Start by marking “The 30-Minute Vegan: Over 175 Quick, Delicious, and Healthy Recipes for Everyday Cooking” as Want to Read:

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  1,063 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Enhanced with eight pages of color photographs, this collection of 150 easy-to-prepare recipes offers tasty vegan dishes for adults and kids alike, including smoothies, appetizers, light dinners, and delicious desserts. Original.
Title: The 30 Minute Vegan
Author: Reinfeld, Mark/ Murray, Jennifer/ Madison, Deborah (FRW)
Publisher: Perseus Books Group
Publication Date: 2009/07/
Published July 7th 2009 by Da Capo Lifelong Books (first published June 16th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The 30-Minute Vegan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 30-Minute Vegan

Lauren
Nov 16, 2009 Lauren rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lauren by: Stacey Duke
Shelves: cooking, veggie
It's always a challenge to review cookbooks: one does not have to try every single recipe in the book to get the true essence of the recipes. Sometimes a good flip-through will do!

I got this book as a gift from a friend (a non-vegan, actually!) who bought it and enjoyed it enough to send me a copy. Thanks Stacey!

With 30-Minute in the title, you can surmise that the book is about convenience; about 85% of the recipes are raw, so with little to no cooking time, it is truly possible to make these
Ethical Cannibal
Mar 01, 2010 Ethical Cannibal rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: cooks
Recommended to Ethical by: library search
Shelves: cookbooks
I wasn't sure about this book at first because I like my cookbooks with big color pictures to show me what's being made. However, after looking through, I was won over bit by bit by a couple of factors.

This book is a really good starting point if you've never made vegan food before. There are a lot of recipes with common ingredients, and the recipes directions are complete and easy to follow, even if you're not an experienced cook. They include a lot of tips, such as how to remove the seeds fro
Nicole Wong
Feb 22, 2011 Nicole Wong rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic vegan cookbook. I was plesently suprised by all of the raw and live recipes in the book. The recipes are healthy & easy. I bought this book on a whim, and have been very impressed by the content. I wish there was a picture for each recipe, but it does have a nice insert. The recipes themselves deserve five stars. Raw cinnamon rolls? How could I resist? I love how the raw recipes are designated with a little heart. For such a simple looking book it's got a wide variety of ...more
Lisa Kay
★★★★ - Took Mark's course last week (taught by the amazing Deb Kay) up in Portland, OR, and it was fabulous. Though I've been cooking vegan for about 4 years, and the course was one geared towards the "new" vegan, I still learned tons and overcame my fear of trying some new things. Wonderful book! ...more
julieta
Jan 14, 2016 julieta rated it it was amazing
I really really love this book. One thing I love about veganism (not that I'm vegan, I do eat eggs and cheese), is how it really opens up your possibilities, once you stop putting animal protein in the center of your plate. Everything becomes much more fun.
And these recipes really are pretty easy and fast. I recommend this for anyone who's bored with meat and potatoes.
Barry
Oct 15, 2014 Barry rated it liked it
Pretty good cookbook. I like the ethos of this book - good quality vegan meals that can be knocked out in less than 30 minutes. One of the issue I have at the moment with a young family is making decent food quickly after work and before the little ones are bathed and in bed. We rarely eat processed food and I needed a shot of inspiration. This book gave it to me that's for sure.

I've tried a few recipes in here and I did do them all in 30 minutes. One of the good things about the book is that it
Jessica
Mar 26, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I like this cookbook. The recipes are interesting and easy -- a combination you don't find all the time. And the ingredients are pretty easy to source. I only wish it had lots of pictures.

Tomatillo salsa: Yum! We loved this raw salsa and it was ready in 5 minutes flat. I served it over rice and beans, and it gave it a nice little kick.

Tofu saag: I cubed and boiled potatoes to add to this recipe, and served it with basmati rice and dal. I honestly didn't eat it (wasn't feeling well), but Jeff rep
Grace
Aug 07, 2009 Grace rated it liked it
Shelves: vegan
I just have this from the library, so don't have lots of time to try out the recipes, but it's not really my kind of cookbook. The blurb on the cover from an author of Skinny Bitch, which I think is terrible for people, probably put me into a mood to find the authors smug/diet-y, but there definitely are some recipes in here that sound good. If someone's looking for simple-ish raw or wheat-free recipes, this would probably be really good for hir, but for me there was nothing that really distingu ...more
Thomas Fackler
Jan 29, 2012 Thomas Fackler rated it really liked it
This is a very good cookbook. Adding approximately 20% to the time-frame stated in the menu would be more accurate. The recipes are simple. Suggestions for replacements and additions to many recipes are given. For this book to be amazing it would have to have the meals ready for us when we get home from work - hence only 4 stars.
sara frances
Macaroni and Cheese (page 249) - ★★☆☆☆ had a pretty strong mustard taste to it. tasted quite a bit better after i threw in some soy sauce.

Mexican Tortilla Soup (page 163) - ★★★★★ cheap and easy to make, yet it still tasted amazing! we just used water instead of veggie stock and it was plenty yummy!
Brooke
Jan 23, 2012 Brooke rated it it was ok
Shelves: food-and-drink
Not the best book of ideas. A recipe for blending together blueberries, ginger, and apple for a smoothie is not something I couldn't have thought of myself. Maybe this would be good for someone who is new to cooking for themselves, but I didn't get anything new from it.
Maria
Apr 20, 2010 Maria rated it really liked it
I love this cookbook's focus on non-processed ingredients. I also appreciate the authors' suggestions for ways to change-up the recipes if you've got more time. Friendly tone throughout without being preachy - which I don't mind, but understand that others do. Good stuff!
dara
Feb 25, 2010 dara added it
Yay, I found this for $6. Looks like a lot of raw food, mostly. Ultra-healthy vegan stuff, y'know.
Margo

great book
Nora
Jan 29, 2014 Nora rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cooking
Many of the recipes looked good (especially the smoothies at the beginning!), but I don't think this is a MUST HAVE for me.
Holly
Aug 07, 2012 Holly rated it it was amazing
Meat-eaters, when beef goes up to $1,000,000 per pound, call me. I gotcha covered with these awesome veg recipes.
Rachel
Aug 11, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cook-book
This book has so many tasty and wonderful recipes. I am not a fast cook, but this book lives up to it's name!
Lori Goshert-shokirov
Sep 08, 2015 Lori Goshert-shokirov rated it really liked it
Soy sauce in hummus? REALLY? But other than that, there are a lot of nice recipes I'd like to try.
Monica
Sep 28, 2013 Monica rated it it was amazing
Borrowed this from a friend. Loved it so much, I bought it. This is another cookbook that helped my husband and I ease into the lifestyle. There are to many good recipes NOT to try in this book!!
Susan Erhardt
Apr 02, 2010 Susan Erhardt rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Lots of easy-ish recipes without odd ingredients that I'd never use for anything else.
Sally
Nov 14, 2015 Sally rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Didn't find too many recipes I wanted to try, but it's basically a good cookbook.
Amy M.
Sep 04, 2009 Amy M. rated it really liked it
A lot of good recipes in this book. It's going on my wishlist!
Cheryl Matsuyama
Cheryl Matsuyama rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Slarti
Slarti rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Ji-Yeon Yuh
Ji-Yeon Yuh rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Rebekah Nichols
Rebekah Nichols rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2013
amanda Bakinow Leeds
amanda Bakinow Leeds rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
  • Vegan Diner: Classic Comfort Food for the Body and Soul
  • The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes: Amazing Cookies, Cakes, Muffins, Pies, Brownies and Breads
  • Supermarket Vegan: 225 Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes for Real People in the Real World
  • 1,000 Vegan Recipes
  • Vegan Express
  • Cookin' Crunk: Eatin' Vegan in the Dirty South
  • 500 Vegan Recipes: An Amazing Variety of Delicious Recipes, From Chilis and Casseroles to Crumbles, Crisps, and Cookies (500 Cooking (Sellers))
  • The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion
  • Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet
  • Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food: 65 Everyday Meal Ideas for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Over 150 Great-Tasting, Down-Home Recipes
  • My Sweet Vegan: passionate about dessert
  • The Urban Vegan: 250 Simple, Sumptuous Recipes from Street Cart Favorites to Haute Cuisine
  • The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet: 101 Globally Inspired Vegan Creations Packed with Fresh Flavors and Exciting New Tastes
  • Vegan A Go-Go!: A Cookbook & Survival Manual for Vegans on the Road
  • The Indian Vegan Kitchen: More Than 150 Quick and Healthy Homestyle Recipes
  • Caribbean Vegan: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Authentic Island Cuisine for Every Occasion
  • Big Vegan
  • The Asian Vegan Kitchen: Authentic and Appetizing Dishes from a Continent of Rich Flavors
Mark Reinfeld has been preparing inspired gourmet vegan and live food cuisine for over 15 years. He is the recipient of the 2006 Platinum Carrot Award for living foods – a national award given by the Aspen Center for Integral Health to America’s ‘Top Healthy Gourmet Chefs.’ Though his roots are in New York, he developed his love for World culture and cuisine while traveling through Europe, Asia, a ...more
More about Mark Reinfeld...