Start by marking “Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)” as Want to Read:
Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #10)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  10,072 Ratings  ·  477 Reviews
The tenth and FINAL installment in the Georgia Nicolson series.
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published June 1st 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (first published June 21st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?

Zoë
Jul 13, 2015 Zoë rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SUCH a great conclusion to a hilarious series! I think it ended just a tad too abruptly, but it was the funniest, most heartwarming, and just all around the best of the series. DAVE THE LAUGH.
nicole
Dec 18, 2009 nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, lol, 2009
HORRRRNNNN!!!

I struggle a bit with how to rate this one since (5 stars), I enjoyed every blessed moment of it. But (3-4 stars), as far as series FINALES go, it was over a bit too soon. I mean, you'd have to be extraordinarily dim to have not figured this ending out somewhere around book five, but still. I wanted to revel in the conclusion a bit more before I turned the page and found myself at the glossary. And, to be honest, I wanted something as gripping as Angus nearly dying in the last insta
Fiona
May 25, 2010 Fiona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have an apology to make.

Dear man on the train. I am so sorry that I sniggered. I saw your face fall, and I know it appeared that I was sniggering at you, but honestly, I wasn't. I was sniggering at Georgia Nicholson. I would like to extend this apology to all the other people who suffered my laughter (and snorts, and silent shaking). On the train. Oh, and the bus.

I can be a book snob. I admit it. For someone whose MA is (and eventual PhD will be) in children's literature, you'd think I was mro
Emily May
May 21, 2011 Emily May rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ah, there's nothing like a bit of Georgia Nicholson silliness to cheer me up. I love that Louise Rennison's books are still funny the third time you read them, I could actually just sit here quoting awesomely hilarious lines to you instead of writing a review - I thought about it.

What should I say? These books never fail to make me laugh (sometimes out loud) and I'm only sad that this book is the end of the road for our Ace Gang, sex gods, luurve gods and (most importantly) our Hornmeister. Yes,
Heather
Oct 22, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women of all ages who fancy a laugh and a tart
Recommended to Heather by: T
Shelves: 2009, ya
I am full of sadnosity that this series has ended but…I lurved the ending! True to form, Georgia’s mad sham of a life is filled with hilariosity, ridiculousness, beards, lippy, half Scottish Wildcat fiasco’s and tarts and cakes galore. I’m so glad that Gee and Dave the Laugh finally got together, it was a long time coming, but they did the Bird of Avon proud. This book made me laugh, squee, sigh and then laugh again. Oh how I will miss these characters now that the series is over.

Also, I would l
Rachel Brand
Nagina Khan
Mar 24, 2012 Nagina Khan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So,Georgia Nicolson concludes her story.Epic read of the century for me,hilariousity-packed and so on.
First of all,feel free to call me utterly bonkers because I felt like crying when I finished.Maybe it was the boyfriend thing,but a major reason was merely that it ended.It feels like Georgia's story was my story or something.Or that she was a very close friend.In any case,I must be loony after all.Thing is,I was so absorbed in the story,and laughed my arse off at some parts of hilariosity and f
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
I'm glad this is the last book in the series. It's not that I don't love Georgia Nicholson, it's that this book felt a little stale. The jokes had happened one too many times, the situations and the rack of lurve, just were overplayed. But Louise Rennison gave us a good ending, the one many (including me)have been hoping for, and Georgia did mature enough to realize maybe she's still to young to be mature. Hard to believe but this series has been around for ten years, while in book only two year ...more
Lisa Johnson
Noooo. Nooooooooo.
I have finished this series and I am so so sad. These books are some of the funniest and loveliest I've read in my life. Even though the ending went a tiny bit too abruptly, it still was the ending I have been wanting for the whole of eight books!
Imo :D (Omnom Books)
Mar 07, 2011 Imo :D (Omnom Books) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: issues, romance, ya
These books have entertained me for a good many years, and now we have finally come to the last one.
Georgia speaks in a refreshingly teenage-like tone, and instead of trying to make it more polite or more suitable for adults, Rennison has played up the angst ridden 'oh no my hair is pouffy it's the end of the world' narrative. The main character Georgia, is a great person and one i would have loved to have known back in school.
She seems to always be having a good time, and for many parts of the
Lexi
Jan 25, 2016 Lexi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1. 15/12/2014 I loved this series so damn much. I could really relate to Georgia throughout the books; perhaps it was because we were of the same age and both had a crazy cat. The members of the Ace Gang were great and... I just can't believe it's over. I want more.
2. 1/22/2016 Second time rereading this series, at 16. I loved it just as much, maybe even a bit more. These characters will always hold a special place in my heart. Especially you, Dave the Laugh.
Laurie
Hahahahalalalalala... Oh how gorgie porgie this was! I for one would have a major case of the humpty dumpty if this wouldn't have ended so fantastico. And can I just say.... Dave the L may not be the sex god or the lurrrve god but he is without doubtnosity the vati! (oo-er) ;)
Sophie
Jul 19, 2009 Sophie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed, uk-author
The last instalment of Georgia Nicolson’s dairies is just as brilliant as the rest of them. I absolutely loved it!

‘Are these my basoomas I see before me?’ was so, so funny. I’d forgotten about Louise Rennison’s ability to make you laugh out loud. She writes the most absurd situations and has her characters have the strangest conversations that you’d burst if you didn’t at least giggle at. She is a comedy genius.

The characters each have distinctive personalities and compliment each other perfectl
Ellen
Sep 15, 2012 Ellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Krista Basilio
Let me just say that I love these books. I love Georgia and all her antics and her hilarious friends. I own all the books and I reread them regularly because they crack me up every time and are always a pick-me-up. That being said, I believe that Rennison really dropped the ball when it came to how this series ended. The thing about romantic comedies isn't the surprise ending. There's never any surprise. We like romantic comedies for the unfolding. We know who loves who from the start, but it's ...more
Bekka
Feb 18, 2016 Bekka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's just not enough Georgia/Dave. Not enough. NOT ENOUGH.

Ideally, Georgia and Masimo should have broken up in the last book and this book should have been all about Georgia and Dave getting their shit together.

I have way more feelings about this series that in strictly reasonable.
Maeve (Otherwordlybooks)
Oh man! That was a ride and a half! This series is so good and reminds me of school and being a teenager and making up stupid jokes and basically just nostalgia.

This was such a lovely book, it didn't leave out any of the hilarious hijinks over wrapping up the series. There was still beards, ad-hoc dancing and Sven and his Viking ways. Though I am sad that it's over and we wont get any new adventures of Georgia and The Ace Gang
I'm glad Georgia finally left the Italian Stallion for someone just as
Christina
I laaaaaike it!

Masimo has got the Humpty Dumpty (in other words, pissed) due to Georgia twisting/dancing with Dave the Laugh and Georgia has resolved to eschew Dave the Laugh with a firm hand, though not doing a very good job at it.

*** Spoiler alert ***

Things are going swell with Masimo but soon after becoming the girlfriend of the Luuurve God (again), the Stiff Dylans are signed with a major management company who wants them to move to London. The pro, Robbie is free of Wet Lindsay. The con, G
Tatiana
Jan 29, 2014 Tatiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a good laugh and a good snog
Shelves: 2009, ya, chick-lit, 2014
It is with deep sadnosity I am writing this review. I am sad not because the book has disappointed me. Not at all, "Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?" is deffo up to Rennison's usual standards of hilariosity. But knowing that this is the last book gives me an actual nervy b. But back to the review for now.

Masimo is having a megahump with Gee after seeing her twisting with Dave the Laugh (Georgia's Hornmeister and an occasional snog partner) at the end of the previous book. Gee is determined
Daniela
*Tear.* The tenth and final installment in what is one of the most hilarious and engaging series for young adults. Rennison's bright, witty humour and sarcastic protaganist, Georgia Nicolson, will surely be missed. Along with the charming Dave the Laugh, the incurably droll Jas, dithering Ellen, crazy kitty Angus and the rest of the quirky cast. These books kept me reading right along through high school and into my early 20s. They became like a comforting blanket. Great series.
Tina Rae
Feb 04, 2010 Tina Rae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Georgia fans
Recommended to Tina Rae by: Morgie
Shelves: favorites
Well, I literally almost cried when I finished this book. No more Georgia?! How will my life ever go on? I honestly loved this book but I felt it ended a bit too soon. I'd waited so long for the ending and I wanted to be able to experience it more. But it was just like *poof* it's over! Which made me quite sad. But in all, I think this one was the funniest book in the entire series and, probably, my favorite. Rom and Jul was the best thing ever!!!
Lucille
Oct 07, 2009 Lucille rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, humour
Honestly, i think that she ended the series perfectly. During this book, I was literally laughing out loud... my dad was staring at me very strangely. I think that the jokes were funny, Georgia and the Ace gang were amazing, and Dave the Laugh is just the absolute most marvy thing since sliced bread :)
THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF PANTS :D
Becky
Dec 28, 2015 Becky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, lol, a-show, dear-diary
I loved this series, but it should have ended several books ago. It got way too repetitive. This book was more of the same Georgia antics, but with a fizzily ending. I do still love Dave the Laugh, though.
Helen Hiorns
Apr 05, 2015 Helen Hiorns rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I reread these books every so often, and although there's not as funny as they were the first time I read them, they're still really quite brilliant.

George Nicolson definitely captures something about what it's like to be a goofy teenagers that other books don't seem to. I love the focus on her friendships (Jaz is a hero - friendships where they fall out every few weeks are my lifeblood and very teen-accurate,I think). I love her make up experimentations and the disaster that is stealing her mum
Martha Monroe
I remember reading the first half of this series in high school, and thinking it was the most hilarious and relatable thing in the world. And I would still agree with that statement, in the sense that if you're a 15 year old girl, you will love this series.

It isnt anything that will make you think too hard, or get you too invested in the characters. And honestly, it probably could've been condensed into 5 books. But if you've ever been a slightly awkward teenager who keeps a diary about the shen
Pip
Dec 10, 2014 Pip rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aw, more disappointing than I remember. Boo.
Julie
Oh ma gawd, I can't believe I actually finished a series of TEN books! I generally have an aversion to series, but I am seriously so sad that this one is over! I would continue reading Georgia's nonsense for another ten books, no questions asked. Five stars overall for the series. I loved that the format is simple the plot is average, yet everything that happens seems so monumental. The characterization overall is awesome. Seriously, who else would have a best friend obsessed with voles and a Sc ...more
scout cook

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? is the final book in the Confessions Of Georgia Nicolson series. It is about a girl named Georgia from England who is always "on the rack of luuurve". She is constantly choosing between boys, and her best guy-friend (Dave the Laugh) always seems to get in the way. This time, she doesn't even have to choose. She has previously chosen Masimo, the Italian lead singer of the band The Stiff Dylans. And nothing can tear them apart this time. Or can it?

I can conne

Linna
Nov 27, 2014 Linna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yep, it was a big mistake bringing this book to school for silent reading. I kept having to stifle my laughs- which is a tad awkward. You have been warned. This is a series where every sentence is full of comedic value, and they’re quite possibly the funniest books I’ve ever read.

Each book just got better and better, which was surprising. Usually, sequel-wise, the author starts running out of plot lines. Instead, Georgia’s diaries just got more funnier. Minor characters were fleshed out, new one
Hannah
I am SO disappointed with the ending of this book! :'(

As a whole the series was great. It was hilarious and even though Georgia is self-centred she is always funny to read about. Normally the books have something in them that makes me go “Wait, Georgia does care about other people and has actually learnt something instead of complaining about how big her nose is.” But the last couple books have been lacking this factor :/ So basically Georgia is just plain annoying.

Ok it is a bit unbelievable th
YA Buddy Readers'...: Georgia Nicholson Series by Louise Rennison 60 32 Mar 28, 2014 11:54PM
  • The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them (Ruby Oliver, #2)
  • Girl, Going on 17: Pants on Fire (Jess Jordan, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • The Ghosts of Ashbury High (Ashbury/Brookfield, #4)
  • Beauty and the Bully
  • The Meaning of Life (Rachel Riley, #3)
  • Cubanita
  • Life at the Shallow End (Electra Brown, #1)
  • Violet by Design (Violet, #2)
  • The Real Real
  • Prom Kings and Drama Queens
Louise Rennison was the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’. Louise sadly died on the Februa ...more
More about Louise Rennison...

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (10 books)
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3)
  • Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)

“He says we should take it easy and that maybe he overreacted a bit."

Dave said, "A bit? That's like Hitler saying, 'Oooh, I just meant to go for a little walk, but then I accidentally invaded Poland.”
162 likes
“If you fall down those stairs and break both of your legs, don't come running to me!” 91 likes