hand. By people with OCD, a lot of patience, or both.

Anyone into 3D modeling (or art toys) might want to take a look at this book... what they are doing with paper could be easily done with low-poly models/vinyl.

There is an accompanying CD with about 50 papercraft figure templates on PDFs.
Another book sold at Anthropologie. Some of the pieces in here defy belief. I love how paper can be used so sculpturally, with such a 3D effect. I especially like the little cut-paper scenes that are then photographed. OhioLINKed this one from OSU, and was not able to open the DVD (sent separately), but another reviewer says it has PDF templates of some patterns.
Louise Cochrane
As if my obsession with paper wasn't bad enough...I completely and utterly love this book.

It never ceases to amaze me at how creative people can be, and I especially love it when they create works of art with such a simple medium.
lovely collection of a wide variety of papercraft, ranging from small objects & toys to full installations. a very nice resource with great photographs.
ILL-ed. Wowza. Amazing. I need more time so that I can do things like this.
Rachel Williams
Rachel Williams marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Yamira marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Wafaa Al-kadi
Wafaa Al-kadi marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Gera Mun-Rom
Gera Mun-Rom marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Nikola Řezáčová
Nikola Řezáčová marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Tim McGrath
Tim McGrath marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Ddoublethink marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Lastoadri is currently reading it
Oct 26, 2015
Vanessa is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2015
Terri marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Anne marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Yojainna marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Elīna Jurberga
Elīna Jurberga marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Hana marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015