Start by marking “A Voice in the Dark (He's a Mystery #5) (Harlequin Intrigue #1111)” as Want to Read:
A Voice in the Dark (He's a Mystery #5) (Harlequin Intrigue #1111)

A Voice in the Dark (He's a Mystery #5) (He's A Mystery #5)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
No one knew what Noah Graydon looked like, but they'd all heard the rumors. How he'd been broken, even scarred, on his last case. How he never showed his face...until the day he took an overwhelming interest in one very special agent.

Angel Carter would have been a serial killer's next victim if not for Noah. The rescue gave her a glimpse into his world of shadows—yet she d
Published January 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published December 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Voice in the Dark (He's a Mystery #5), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Voice in the Dark (He's a Mystery #5)

Dina
Jul 26, 2009 Dina rated it liked it
Recommended to Dina by: Alathea Wright
I don't know exactly why but I didn't enjoy this book as much as I should. I mean, I liked the H/h and the mystery/suspense plot was intriguing - I was completelty surprised by the killer's identity - so I should have had a great time reading this book, right? Unfortunately, that's not what happened and I found myself distracted and having to reread whole paragraphs more than once in order to understand what was going on and/or what the characters were talking about. Bottom line, one could say I ...more
Mojca
A serial killer has apparently returned to Boston after a five-year hiatus. The case goes to FBI agent Angel Carter and her partner and though the clues are scarce, Angel has an ace up her sleeve - FBI profiler Noah Graydon, a man she's never seen. A man that is but a voice in the dark over her phone.

Noah Graydon is a legend and a phantom. The last time he tangled with the serial killer dubbed the Penny Killer for the two pennies he leaves on the victim's eyelids, a young agent lost his life, th
jenjn79
May 17, 2009 jenjn79 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: random buy
Hard to decide what to rate this book. If I could, I'd give the romance 5 stars, the plot idea 4 stars, but the plot execution varied from 2-4 stars. Which is pretty much the same problem I've had with the other two books I've read by Jenna Ryan. Something about the way she writes her plots...the pacing, the thoroughness...something...just does not really work for me. As I was reading, it just felt like maybe the author rushed to get the story written, for whatever reason, and because of that th ...more
Mojca

Ash
Feb 26, 2015 Ash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery.Totally unexpected killer.
Michael
Apr 24, 2012 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Know what's hard to write? A story with one of those "mystery guys" in it. You know the type: tall, dark, handsome loner who sticks to the shadows, shuns contact with the rest of the world, never talks about his past. Could be the most interesting guy on the planet once you get to know him, but you never get to know him, because he's too cool, too badass, to let you get that close. How do you make somebody like that interesting? How do you make him a good guy instead of going the easy route of j ...more
Shaquala Dalambakis
ABSOLUTELY, LOVE THIS BOOK!!! While I was reading, I was trying to piece the evidence together. I thought I had it figured out, but when the real killer is revealed, I was shocked. I love how the book was geared to make you think. I love how it made you rethink who the killer was every so often, with the new information given. Re-read over and over. Definitely, my favorite!!!
Sarah Ballance
Oct 03, 2010 Sarah Ballance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the witty, fast pace of A Voice in the Dark by Jenna Ryan. The attraction between Noah and Angel is beyond hot - this book simmers with sexual tension, the kind that makes you want to read faster just to get to the part where they finally give in. In that sense, it's stellar. My only problem is that the motive of the bad guy is so well hidden that I had to read the "reveal" chapter twice to "get it." For pure entertainment value, however, it stays on the bedside table. Love it!

☆°•..  Jillie Anne ..•°☆
Very good book.. Love how it was written.. Just loved the story... (audiobook was great, Holly Fielding has an amazing voice ! Didn't mind that she didn't go crazy to invent different character voices, it was read perfectly)
Issues.. There were hints of her being physic in the begging that didn't go anywhere.. Also She was an artist trying to paint him through a physic eye.. that didn't go anywhere either. It doesn't take away from the story.
Noelle Walsh
This book was good. I read this in one sitting and liked it. It had enough mystery to keep me interested.
Tiana
Tiana added it
Jan 01, 2016
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Sep 11, 2015
Loisa
Loisa marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Hannah  Ruth
Hannah Ruth marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Marcy Blanton
Marcy Blanton marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Aislinn
Aislinn marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Minna
Minna added it
Feb 19, 2015
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Joyce Camille
Joyce Camille marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Angel
Angel added it
Jan 03, 2015
Emsy Van Wyck
Emsy Van Wyck rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Kay Jane
Kay Jane marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Marcia
Marcia rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
rebecca j
rebecca j rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jenna Ryan was born in Victoria, British Columbia. After long stints in different cities across Canada, she returned home to Vancouver Island where she has lived ever since. She has had thirty-one books published in the Harlequin Intrigue series. Her ideas come from real life, and she is helped in her writing by her sister Kathy.

She enjoys reading and is a big fan of women's fiction, psychological
More about Jenna Ryan...

He's A Mystery (6 books)
  • Footprints in the Snow (He's a Mystery #1)
  • Double Life: He's a Mystery (Harlequin Intrigue #954)
  • Pull of the Moon (He's A Mystery)
  • Beast In The Tower (Harlequin Intrigue #966) (He's A Mystery#4)
  • The Phantom of Black's Cove (He's A Mystery, #6)