Start by marking “Unspoken” as Want to Read:
Unspoken

Unspoken

An impulsive werecat sparks a twisted game of cat and mouse he may not survive.

Huntsmen kill Werefolk--it's what they're trained to do. Kae, a young and impetuous werecat, knows this, but it doesn't stop him from following one surly Huntsman into the bathroom of a nightclub. One spontaneous, not completely unwanted sexual encounter later, he's running for his life, pursued
Nook, 1st Edition, 47 pages
Published June 19th 2009 by ShadowFire Press

To ask other readers questions about Unspoken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unspoken

Eve
Dec 06, 2011 Eve rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-or-noncon
This little rape-fest of a story will push your buttons if you like non-con with a happy ending. Kae is a were-housecat, and he's been eyeing an older man at a bar, but the older man turns out to be a retired Hunter (read, killer of weres) who rejects Kae pretty harshly. Kae is provoked into following the guy into the bathroom, where a little scuffle ensues...queue the start of the non-con...Kae escapes, the hunter chases, there is a game of cat and mouse, more non-con(view spoiler) ...more
Ami
Apr 15, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
First of all, I can't classify this as romance. It starts pretty, uhm, violent, I think -- in a way. There is one scene that borders to rape. But this is the world of Were and their Huntsmen, so I guess that is, well, common. But second part of the story is pretty tender. It's very good for me, though again, not really a romance.
Elisa Rolle
Since it’s not the first time I greatly appreciated a story by Katica Locke, I shouldn’t be surprised by how much I enjoyed this last one; it’s only a novella, and I started reading it in a break, almost with the idea to give it a “try” taste and maybe continue later, and instead I was captivated until the last word. And trust me, you need to read that last word to fully appreciate this story.

Kae is a werecat, a little tabby domestic cat; out of boring, he cruises Tyress, a middle-age man who is
Karin Wollina
Nov 15, 2009 Karin Wollina rated it it was amazing
that is a beautiful and surprising love story about a werecat and a Huntsman, it`s about prejudice an seeing behind things you think to know for certain. It is short but I really enjoyed it very much. ...more
Ellie
Aug 15, 2010 Ellie rated it liked it
A little other worldliness, a little paranormal, a little rape - that's this story in a nutshell.

It was different. I didn't not like it. But I am not really sure I'd read another like this.
Tereza
I’m really not sure how to rate this.

(view spoiler)
Sue
Mar 08, 2013 Sue rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Katica's writing, so I was unsurprised to find how much I enjoyed this book.
The characters are fantastic (it is fantasy), but at the same time grittily realistic. The suspense of their joinings - one is a Hunter and could kill the shifter at any time if he was to follow his calling; the other a shifter who could turn the Hunter into what he hates most. It's knife-edge stuff, each of their encounters.
And yet, the interactions are hot, funny and compelling, and you just hope they
Jimmy Hanson
Nov 18, 2010 Jimmy Hanson rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2010, m-m
Honestly, the by-play between Kae and the Huntsman creeped me out more than intrigued me. Not only was the age difference pretty much thrown up at every opportunity, there's a great deal of miscommunication and nearly all of their 'coming together' times seems to be based on force and bordering on non-con.

I just came away a little disturbed and not greatly impressed.
Cori
Sep 05, 2010 Cori rated it did not like it
Ayanna
Jan 10, 2014 Ayanna rated it really liked it
I agree. This is kind of a rapefest. It's also very short, and they didn't have kitty cuddling. Still, it was an interesting story with moral implications - beyond non/dub-con.
Avril
Apr 03, 2013 Avril rated it really liked it
GAWD. Wish there was more...
Maya
Saren
Saren rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2011
Thedion
Thedion rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Lori S.
Lori S. rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Fae
Fae rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2011
Ravyn
Ravyn rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2010
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2012
Absynthe
Absynthe rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2010
Leighann
Leighann rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Duo
Duo rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2010
Velithil Sun
Velithil Sun rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2011
Anurasika
Anurasika rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2011
Anastacia
Anastacia rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2016
Radohova
Radohova rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2013
Janine
Janine rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2010
Charlie
Charlie rated it really liked it
May 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
I learned at a young age that books were precious and that the written word was a powerful means of communication. Since I have social anxiety and find it hard to speak to people, writing has become my voice. I’m able to say what I really think and feel without the irrational worry that comes with speaking.

I grew up and still live in Oregon, in the beautiful Willamette Valley. I’m within walking d
More about Katica Locke...