Finding Frida Kahlo

Finding Frida Kahlo

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"Let's go see the Frida Kahlos."

It seemed inconceivable that after decades of exhibitions, auctions, books, and movies, unpublished Frida Kahlo artwork could still be found anywhere, much less a shop in a converted textile factory. "Well, if you don't believe me just come along," replied her traveling companion. Levine, having recently relocated to San Miguel de Allende, M...more
Published September 2nd 2009 by Princeton Architectural Press

To ask other readers questions about Finding Frida Kahlo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Frida Kahlo

Kim
Wow. This is a gorgeously laid out book with incredible visuals, that oddly enough, were supported with fascinating text. I've always been fascinated my ephemera and the story it tells vs the story we recall, and this book is a nice tangent to that (although in Frida's case there is much history to supplement the ephemera and there isn't much supposition).
Amy
there are not enough stars to rate the magnitude of beauty, craft, and composition (visual and narrative) contained in these pages. this is no coffee table space-holder. it is compelling, engaging, and absolutely stunning!
Bhan13
It's a light read but ephemera, Frida Kahlo, musings on collecting, and lots of pretty pictures makes this book predictably enjoyable for me. Frida's self-portrait of herself as a deer with an Aztec figure above is one of my favourite pieces of hers, and the talk of forgery is political and to be expected and doesn't bother me a bit.
Liberality
This book is written in English and in Spanish. Lots of pictures. I will enjoy it I think.
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Ancuta Bizdic
Ancuta Bizdic marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Antoinette
Antoinette marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Robyn Canny
Robyn Canny marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Chris kunselman
Chris kunselman marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Your Body Believes Every Word You Say: The Language of the Bodymind Connection, Revised and Expanded Edition Around the World: The Grand Tour in Photo Albums Your Body Believes Every Word You Say Works about John Dewey, 1886-2012 Works about John Dewey, 1886-1995, CD Included