Start by marking “Unspoken” as Want to Read:
Unspoken

Unspoken

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  13 reviews
An impulsive werecat sparks a twisted game of cat and mouse he may not survive.

Huntsmen kill Werefolk--it's what they're trained to do. Kae, a young and impetuous werecat, knows this, but it doesn't stop him from following one surly Huntsman into the bathroom of a nightclub. One spontaneous, not completely unwanted sexual encounter later, he's running for his life, pursued
Nook, 1st Edition, 47 pages
Published June 19th 2009 by ShadowFire Press

To ask other readers questions about Unspoken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unspoken

Eve
This little rape-fest of a story will push your buttons if you like non-con with a happy ending. Kae is a were-housecat, and he's been eyeing an older man at a bar, but the older man turns out to be a retired Hunter (read, killer of weres) who rejects Kae pretty harshly. Kae is provoked into following the guy into the bathroom, where a little scuffle ensues...queue the start of the non-con...Kae escapes, the hunter chases, there is a game of cat and mouse, more non-con(view spoiler) ...more
Ami
First of all, I can't classify this as romance. It starts pretty, uhm, violent, I think -- in a way. There is one scene that borders to rape. But this is the world of Were and their Huntsmen, so I guess that is, well, common. But second part of the story is pretty tender. It's very good for me, though again, not really a romance.
Elisa Rolle
Since it’s not the first time I greatly appreciated a story by Katica Locke, I shouldn’t be surprised by how much I enjoyed this last one; it’s only a novella, and I started reading it in a break, almost with the idea to give it a “try” taste and maybe continue later, and instead I was captivated until the last word. And trust me, you need to read that last word to fully appreciate this story.

Kae is a werecat, a little tabby domestic cat; out of boring, he cruises Tyress, a middle-age man who is
Karin Wollina
that is a beautiful and surprising love story about a werecat and a Huntsman, it`s about prejudice an seeing behind things you think to know for certain. It is short but I really enjoyed it very much.
Tam
A little other worldliness, a little paranormal, a little rape - that's this story in a nutshell.

It was different. I didn't not like it. But I am not really sure I'd read another like this.
Tereza
I’m really not sure how to rate this.

(view spoiler)
Sue
I am a big fan of Katica's writing, so I was unsurprised to find how much I enjoyed this book.
The characters are fantastic (it is fantasy), but at the same time grittily realistic. The suspense of their joinings - one is a Hunter and could kill the shifter at any time if he was to follow his calling; the other a shifter who could turn the Hunter into what he hates most. It's knife-edge stuff, each of their encounters.
And yet, the interactions are hot, funny and compelling, and you just hope they
Ayanna
I agree. This is kind of a rapefest. It's also very short, and they didn't have kitty cuddling. Still, it was an interesting story with moral implications - beyond non/dub-con.
Jimmy Hanson
Honestly, the by-play between Kae and the Huntsman creeped me out more than intrigued me. Not only was the age difference pretty much thrown up at every opportunity, there's a great deal of miscommunication and nearly all of their 'coming together' times seems to be based on force and bordering on non-con.

I just came away a little disturbed and not greatly impressed.
Cori
Avril
GAWD. Wish there was more...
Maya
Just kind of creepy.
Tizian Pessel
Tizian Pessel marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Nbsiren
Nbsiren marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Teela
Teela marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
ala
ala marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I learned at a young age that books were precious and that the written word was a powerful means of communication. Since I have social anxiety and find it hard to speak to people, writing has become my voice. I’m able to say what I really think and feel without the irrational worry that comes with speaking.

I grew up and still live in Oregon, in the beautiful Willamette Valley. I’m within walking d
More about Katica Locke...
Broken Wings Magebound Slave to the Crown Breach The Vampire Next Door (Suburban Fantasy, #1)