Start by marking “Where the Wind Blows (Prairie Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Where the Wind Blows (Prairie Hearts, #1)

Where the Wind Blows (Prairie Hearts #1)

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  2,544 Ratings  ·  181 Reviews
Chase Logan liked being a loner, a drifter, free and clear as a mountain stream. But one look into Jessie Strong's sky blue eyes and in the span of a heartbeat, he found himself agreeing to be her husband --- and a father!

Jessie knew it was all pretend. And only temporary. Just until the adoption went through for three-year-old Sarah. But the longer Chase stayed, the less
Mass Market Paperback, 291 pages
Published July 28th 2009 by Leisure Books

Kathleen
Did not finish, but got halfway through. I bought this because I've been on a Western romance kick -- stories involving kids. This book fit the bill, set near Cheyenne, Wyoming about 1877, with two orphans playing major secondary roles. After buying the Kindle e-book, I got the audio from Audible for just an extra $1.99. Thank goodness, because the best thing about this whole deal is the narrator. Phil Gigante is top drawer. The story gets 2 stars, but his performance gets 4 (not crazy about how ...more
†Ðawn†

DNF 40%

Thought this had a virgin hero. It did not. It is also a clean read. Found out a little late. Was deceived by a "list" that had this under virgin heros.

Other things I did not like was the heros past with women constantly being thrown out and the fact he was hung up on a woman he loved who had died.

Not for me

Wrong.

The story itself is meh..thus the 2 stars. Bored.
Kathy
May 21, 2010 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I picked this up because it was labeled clean. It was a sweet story and while not squeaky clean it was not offensive to me. Mild religious elements but not preachy. A little sappy in places but enjoyable and I would read another by this author.

Content: mild language, non descriptive fade to black sex scene between a married couple
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Mary Turner
Jan 24, 2010 Mary Turner rated it it was amazing
I really LOVED this story!
Nadine Jones
A completely mediocre romance set in Wyoming Territory, 1887 or thereabouts. Handsome Chase rides into town to tell cute little Jessie that her husband has died. Jessie lives way outside the edge of town. Plot device plot device plot device, then the two find themselves very attracted to each other, and forced to marry to save Jessie's reputation.

This is entertaining enough, but I find there is no sense of time and place - I want more mention of how hard life was back then, what Jessie & Ch
Linda
Jun 24, 2010 Linda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to read a sweet historical romance
Two wounded people. A setting that could have been real. A simple love story.

Chase Logan is not the perfect looking hero. A drifter and somewhat weather beaten he is on a mission. He knows right from wrong and is left with the job of telling his partner's wife that her husband has died. He wants to finish his business and move on but then he hasn't met Jessie and Sarah yet. People who will chip away at his heart.

Jessie has one goal in mind: to keep Sarah and love her. Chase comes along and weave
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
4 1/2 stars - good old fashioned Western performed by Phil Gigante. A definite one I'll listen to again.
Colleen Jorgensen
Feb 10, 2010 Colleen Jorgensen rated it it was amazing
loved this charming book. Moves easily and effortlessly throughout the entire story, holding my interest.
Toni FGMAMTC

This wasn't really my kind of story, but I do recommend it to anyone needing a break from all the sex and dramatics in a lot of the romance these days. It's clean and sweet, but it's pretty predictable. It's kinda like a book version of a Hallmark show.
Shanna Hatfield
Mar 31, 2012 Shanna Hatfield rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Caroline Fyffe's debut novel is well-worth the read. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be checking into her other novels.

Since it falls into my favorite genre of historic romance, I couldn’t quite help myself when I saw it was available for a free Kindle download. You never know what to expect with some of the freebies you get, but I was hooked from the beginning.

The novel tells the story of Chase Logan, a good man who just can’t quite let himself set down any roots, and Jessie Strong, a young wo
Evelyn
Mar 09, 2010 Evelyn rated it really liked it
When loner cowboy Chase Logan rides out to find Jessie Strong and tell her that she's now a widow, the last thing he expects to do his stay and pretend that he's her husband so that she can adopt two children from the orphanage in which she grew up.

Chase finds himself inexplicably drawn to Jessie and her new daughter Sarah, as well his ranch duties. Can it be that he is ready to settle down?

I read this for romance writers awards and really enjoyed it. Chase and Jessie are likeable characters and
Sue
Jul 22, 2010 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three and a half stars. . .

Very, very sweet story. While the writing was generally good, there was a problem with the over-use of similes and too-corny western speak. When Ms Fyffe let the 'little darlin' speak go, it was a lovely little love story about two decent people trying to live a good life.
Kristi
Feb 12, 2017 Kristi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Rating: PG (mild violence)

A sweet story. A breath of fresh air for a change.

Logan Chase
Jessie Strong
Carolyn Vandine west
I loved this sweet book just a fun read even though there was serious content it was just plain fun and enjoyable. If real life didn't interfere it would have been finished earlier I will be reading more of her books in the future, first book I read by this new to me author.
Sandy M
Jul 27, 2011 Sandy M rated it really liked it
Shelves: western, historical
Every now and then a book comes along that is just so tender, so lovely you can’t help the emotions that roll through you. Every now and then an author comes along, who can write such a story successfully. This is one of those books. A story of tender love growing between two strangers thrown together by circumstance and who try to make the best of things. Caroline Fyffe is an author to keep your eye on. This is her debut book, so her future definitely looks very bright.

Chase Logan is a loner, a
Melissa
I wasn't expecting much from this story and ended up liking it a lot more then I thought I would. For a romance novel it had good characters and depth. I ended up liking these two and really hoping for a happy outcome for both of them. This was a Christian romance only because they believed in God and prayed. There was no preaching it was more of an underlining current that ran threw the book. This book was fairly clean, there was one sex scene that was there but not too detailed, but you know w ...more
Netanella
Jul 26, 2011 Netanella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western-romance
I really liked this book, much more than I expected. Nice surprise, there, in fact. Chase Logan is a down-to-earth, sexy cowboy who comes to town to tell a young woman that she's been recently widowed. Events conspire to keep the two together in a charming, touching way. I think that's probably the best way to describe this book - charming and delightful. I will definitely pick up another from Caroline Fyffe.
Kathy
Jan 08, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by Caroline Fyffe and it will definitely not be my last! I loved Jessie and Chase's story! I was drawn in by the raw beauty of the historical west she described as well as the individual characters! This is a sweet, tender romance that will touch your heart as well as your soul! I loved every second of it and can't wait to read more by this talented author!
Theresa Ragan
Mar 23, 2011 Theresa Ragan rated it it was amazing
I ready this book way back when and I can still easily conjure up the characters in my mind. I adored Chase and Jessie. Caroline Fyffe writes the kind of books that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
JaNeen
Sep 24, 2012 JaNeen rated it it was amazing
I just accidentally found this book and I am so glad I did! It was so captivating that I could not put it down! It was a clean western romance- my favortite. I just loved all the characters! I will remember this author!
Gail Jicinsky
Aug 08, 2014 Gail Jicinsky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe this is her debut novel!

I can't believe this is her debut novel!

What a great story,with so many mini stories unfolding and entwined throughout. This would make a great movie or tv series. I highly recommend Where the Wind Blows.
May 03, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-ebook
It was a cute storyline although a little hard to believe. One short love scene that started to make me skim... but since the couple was married, I was just ok with it. Still a fun read for those who like a mystery, action, wild west romance.
Stephanie Thomson
Dec 26, 2015 Stephanie Thomson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this read, it kept me entertained and it was a nice distraction. Lately I have been in the mood for a light clean romance and this hit the spot along with the second book in the series.
SheLove2Read
Jul 02, 2009 SheLove2Read rated it it was ok
Nothing to write home about.
Lindsay
Oct 20, 2011 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
This is a must for anyone who loves a great western historical romance.
Jarizona
Jul 16, 2011 Jarizona rated it it was amazing
I love this story.
Michelle Rowe
Jan 29, 2011 Michelle Rowe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love her writing style and story lines!
Anne OK
Aug 27, 2011 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
Another great western and I can't wait for the next book.
Sherron
Feb 23, 2012 Sherron marked it as to-read
Shelves: maybe, kindle-freebie
Free on Kindle today
Nellie
Feb 03, 2017 Nellie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Western romance

Well, not totally clean, but pretty close. A couple mild cuss words. Romantic, and interesting. I got a bit lost with the side story. It felt like there was a book before this, and I lost the trail a couple times.
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • The Law and Miss Penny (Law and Disorder, #1)
  • Land of Dreams
  • The Texan's Bride
  • The End of the Rainbow
  • Texas Lily (Too Hard to Handle, #1)
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
  • Magnolia
  • California Caress
  • Texas Hold Him
  • Heartbreak Creek (Runaway Brides #1)
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Tender Texan
USA Today Bestselling Author Caroline Fyffe was born in Waco, Texas, the first of many towns she would call home during her father's career with the US Air Force. A horse aficionado from an early age, she earned a Bachelor of Arts in communications from California State University-Chico before launching what would become a twenty-year career as an equine photographer. She began writing fiction to ...more
More about Caroline Fyffe...

Prairie Hearts (6 books)
  • Before the Larkspur Blooms (Prairie Hearts, #2)
  • West Winds of Wyoming (Prairie Hearts, #3)
  • Under a Falling Star (Prairie Hearts, #4)
  • Whispers on the Wind (Prairie Hearts, #5)
  • Where Wind Meets Wave (Prairie Hearts, #6)

“countered stubbornly. “Besides, I’ve” 0 likes