Start by marking “Sweet Sixteen Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Sixteen Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7.5)

Sweet Sixteen Princess (The Princess Diaries #7.5)

3.64  ·  Rating Details ·  9,066 Ratings  ·  182 Reviews

Sixteen is the magic number

Mia doesn't always have the best luck with parties, so even though it's her sweet sixteenth, she doesn't want a birthday bash. As usual, Grandmère has other ideas, and thinks a reality TV special is just the thing in order to celebrate royally. The whole scheme smacks of Lilly's doing -- Lilly, whose own TV show is still only limited to local

Published October 6th 2009 by HarperFestival (first published May 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Sixteen Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Sixteen Princess

Jessica (priceiswong)
Really good! I can't believe her grandma tried to get her on that show! Haha doesn't she know Mia by now? The party at end was really cute! Always wish these were longer!
MJ
Jan 28, 2015 MJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
See my entire binge read of this book and books 6-7 1/2 here.

This is one is almost pure fluff, at first glance. But there’s really some subplots that play a huge role in book eight that rear their head here.

What I like about this one, is that despite being a romantic read it does focus a lot of the Lilly and Mia friendship. And I think that sometimes that relationship is overlooked or used more or less as a zany plot device.

But in this book, you get Lilly and Mia.

I probably won’t say that anytim
Erin
Sep 04, 2011 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: little-romance
I can't think of a single reason for this book to be published, other than a lust for money. It was absolutely pointless. I reserve one star ratings for books that I absolutely hate and would gladly throw in a fire, so that's the only reason you're seeing 2 stars.

PS. Michael is boring. It doesn't help that he's never part of the narrative.
Myndi
Sep 22, 2014 Myndi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, finally I feel a bit of sympathy for Lilly. I still really don't like how she treats Mia though.
Mia is turning 16 in this book and everyone has ideas for how she should celebrate and no one seems to care what she wants. Except by the end of the book we find out that most of Mia's circle of friends and family actually did care the whole time.
I also spy something curious happening with Perin that I've been suspicious of since she came into the picture. I also still have some questions about
Sophia
Nov 05, 2016 Sophia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is just a short sweet story about Mia turning sixteen and reviewing her past parties. You saw more of Mia and and Michael and how cute they are together and how Lily, even though she is mostly mean and rude, she really values her friendship with Mia. You also see something in this book that is actually mentioned in one of the main novels. Overall, I liked this book and it was a classic Princess Diaries story.
Amber Kestner
Dec 21, 2014 Amber Kestner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, princesses
This book was great even the ending for Mia and Michael. Yes, Mia can get a bit out of hand but she does her best to handle such a rush of a moment including her own birthday. Love this book and recommend it even if it is a short book.
Saori Luna
Sólo una pequeña historia. De alguna manera creo que siempre me quedo esperando algo más de drama en estos libros. Todo se resuelve muy fácilmente. Será acaso muy ligero para mí?
Neri.
Dec 30, 2015 Neri. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5. It felt like a chpter ripped of some 'Princess Diaries' book. Although it was ok.
Charlotte Kelly
Jan 03, 2017 Charlotte Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bella
Nov 23, 2016 Bella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aww, wie süß!
Cathy
Mar 19, 2017 Cathy rated it it was ok
This was a short novella that offered some plot points for the overall series. I did read it out of order and didn't feel like I missed out on anything when I skipped it earlier.
Ale96_CalS Paola
Christine Marie
Sep 24, 2011 Christine Marie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Princess, Romance, Teen Lovers
Recommended to Christine by: Disney
This review will be short because this is a half volume of the series.

Okay, well this book was semi-dissapointing. In most of the other half volumes, Meg was able to develop the plot AND wrap up the conflict effectively. I felt like the opposite was true in this book. I think that the book was promising until the resolution, which I didn't really particularly like.

Mia is turning sixteen and all her friends want her to have a party. Mia just wants to have a dinner with her boyfriend, Michael. Wil
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Mia, Princess of Genovia, is about to turn sixteen. The last thing she wants is a sweet sixteen birthday party, but it seems like that's the only thing her friends can talk about. While Mia is worried about how to get the administration at Albert Einstein High School to go less on the structured athletics and more on the personal exercise and health regimen, her best friend Lilly is still steaming over being passed up for her own show on MTV.

While Lilly stews
Catherine
Sep 18, 2016 Catherine rated it liked it
The short ones are cute, but the full length ones are definitely a lot better.
Angie
May 16, 2016 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Synopsis: "Sixteen is the magic number

Mia doesn't always have the best luck with parties, so even though it's her sweet sixteenth, she doesn't want a birthday bash. As usual, Grandmere has other ideas, and thinks a reality TV special is just the thing in order to celebrate royally. The whole scheme smacks of Lilly's doing -- Lilly, whose own TV show is still only limited to local cable viewers.

Will Mia be able to stop Grandmere's plan? Will her friends ever forgive her if she does stop it, since
Hannahd014
Nov 16, 2011 Hannahd014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2nd-trimester
This book is about princess Mia. Mia's grandme're goes way to over board with all of Mia's birthday parties. For her sixteenth birthday everybody has her thinking that all of her friends and some family are going to the mall to have a spa day. Mia does not want this to happen even no it wouldn't be happening anyways. So instead they have her thinking that they are taking one of Mia's friends (a boy) is going to the mall to get clothes and boy things for his birthday. When it comes to Michael com ...more
Sara
May 09, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book "Sweet Sixteen Princess" by Meg Cabot, is the seventh (and a half) book in the "Princess Diaries" series, which was specifically set around Mia's sixteenth birthday. Scanning out the shelves of the library, my eyes caught sight of this, and I instantly had to read this since I had read some of the series in sixth grade. Originally I thought I stopped at the sixth book, but I realized I stopped earlier, so thankfully this wasn't the actual plot. Personally, my favorite part was Mia's upl ...more
Joshlin Manning
Dec 02, 2016 Joshlin Manning rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 12+
Shelves: english-420
MEG CABOT and ROMANCE
Because I had seen the "princess diaries" movies and found them to be fairly amusing, I thought it would be fun to read one of the books from the Princess series. I'm glad this was a short book, because it was pretty....underwhelming. The story follows the drama of Princess Mia, who is the president of her snooty high school's student council and her drama with her best friend, Lilly (who she is still mad at for making out with a stranger in a closet at last years' birthday
Shinjini
This one was just too short to pack any kind of punch and I actually found this one a bit weird. Everyone is different in this novella than they usually are in the series. Mia is manipulative, Clarisse was NOT manipulative, Lilly actually seemed to have a heart. This one was straaaangeeee!

The book was a little pointless really. It didn’t add anything to the series other than a very little amount of information that I’m pretty sure would already have been in the next book. I still love Michael fo
Hayley Direda
CATEGORY: MEG CABOT BOOK

I liked this book, but I felt that it, obviously, was intended for a much younger audience. It is one of Cabot's many Princess Diaries books, which follow Mia as she navigates the world of being a princess and adolescence. In this one, Mia fights strongly against the option of having a huge birthday party, which would be broadcast across the world on MTV. However, those around her want to celebrate her birthday for all kinds of reasons, good and bad, selfish and genuine.
Jaclyn

RATING: 3.5 out of 5 stars

SUMMARY: In this installment in the series we follow Mia around the plans for her Sweet 16. Grandmere wants a big party in Genovia, complete with MTV filming it. However, all Mia wants is to spend time with her boyfriend. Can she convince her Grandmere and her friends to do as she wishes?

REVIEW: My problem I have had with some of these novellas in the middle of the series is that they feel unnecessary. I know they are suppose to in the sense that you don’t need to rea
hpboy13
Sep 24, 2011 hpboy13 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-ya
Absolutely hilarious, and a sheer joy to read!

ETA 10 years later: I actually wish this was longer, perhaps a full Princess Diaries book. The subject of Mia’s Sweet 16 is so ripe for comedy and conflict, especially once Grandmere starts scheming. I refuse to believe that, given Mia’s neuroses and the craziness of the supporting characters, her Sweet 16 didn’t come up until the week of the event. If Mia’s anything like the teenage girls I remember, this should have been a topic of conversation for
Lbshurtleff
Dec 04, 2012 Lbshurtleff rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-420
CABOT CATEGORY
Princess Mia’s sixteenth birthday is just around the corner and she’s not pleased about it. Her best friend Lilly keeps pestering her trying to convince her that she needs to throw and over the top bash, and her Grandmother, Grand’Mere has decided she wants to fly she and 100 of her closest friends to Genovia for shopping sprees and makeovers . . . but only if she can televise the whole event on MTV. Mia just wants a quiet birthday dinner with her boyfriend, Michael and zero drama.
Anna Karras
I have been going back and reading all the Princess Diaries that I have missed. I've been reading a lot of heavy stuff lately, and wanted to get a break and read some "brain candy."

Mia is turning 16, and everyone has an idea of how she should spend her birthday. Lily is pushing hard for a party, and so is her Grandmere. Grandmere also wants to do an episode of My Super Sweet Sixteen for MTV, only topping them all by flying 100 friends to Genovia for a weekend of spoiling. Of course, socially con
Ernica
hm a feature on MTV? didn't think grandma would go that far. the conscious part of me is thinking really? a sweet sixteen featured by MTV? that is so cliche and not to mention a waste of money. The subconscious part of me is saying wow that's really cool. and i really had thought that Lily had been a part of the plan and wow she told JP she loved and all he said was thank you. Haha! but that was very brave of her but then again: she's Lily. and wow how Micheal planned her a different birthday pa ...more
Veronica
Jan 17, 2017 Veronica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When reading this series, I had to skip over this book as it wasn't available at the library. It was weird having skipped over this book and moved ahead then coming back to it. I suggest reading in order.

The one comment I did have was after Mia opened all her presents she said "oh well." I didn't understand. I thought maybe it was because Fat Louie got her the action figure to replace the one she sold on eBay for Michael's Christmas gift. But I couldn't remember because I thought Michael bought
Izabella
A re-read for the read-along with Alina.

The idea for this short story wasn't bad but the characters were all over the place. All of a sudden it felt as if Mia and Lilly transformed into different people. Lilly was exceptionally nice in this one, while she usually got on my nerves the most. Mia on the other hand got simply malicious, and I don't really buy the "she's turning sixteen" excuse there seemed to be for her behaviour. Michael was almost non-existent as always and the plot themes were tr
Veronica Widya
Oct 21, 2008 Veronica Widya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-lit
even this book is practically tiny, but i really enjoy this book.
Its really entertaining, and i love the part when Michael give the special gift for her, it so sweet. :D
but again, i think Mia's character is a bit annoyed me, as always.
i know that she is humble, and care about the other people. thats very good for a princess's character and for every one's character.
i know maybe she dont like party, but come on.. she is a princess, and when her garndma and her friends want celebrate her party, sh
Ally Pershina
Sweet Sixteen Princess was a pretty good book! It was about a teenager named Mia and she didn't know if she wanted to have a birthday party, because of what her friend did at a previous pretty! Mia knew her grandma and friends would come up with some crazy party, that she was scared of. By the end Mia was super hateful for everything she got and everything that happened on her birthday!

I did like this book, it was fun to read and was very clear! I loved how easy it was to read and how specific t
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Sweet Sixteen Princess 1 6 Oct 31, 2013 02:16PM
  • Three Wishes
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Date (Once Upon A Prom, #3)
  • Pie Girls
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • The Girl Who Invented Romance
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Dangerously Alice (Alice, #19)
  • When Irish Guys Are Smiling
  • Pink Princess Rules The School (Perfectly Princess)
  • Silverlighters #1
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • The Pink Palace
  • If I Should Die Before I Wake
  • Pink!
  • My Perfect Life (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #2)

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)