Start by marking “Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2)” as Want to Read:
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2)

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2)

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  3,031 ratings  ·  98 reviews
Ohhhhh! Yotsuba's back! Today, Yotsuba was drawing Jumbo, okay? That's Daddy's REALLY, REALLY BIG friend. He's real nice and I guess a big baby. But he's too big to draw in Yotsuba's sketchbook! So Yotsuba drew Jumbo on the street in front of our house! Cool, huh? But Ena's friend Miura, who has wheels on her feet, said Yotsuba was bad at drawing...she's wrong, right? RIGH ...more
Published September 15th 2009 by Yen Press (first published April 27th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02

Bill
It is very, very hard to not be completely charmed by this series. If you can read this and not laugh or at least smile, you probably don't like Christmas or puppy dogs, either. Jerk.
Adiba
Great book! its hilarious, and cute. the book which is part of a series, is about a young girl most likely at the age of five or six, is exploring her neighboorhood. ists just short stories about random topic, and it doesnt have a seriously problem. the book's purpose is to make the reader laugh, and all i can say is mission accomplished!
Yu Qian
Yotsuba is young sweet 5 to 6 years old. She is always curious and happy. There is always a smile on her face. Without her mom she never feel alone. Her dad is always there along with his friend...Jumbo. When Yotsuba moved to a new neighbor she made a lot of friend and they made Yotsuba's day fun everyday.
Yotsuba is drawing those day... even though she draws bad her friend was there to make her feel better. Even she don't draw well her friend tell a lie that she draw wonder...it's not her faul
Elaine Lin
Yotsuba is a very cute and adorable girl that still is learning many new things in the world. She finds many new things around her block and has fun with her neighbors and her dad. Although she is an orphan, she has a guardian that loves her and now he's her dad. This is my favorite series because she's so adorable. My favorite part of this book is when Yotsuba pretends to be an assassin and took her water gun and threatened people to shot them. But her neighbor took it from her and shot her bac ...more
Shelli
While I don't enjoy these books nearly as much as my daughter, who CONTINUALLY quotes them and can't wait for the next one, I still really enjoy them. Yotsuba is a highly energetic child (or possibly alien??) that does or says what ever she feels like doing or saying at that moment. Her no filter way of life probably wouldn't seem as cute if she were my neighbor or child, but giggles always occur when reading about this rambunctious young girl.
Mazohyst
This series put a smile on my face. How could you NOT smile at Yotsuba's hilarious antics? Her everyday adventures are just a delight to read. This is one of the very few manga that I would recommend for all ages, and assuming that everyone has heart or enjoys clean good fun once in a while, this manga is appropriate for anyone.
Chivitouille
Éste manga es sumamente divertido y es muy genial.
Si, posiblemente a simple vista la trama resulte algo sencilla pero es ahí donde reside su mejor característica, historias sencillas, cotidianas pero muy divertidas.
El dibujo me encanta mucho, complementa de manera perfecta a la historia a mi parecer. No se necesitan dibujos con trazos complicados porque la historia no lo necesita, son dibujos limpios, sencillos, curiosos, bonitos, ideales para la historia.
Sin duda he pasado un momento divertido
Joan
Entertaining and amusing manga about a young girl and her exuberant life. The section where she acts like a gangster was funny.
Jasmine
cutie pie alsie would LURVE this!!
MissAnnThrope
09 May 2013

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 is another gut-busting installment to this ridiculously adorable series. I am head-over-heels for the sweet, rambunctious Yotsuba. So, so much in love with her that I am seriously considering getting myself inked with her funny face.
(view spoiler)
David Christian
Yotsuba is one of my favorite manga characters, and what’s not to love? The curiosity of a 5-year-old is contagious and Azuma gives readers a new lens to see life — ordinary things suddenly become awe-inspiring adventures.

Azuma is best known for his previous manga, Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1, and many of the characters in Yotsuba&! seem like crude copies of his previous work. But hey — if it’s not broken, then why fix it? Some new faces appear, such as Janbo, the 6 foot tall karate master florist
Wing Ho
This collection is even better than #1. Non Stop giggling! The art is amazing and descriptive and full of life, love it!

Highlights: Meeting Miura, Yotsuba & Revenge, Don Mai, Crow Balloon. HEHE!!!

The last chapter of this collection is also changes tone to talk about the more dramatic side of the series. It's a good little snippet that fleshes out the characters and makes them more relatable.

Onward to Collection 3!
brightredglow
This is a challenging volume for me because Yotsuba does some things that as a parent, it would've irritated me. I wouldn't have had Koiwai or Ena's mom's patience at all. And Asagi? Ugh. My least liked character proves why she is my least liked character. =.=

Still, a meh Yotsuba is still better than most everything else.
Sarah Sammis
Yotsuba&! Volume 2 is by Kiyohiko Azuma continues the episodic adventures of Yotsuba, her father and neighbors.

Yotsuba and her friends go to the lake to draw the wildlife. She has grand plans for drawing but she's little. So her drawing of a duck is pretty much a big scribble scrabble. She has to learn that art takes practice and her older friends are better artists than she is.

There's also a chapter called Revenge that spoofs the fear that violent TV makes children violent. Yotsuba instantl
Jerome
Another humorous and free-ranging Yotsuba tale involving her adventures with water pistols and magic markers, as well as Jumbo’s humorously ill-fated infatuation with Asagi (and his using Yotsuba as “bait”). Yotsuba also comes across as more of an irritant to others.

Fun and delightful.
Miraikosu (Anya)
Apr 20, 2015 Miraikosu (Anya) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of slice of life/comedy/azumanga daioh
I just love this whole series. Yotsuba is a sweet, funny little girl, and her friends are really cool. Each story really has no connection to the one after it, but they're all good, and nice to read anyway on your couch.
Ashley D--
This is my favourite volume of Yotsuba&! I especially love the "No bother" chapter (in the Yen Press translations, it is changed to “no sweat”, which I think makes it lose some of its charm, so try the ADV Manga edition if you can find a copy). It's just heartwarmingly funny, and if that sounds too sappy for you you should probably get over it and give it a try anyway! This series was recommended to me by a 30-year-old straight white man, and I have yet to find a demographic that doesn't enj ...more
Olesya
Yotsuba is at it again with her hilarious antics! These little stories about Yotsuba's everyday life and adventures make you genuinely laugh-out-loud every time. Too adorable and funny!
Kathleen
Oh no! How could someone criticize Yotsuba's art? That's okay, she can't stay gloomy for long. Jumbo using her to scam dates is an unfortunate trope, but I love her Dad to pieces.
Reem
In this volume, Yotsuba is introduced to new things she had no clue about. It's pretty cute seeing her being fascinated by these small things in this big and great life.
This manga continues being simple and awesome as it started. Each chapter will definitely make you -if not laughing- at least smiling from the heart.
Brendan
More adorableness from Yotsuba and a hint at her past that makes me want to keep reading more. Plus, I am glad that what happens in one episode gets referenced in the next.
Harun Harahap
Ahahaha..makin lucu aja si Yotsuba. Paling suka cerita pas dia main pistol-pistolan. Jumbooooo...kamu manusia atau raksasa? Nyahahahahaha....
Swety Retna
Yotsuba!
Hal yang aku sukai dari komik ini adalah cara Jepang mengajari anak-anak mereka. Meskipun Jepang itu negara yang maju dalam teknologi, tapi mereka membiarkan anak-anak mereka bermain dengan permainan sederhana. Mereka tak mengenal gadget dari kanak-kanak. Mainan Yotsuba adalah balok-balok kayu, boneka, menonton CD hewan-hewan dan membaca buku ensiklopedi. Ada kalanya bermain badminton, dan kebanyakan mereka melakukan outing :) memancing, mengunjungi kebun binatang, mengunjungi peternakan
Johara Almogbel
Yotsuba's dad and Jumbo are so NICE, seeing this from a babysitter's point of view. Yotsuba herself is adorable as usual.
Amy Peavy
The cuteness continues. I cannot stop laughing. I hope more volumes come in at the library soon. I need to read more.
Theresa
so ferociously cute. Also like that it is easy to read because words are hard. :C
Sara
Another brilliant story of Yotsuba and her antics. These are really cute!
Megan
Seriously, these are so cute.
Gretchen Oates
3 1/2-4 stars. Yotsuba's antics always crack me up.
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 4
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture 3 (Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, #3)
  • Mushishi, Volume 3
  • Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...

Yotsuba&! (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 06 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 09 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • ¡Yotsuba! Vol. 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1) Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 (Azumanga Daioh, #1) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)