Kathryn In The Court of Six Queens

Kathryn In The Court of Six Queens

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  7 reviews
out of print and very hard to find
Paperback
Published 1989

To ask other readers questions about Kathryn In The Court of Six Queens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kathryn In The Court of Six Queens

Karla (Mossy Love Grotto)
Misfit
Fabulous tale of one woman who served all six queens of Henry VIII. Wow, historical romance doesn't get much better than this. This is the story of the fictional Kathryn Chase descended from Edward IV via the wrong side of the blanket and also related to the Howards, who from a very young girl starts serving Catherine of Aragon, and eventually serving as lady in waiting to all of Henry's queens, thus giving us a wondrous glimpse into the lives of those famous and ill fated queens. Unhappy in her...more
Debbie
Sep 03, 2008 Debbie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any fan of Tudor fiction
This is one of my all-time favorite fictional accounts of the court of Henry VIII. It follows the story of Kathryn Chase, related to the Howards and Boleyns and a fixture at court. From her childhood in service to Catherine of Aragon to her term helping Catherine Parr, Kathryn has a bird's eye view to the pageantry, history and danger in the court of Henry VIII. In between the drama that swirls around with each new queen, we see Kathryn fall in love. Her most enduring love is with John de Gael,...more
Rebecca Huston
Hands down, my favourite of all the various Tudor novels out there. Smart, drop dead funny, with plenty of historical tidbits, and one of the best couples in HF around. Seriously, who wouldn't fall for John de Gael?
Alex
A fun read featuring the fictional Kathryn Chase, who began her stay at court at the age of 6 years old. She first served Katherine of Aragon, and followed as King Henry took six very different wives.

Though I really enjoyed this book, some parts of the book lagged very badly. This book was about 450 pages, which is usually nothing to me, but it took me 10 days to read it. I just found myself bored occasionally and had to switch to something else for awhile.

It was surprising to see Anne of Cleves...more
LCW
Loved this one! It took me forever to find a beat up old copy that wasn't outrageously priced. No loaning this one out!
Margaret
This is an enjoyable romp set during the reign of Henry VIII. The heroine, Kathryn Chase, is fictional, but Abbey does a clever job of inserting her and the other fictional characters into a historical period believably, without messing around much with actual events. The picture she paints of Henry's court is shallow, lacking some of the political machinations I find interesting about the period, but the story is fast-paced, often witty, and fun to read regardless.
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Blossom
Blossom marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Jacki
Jacki marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Gin Tadvick
Gin Tadvick marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Jennifer Gott
Jennifer Gott marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Anna Penwick
Anna Penwick marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Laura Lee
Laura Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Emily Chmielewski
Emily Chmielewski marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Rebecca Hill
Rebecca Hill marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Lindsay Maki
Lindsay Maki marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Kathy Garrelts
Kathy Garrelts marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Billye
Billye marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Samantha Gillen
Samantha Gillen marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Lisa Mangan
Lisa Mangan marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Dark Rose (The Morland Dynasty, #2)
  • A Lady Raised High: A Novel of Anne Boleyn
  • Dear Heart, How Like You This?
  • Great Harry
  • Vengeance Is Mine: A Novel Of Anne Boleyn, Katherine Howard, And Lady Rochford  The Woman Who Helped Destroy Them Both
  • The Rise and Fall of Anne Boleyn: Family Politics at the Court of Henry VIII
  • Tears of Gold
  • Alinor (The Roselynde Chronicles, #2)
  • The King's Pleasure
  • The Uncrowned Kings of England: The Black History of the Dudleys and the Tudor Throne
  • Elizabeth, Captive Princess (Elizabeth Trilogy, #2)
  • In the Shadow of Lady Jane
  • The King's Secret Matter (Tudor Saga, #4)
  • Harlot Queen
  • The Lady Penelope: The Lost Tale of Love and Politics in the Court of Elizabeth I
  • Zemindar