Start by marking “Career Match: Connecting Who You Are With What You'll Love to Do” as Want to Read:
Career Match: Connecting Who You Are With What You'll Love to Do

Career Match: Connecting Who You Are With What You'll Love to Do

Chinese edition of Career match: connecting who you are with what you'll love to do. A great resource for finding the kind of life long career that fits your personality, temperament and your skills. In Traditional Chinese. Distributed by Tsai Fong Books, Inc.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Career Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Career Match

Shannon
Apr 06, 2009 Shannon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fix-me
Pretty amusing, but that's it.

The author created some kind of simplified myers briggs type color-based personality analysis test. Which was pretty awesomely accurate, (I got Blue, the least common one, b/c I'm so special, and I'm pretty sure it's basically just INTP but called "blue").

I thought it was maybe just the Barnum and Forer effect, which are like vague statements that most everyone can just relate to anway.. (here's an awesome link to a Derren Brown thing which illustrates this, btw: h
Skip
Jul 06, 2012 Skip rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is yet another personality test to career choice type of book, similar to Do What You Are : Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type but not as in depth in regards to the personality test portion (the above linked book uses Myers-Briggs, a four axis type, while this book uses a three axis type called "Color Q"). Most of the book (meaning the test results portion) is separated by primary type, beginning with a general section, followed by sections for ...more
the
Nov 02, 2014 the rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Don't Read the Whole Book" makes an amazing tagline in these busy days. I skimmed through the book in an one hour sitting, the reason was one certain blogger's recommendation.
It is usually noted that people with my MBTI profile, "INTj"s -what this book calls Introvert Blue/Golds- are more interested in typing people than other types; maybe because we want people to make sense and the theory evolved by Jung, Myers-Briggs and Keirsey provides the intellectual foundation for it. So naturally, I w
Kathy Hardy
Sep 11, 2016 Kathy Hardy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good guide to learn about my and others style and how they interrelate... and also make informed choices about future career direction and suitable company types.
Danielle
I liked this book as soon as I read one of the first lines 'Don't Read the Whole Book...'

Thank you! I always feel as though I need to read every word on every page, so having a free pass to skip things was glorious. This book is similar to a Myers Briggs, where you take a few short quizzes to determine a primary and secondary color type. After taking the quiz and reading my results, I felt that much of my type described me, but other large parts didn't. The ancillary sections on getting to know
Greg
Feb 24, 2010 Greg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those beginning early or mid-career explorations
Recommended to Greg by: Mary Ann
The short self-test that underlies Career Match is sort of a doorway into the more highly regarded Myers Briggs Type Indicator. Unfortunately, the Color Q, at least as far as this book indicates, has not been psychometrically evaluated for validity or reliability. There is no evidence that the types actually hang together as factors. Of course, that necessary work may have been done and reported elsewhere, but if not, it's a serious flaw. Without it, as a social scientist I can consider the Colo ...more
Lindsey
Oct 17, 2007 Lindsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help

Fast, fast read.

Hubby and I got a real kick out of the simple 10 minute personality test and then reading about ourselves and the other. It's so simple and provides basic information about not only general personality info, but career leadership abilities, work environment, boss info, etc.

Granted, it didn't jump out at me and tell me what I want to do which is "What the hell kind of job do I want to do and enjoy?" BUT, it did help to better understand why exactly I'm unhappy with my current jo
Allison
Jan 27, 2008 Allison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book! This book includes a (really) brief preference-based test which yields a sort of personality profile that is then linked to career matches. I'm usually totally skeptical of these kinds of tests/books, but this one really nailed my personality and gave me some incredible advice about my career path and my future. My whole office has taken the test and everyone agrees that it's really useful for self-awareness and also for learning how to interact with people in the office who have d ...more
Kelly
Sep 28, 2009 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Similar style to MBTI typing, but they use a color-coded system instead. The book is crazy fast to read/use. You take a 10-minute assessment and then for the rest of the book, you flip through to find personality descriptions, tips on your skills, preferences, best work environment for you, career suggestions, interviewing suggestions, etc. Gives some good guidance--nothing earth-shattering, but may spark some ideas to mull over and incorporate into your thinking.

I found it helped me get onto p
Chanell
Sep 28, 2009 Chanell rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
i've read a good amount of personality books and i wouldn't recommend this one to anyone :( testing process was ok. but the book suffered from a lack of in-depth study of your color and by default the other colors. all the descriptions felt superficial and far too quick. the career match section was extremely brief, she listed very general career areas like sales or law for pretty much all of the colors. was extremely glad i did not purchase this book and was able to return it back to the librar ...more
Linda
Jun 15, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have taken Myers Briggs, etc. and for the cost of this book, it is a good assessment for those not wanting to invest the time and/or money in a more extensive analysis. The results for both my daughter and me were very accurate. Also, it gives you some insight into the weaknesses and strengths of other personalities and how to deal with them, which I found interesting. A quick read and an enjoyable one.
Laurie
This is one of those find-your-personality-type books that uses a color coding system ("Color Q") instead of letters. It focuses on personality type for the purpose of identifying the type of career that will satisfy and energize you. It also offers insights into getting along with the other personality types with whom you work! I didn't read the whole book--I just took the quick assessment test and read my type. It described me fairly well, I think, and I am definitely in the right job.
Lisa
Feb 14, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone unsure of what career might match their personality
Shelves: career
I have done the Myers-Briggs test before and this is similar, but not as deep or complex. I found the descriptions of my types to be spot-on. It was intriguing to read the descriptions of each of the personality types and match the people I know to them. The book has helped me start to narrow my options and I'm now ready to research some new career possibilities.
Joanna
Jun 16, 2011 Joanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was an interesting way to understand how your personality works with other people and the workplace. It's a quick read but helpful and interesting. I read it for the personality insight.
Mariam Asal
Nov 18, 2015 Mariam Asal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read my part and the parts related to it, which was very accurate.
Didn't touch the rest of the book, but I guess it would be equally helpful.

It's a good book and it's worth reading.
Julie
May 31, 2011 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, adult
It sounds cheesy, but I actually liked what this book told me about myself and others. It was helpful to think about what an ideal workplace for me would be, what skills I have or lack, etc.
Brandon
In a similar vein to the color code but with a distinct focus on career path rather than personality profile. My personal application was very sucinct especially in regards to weakness and conflict.
Nidia
May 27, 2009 Nidia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: career
This book was totally on point with my personality. It re-assured me of what career path I should pick.
Lucy Ho
Good writing and editing but it not works with me. I found difficult to catch up and understand the main idea of the whole book about.
Bethany
Bethany rated it did not like it
Jun 10, 2008
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Enas
Enas rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2009
Iris
Iris rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Sesh
Sesh rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2008
Deanna
Deanna rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2012
heather skinner
heather skinner rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Sarah (Mood Reader)
Sarah (Mood Reader) rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2010
Minrose
Minrose rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Passion Test: The Effortless Path to Discovering Your Destiny
  • One Year to an Organized Work Life: From Your Desk to Your Deadlines, the Week-by-Week Guide to Eliminating Office Stress for Good
  • The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search
  • The Joy of Not Working:  A Book for the Retired, Unemployed and Overworked
  • Zen and the Art of Making a Living: A Practical Guide to Creative Career Design
  • The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success
  • Transitions: Making Sense of Life's Changes
  • No More Mondays: Fire Yourself -- and Other Revolutionary Ways to Discover Your True Calling at Work
  • Self-Promotion for Introverts: The Quiet Guide to Getting Ahead
  • How to Get Dressed: A Costume Designer's Secrets for Making Your Clothes Look, Fit, and Feel Amazing
  • What Color Is Your Parachute? Workbook
  • Make Your Contacts Count: Networking Know-How for Business and Career Success
  • Data Mining Techniques: For Marketing, Sales, and Customer Relationship Management
  • The 12 Bad Habits That Hold Good People Back: Overcoming the Behavior Patterns That Keep You From Getting Ahead
  • Working Identity: Unconventional Strategies for Reinventing Your Career
  • Organizing Your Day: Time Management Techniques That Will Work for You
  • Executive Coaching with Backbone and Heart: A Systems Approach to Engaging Leaders with Their Challenges
  • I Want What She's Having, Now!: Exactly How You Can Be So Hot & Healthy You'll Barely Recognize Yourself