Start by marking “Final Crisis Aftermath: Ink” as Want to Read:
Final Crisis Aftermath: Ink

Final Crisis Aftermath: Ink (Final Crisis)

2.87 of 5 stars 2.87  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In the wake of FINAL CRISIS, the Tattooed Man, who has the ability to animate any tattoo on his body into a horrifying weapon, is considered a hero for the first time in his life. At first, the rewards from his new lifestyle are a welcome change from the rest of what his existence has been, but soon the pressure to stay above temptation and evil start to wear him down. Mat ...more
Published March 9th 2010 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Final Crisis Aftermath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Crisis Aftermath

This is one of the better Final Crisis Aftermats out there. Mark Richards is the Tattooed Man and prior to Darkseid's attack, he was a villan, but an act of selflessness by Black Lightening saved him and his family from the Justifiers. This brought Mark to the side of truth and justice. He even earned membership in the Justice League.

But things are starting to unravel. Thugs are dying in mysterious ways that lead back to him. His son is getting caught up in gangs. The Liberty Hill cops are comp
Ink was one of the more interesting minor characters featured in Final Crisis (in my mind) so I was interested to see what happened with his redemption and coming over from the 'bad side'. The potential is there with this guy, but again there's just some seriously ridiculous shit going on here. Supposed to be gritty and urban, it gets just stupid in places. However, they did a good job setting him up as a sort of anti-hero who's no Superman, but he's no Lex Luthor either. Somewhere in a shade of ...more
One of the best things to come out of the Final Crisis Aftermath lines. The Tattooed Man is an interesting and very, very realistic character to read about. His story is sort of a ground-level version of Batman: Year One, with the dirty cops and gang warfare. I did actually like the art. It was very distinctive, compared to the rest of the Final Crisis books.
Now I don't usually read about superheroes, but I was tricked into this by the title: Ink. Imagine my surprise to find out it was the Justice League. Anyway, intriguing story, very interesting art. My only complaint is that it was written in dialect which is difficult for me to read. Just a personal preference, although it was integral to the story.
Final Crisis Aftermath: Ink collects 6 issue miniseries that takes place after Final Crisis event and has the Tattooed Man in the center of it.
The story is interesting and the pace is good, but the big reveal is underwhelming, and there are a few naive and cliché moments that could have been done better.
This collection doesn't feature classic comic book art, and it looks rather good, partly thanks to great coloring.
Overall, this is just another aftermath collection.
The Tattooed Man is trying to save his neighbourhood and juggle his family obligations at the same time. The neighbourhood is overrun with gangs and not everybody believes he is now a hero. A good character piece that makes you think about reputations. I liked the tattoo's coming alive and having their own personality. A good read.
While this took me forever to get through, I think this is one of the better things to come out of Final Crisis. The Tattooed man is one of the most interesting characters I've seen in the DC universe. Hopefully, they just didn't let him languish.
Frank Byrns
Not bad - interesting angle on the usual superhero story. Art was a bit distracting at times, hard to tell what was going on.

I'd like to see more of The Tattooed Man, however.
John Yelverton
This book was a complete and utter disappointment that it was actually painful to read.
Joe marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Paulius marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Brandon marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Christopher marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Edward Petersen
Edward Petersen marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Tracy Le
Tracy Le marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Dion Lay
Dion Lay marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
M Elsehry
M Elsehry marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Molly  O'Suileabhain
Molly O'Suileabhain marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Final Crisis (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Countdown to Final Crisis, Vol. 1
  • Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge
  • Final Crisis: Revelations
  • Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
  • Final Crisis Aftermath: Dance
Mister Terrific, Vol. 1: Mind Games Titans, Vol. 4: Villains for Hire Titans: Family Reunion The Wicked and the Dead (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #7) Titans: Broken Promises