Start by marking “I May Not Be Totally Perfect, but Parts of Me Are Excellent” as Want to Read:
I May Not Be Totally Perfect, but Parts of Me Are Excellent

I May Not Be Totally Perfect, but Parts of Me Are Excellent

A dazzling collection of witty and wise Pot Shots, or Brilliant Thoughts . . . illustrated epigrams that will inspire your personal quest for telling communication. Fresh, funny, wistful, bright; they may well reflect some of your own deep or whimsical thoughts.

Ashleigh's Pot Shots are acclaimed, told and re-told, by young and old, secular and religious, mainstream and o

Published January 1st 1979 by Woodbridge Press Publishing Co ,U.S. (first published September 1978)

Be the first to ask a question about I May Not Be Totally Perfect, but Parts of Me Are Excellent

James
Dec 12, 2007 James rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
After reading the author's PotShots cartoons in the newspaper for years, it's a delight to find a book full of them - each is an epigram of 17 or fewer words illustrated with a cartoon or etching. A book you'll find yourself picking up and flipping through again and again.
LemontreeLime
Jul 26, 2009 LemontreeLime rated it really liked it
I adore Ashleigh's bent way of looking at the world! For example: "I'm in search of myself - have you seen me anywhere?" or "All I ask of Life is a constant and exaggerated sense of my own importance." So Wonderful! So many thanks, Mr. Brillant!
Patricia
Aug 01, 2015 Patricia rated it really liked it
Shelves: donated
A book of cartoons for cynics.
Valerie
Brilliant doesn't mention the Victorian Punch cartoon 'The Curate's Egg' as the source of the phrase 'Parts of (it) are excellent'. Possibly he doesn't remember the cartoon.

I'm of two minds about Ashleigh Brilliant. There's no doubt his 'meaning play' is quite delightful. And he often nails the exact right phrasing for things. But I don't care for his possessive attitude. It may be a part of the common pathology of our society that writers feel they have to have absolute control over 'their' wo
Jmp
Feb 01, 2015 Jmp rated it really liked it
Very funny. Great illustrations. This guy has one weird but wonderful mind. This book would be a great gift for special friends.
John Blevins
Apr 01, 2015 John Blevins rated it it was amazing
I own several of Brilliant's books, and love them all. They're full of aphorisms, with sample drawings to complement. I enjoyed using them to kick of business meetings, educations sessions, etc.
Erin E
Dec 23, 2010 Erin E rated it it was amazing
Shelves: before-2010
Everyone should read this book! There are some "zinger" quotes in here!

"I hear water is dangerous, it's full of hydrogen and oxygen"
Sherry Walsh
Sherry Walsh rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2014
Leslie
Sep 27, 2014 Leslie rated it liked it
Smart and funny.
Ana
Ana rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2011
Zorena
Zorena rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2011
Lynda
Lynda rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2009
Roberta
Apr 01, 2014 Roberta rated it liked it
I read this a long, long time ago. I don't remember much about it except that I liked it.
Dane Owen
Dane Owen rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2013
Mary Townsend
Mary Townsend rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Evie
Evie rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2009
Mavaddat
Mavaddat rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2009
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2009
Carl
Carl rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2009
Bill Yarrow
Bill Yarrow rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2008
Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist"
Jeanette "Astute Crabbist" rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2011
Trevor
Trevor rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Carol Ann Brusven
Carol Ann Brusven rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2016
Mrmowjo Knight
Mrmowjo Knight rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2011
Virginia Bernhard
Virginia Bernhard rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
V
V rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2010
Misna Zurbano
Misna Zurbano rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Lela
Lela rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2014