Start by marking “Found (Firstborn, #3)” as Want to Read:
Found (Firstborn, #3)

Found (Firstborn #3)

4.42  ·  Rating Details ·  8,160 Ratings  ·  158 Reviews
A Desperate Search
Driven by his wife’s dying wish to find their firstborn son, John Baxter sets about the search. His prayer? That Elizabeth’s wish would be fulfilled before the upcoming Baxter family reunion. One strange turn follows another, but when the answers finally come, they shake John to his core. Will he agree to walk away and keep the secret of a lifetime, or wi
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Found

Vasilka
Dec 07, 2008 Vasilka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars, I loved it. And I cried sooo much during this book. I also stayed up till after 12 every night this week because I was THAT addicted to this book! I love Karen Kingsbury's books!
Jodi
Feb 28, 2013 Jodi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a instense book. Normally I can read throughout the day while my family is watching tv, but this time I had to focus to really understand all that was happening. Dayne is finally coming to terms with his past and discovering how to fill the emptiness in his life. He has done well in the entertainment business but never really felt happy. Ever since he met Katy Hart he has been looking for a simplier life one that is more normal. He has been thinking about the Baxter family alot and wond ...more
Reagan Soper
Nov 30, 2016 Reagan Soper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honeypie
Jun 21, 2015 Honeypie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This may be a fictional story, but nothing is fictional about the power of the Holy Spirit. I love, love the street ministry scene. Surreal, but I believe it happens.

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them... When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment. Each one heard their own language being spoken!
Acts 2:4,6
Laura Cannon
Aug 20, 2015 Laura Cannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! Hard topics, adoption and abortion, pain of making wrong choices. God can take a mess and make it a message! Her. 29:11
Lynn
Feb 21, 2011 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so engrossed in the lives of the Baxter family, their friends & Dayne that I can not wait to begin the next book in this series!! Highly addicting!!
Traci
Mar 10, 2009 Traci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many ways to be found. Another in this series that I cannot put down and have a hard time waiting for our library to send the next one of! Fast, clean and emotional read.
Kristy
I LOVED THE ENDING.
Penny Dawson
Jan 17, 2017 Penny Dawson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read!

Another good book. I just love the series about a family and the love they have for each other and God.
Rita Caldwell
Oct 24, 2016 Rita Caldwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Made me cry!
She
Mar 02, 2017 She rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was not able to put this book down. It is a delightful novel to follow Forgiven. This might yet be my favorite novel of the series. Losing myself in the well-spun storyline was great. Just following through D. Matthews' life felt like a whirlwind and this gave several closure on previous events and series.

I suppose the only thing I could warn others is that there is such a deep emotional aspect in these novels that tap something deep within us. Perhaps that would scare several people. A litera
Rebecca Ray
Driven is a way to describe John Baxter. He sets off with gusto on his wife's last request to find their lost son in this book, hiring a private investigator, and attempting, in multiple ways to find the son that he had to give up 36 years before.

Searching is the word to describe Dayne Matthews. Even though he doesn't really realize it, he is searching for belonging, for meaning and for God in his life. He draws comfort from his good friend and potential love-interest Katy Hart after suffering a
Apr 07, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This story was skillfully written, I was caught from the beginning. John Baxter driven by his wife’s dying wish made an attempt to find their firstborn son one they had to give away as a young couple. Although the couple went on to have other children they never forgot their first born. He knew there would be lots of questions from his children since there was never a mention of another child.
He was trying to find this son before their upcoming family reunion with one of the daughter knows the s
Tamara Tilley
FOUND, the third book in the Firstborn series by Karen Kingsbury was amazing!

Dayne Matthews’ world continues to get more and more complicated. Just when he thinks he will be able to set the record straight and start a relationship with Katy Hart, he receives information he can’t ignore. With his back against the wall, he does what he knows is right, even if it means the end of his chances with Katy.

John Baxter is doing everything he can to find his son, the one that he and his deceased wife had
Mauselochsarah
Jul 22, 2015 Mauselochsarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dieses Buch hat mich fazienierd wie schnell ein Mensch sein Lebn änder kann ist doch mal wieder worüber man mal nachdenken sollte. Ich denke das es ein sehr gelungenes Buch war und passt perfekt in die Serie mit rein. War sehr dankbar das Er sich verändert hat für sie aber dann auch festellen musste das Er sich nicht für sie verändern sollte sonder für Gott. Leben ist genau so: Aufeinmal kommt was auf dich zu womit du schon immer Probleme hattest und dann plätzllich musst du damit rechnen das de ...more
Randy Tramp
Jul 30, 2014 Randy Tramp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rolling hills is what comes to mind thinking of this book. I ascend a hill, get to the top and read faster to get to the next scene. I lost a lot of sleep over this read. I cried a lot of tears over this story. I felt the excitement, thrill and heartbreak.

Anyone would want the Baxter family to be their next door neighbors. They were a loving family with everyday challenges. There was a void in their hearts left by an adoption many years previous. Would he be found? The storms in the book were in
Becca
I think after reading 8 books by the same author and about the same characters the flaws begin to stick out above the good parts. Kingsbury has several phrases that she uses frequently: close the distance between them, look into the (deep, untouched, secret) places of his/her heart, found his/her eyes and held them...among others. They start to detract because where they once were clever or insightful they become trite and over-used. She drags out major plot points as if that's what needed to ge ...more
Susan
Feb 27, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another section in the adventure that is Dayne Matthews life. It is a bit slow for me, you just get going with one character and it jumps to another character where you start another story and have to wait for several chapters to finish where you left off. I did a lot of skimming in places to get to the good stuff. It does end in a happy place at least. I was glad to finally have the reunion between John Baxter and Dayne Matthews.

I feel that the characters do not receive enough personal
Aug 23, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-books
Laura Beasley
The third book in the series and another wonderful book. Dyane is struggling to find the Lord. John is trying to find his first born son and when he does Dayne's agent tells him he does not want to meet him or the family. Ashley keeps questioning her father and will not give up on finding her brother. A tornado strikes their town and Ashley goes in to labor during the storm and came close to dying. Her son is born. The family reunion turned out a little different than planned. Dayne learns John ...more
Dawn
Aug 11, 2010 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like how the series continues to build on characters that you already know from previous books. It makes it a lot of fun to read. The ending of this one was really good. But, I can tell my views on Christianity are quite a bit different than the author's. Like the scene in Mexico was really bizarre to me because the missionary says something like, "If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, come on down!" That seems way to showy, or like some sort of game show. B ...more
Hannah
Jun 21, 2015 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel that Karen is back on form with this book! It is, by far, the best book in this firstborn series! I really appreciated the way she dealt with some of the issues, especially discussing abortion from a male perspective, which I think can often be forgotten about. I appreciate that the romantic story took a bit of a back seat in this book whilst Dayne's character was coming to grips with his faith.
It also reminded me of the importance of sharing my faith with those around me. Any book that c
Tammy
Jun 08, 2011 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It doesn't matter how much money you have or whether your the owner or the one who cleans the floor. When your life here on earth is done, all that will matter is whether you heard the knock of Christ on Your Heart. And whether you took this chance to open the door and Ask God In. He Is the God Of Miracles!!
I'am so glad that God put Karen Kingsbury's books in my life. They leave such a good message in my heart.
Havebooks Willread
I think this series would have been much better if she had made it one book. I remember feeling this way about Beverly Lewis and her Shunning series (which is why I never read any more of her books). If this was my first Kingsbury series, I wouldn't read her anymore, but I am so curious about the Baxter family and want to see what happens, so I keep reading (but I have to admit I occasionally skip a couple pages here and there of meaningless dialogue).
D.D. Symms
Technically, the story is written well. The characters are developed fairly well. The language skims the surface -- probably my biggest criticism of Debbie Macomber, too. The characters are nice and clean like Dayne the hero is a Hollywood star and one wife's husband is a handsome fireman so a bit o' stereotyping but , hey we all do it, too.

I felt like there was a lot of repetition and telling us, "hey, look, he's a Hollywood star" throughout. Did well dealing with issues of faith.
Wmd9800
Jan 28, 2013 Wmd9800 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My motivation to read these books was because of the youth theatre stuff. That is a small part, but what there is, is true to life. At least in comparison with the theater I'm involved in.

I enjoy these books and find there are lots of good things to take away and ponder. And I'm a little jealous of all of their talents, success, etc. But I guess there is plenty other depressing stuff out there to read. :)
Beth Kaminske
Karen Kingsbury is good at getting into the emotional side of people. And some of her stories are interesting, but most of her series go on to long. She also has Christian characters who are too good. Not all of them, but enough. I like most of her book that I have read, But I am generally reading to be finished with a series before she is. I f you like very emotional books with strong Christian characters, you will enjoy her books!
Nicole
Nov 03, 2008 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
I got this book while I was at work (I'm a librarian) and started reading straight away, that's how much I was looking forward to it.
I loved it like I love all Karen's books in the Baxter saga, and definitely had some emotional moments as the story progressed. Especially towards the end of the book !!!!!!!!!
Jerry
Mar 02, 2012 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karen Kingsbury has done it once again! As the drama of the Baxter family continues to unfold, the story is wonderfully involving, and the writing is great, especially the way Mrs. Kingsbury gets into her characters' heads. If you've enjoyed the previous Baxter tales, there's little chance you won't like this one, too.
Kim Chadwick
The storyline of this series is incredible. This was such a good book! Sometimes the flow of the dialog gets a little bogged down, but the story itself makes up for that easily. Karen Kingsbury is a gifted storyteller, and I'm excited to see what's in store next for Dayne Matthews, Katy Hart, and the Baxters.
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)
  • The Pursuit (The English Garden, #4)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught
  • The Englisher (Annie's People, #2)
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. In addition, it was recently announced that Roma Downey and MGM Studi ...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...

Firstborn (5 books)
  • Fame (Firstborn, #1)
  • Forgiven (Firstborn, #2)
  • Family (Firstborn, #4)
  • Forever (Firstborn, #5)

“from what I found out.” 0 likes