Start by marking “The Prom Queen (Fear Street, #15)” as Want to Read:
The Prom Queen (Fear Street, #15)

The Prom Queen (Fear Street #15)

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,774 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
A spring night...soft moonlight...five beautiful Prom Queen candidates...dancing couples at the Shadyside High prom—these should be the ingredients for romance.

But stir in one brutal murder—then another, and another—and the recipe quickly turns to horror.

Lizzie McVay realizes that someone is murdering the five Prom Queen candidates one by one—and that she may be next on th
Published March 1st 1992 by Simon Pulse (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Prom Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prom Queen

Tanja
>>Diese Rezension und viele mehr findet ihr auch hier: http://wort-welten.blogspot.de/

Zusammenfassung:

Für Lizzy erfüllt sich ein Traum, als neben ihr selbst auch noch ihre Freundinnen Simone, Elana, Dawn und Rachel für die Wahl zur Ballkönigin nominiert werden. Schließlich gewinnt so auf jeden Fall jemand, dem Lizzy die Krone auch gönnt. Oder es sollte zumindest so sein. Denn als Simone spurlos aus ihrem eigenen Zimmer im Haus ihrer Eltern verschwindet und recht bald festzustehen scheint,
Donna
Nov 23, 2014 Donna rated it really liked it
Despite the fact that none of the characters are all that likable, THE PROM QUEEN is still en epic foray into old school cheese. I seriously just can't get enough of these books.

For the bad, the characters really aren't redeeming. They all go on dates with one of their friends' boyfriends behind her back and they do it shamelessly. They're all self-centered, one's exceptionally bitter and it's not like these girls have revelations at the end of the book that fix these issues. That's just how the
Dharia Scarab
Jun 06, 2015 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
♥ Honey♥
Oct 27, 2009 ♥ Honey♥ rated it it was amazing
My review of this book was awesome. I read this book last year and it was awesome and I really enjoy it!! I was gald that I had read this book. It was interesting and it was the kind of book that I was interested in!!! I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to be suspsened all the time reading!!!! Please enjoy!!!!
Jana
Jul 20, 2008 Jana rated it really liked it
I read many series when I was a kid from The Saddle Club to Sweet Valley Middle/High but one of my favorites was the Fear Street Series so for fun I thought I would add a few of these books on here. I would recommend them as great and age appropriate thriller/horror books for young adults.
Taneeta
Jun 28, 2015 Taneeta rated it liked it
I will always love R.L. Stine's Fear Street series, even if the characters are awful and the twists ridiculous. The Prom Queen was less predictable than the others, and the only redeeming character was the main one, when she wasn't berating another character for his "weirdness."

Though the plot was somewhat familiar, I enjoyed seeing it at the high-school level (where the ridiculous twists come in!) One of the characters made a comment about mourning the dead despite not being particularly fon
MaddyL
Sep 26, 2015 MaddyL rated it really liked it
This is probably the best Fear Street book I have ever read. The characters were very entertaining and the protagonist is very repeatable. The ending was very shocking knowing I guessed that the murderer was anyone but who the murderer ended up being. The only thing I did not like about the book was the fact that it was not that scary. When I picked up this book I was expecting to get freaked out but I didn't. I recommend it to anyone who wants to read a book about murder mystery that is not all ...more
Kristine
Posted originally on my blog:
The Writer's Inkwell
I'll admit, I thought I had read this book before. It's possible I did, but since it's been nearly two decades since I read the series, it's also possible I just remember the cover. Either way, I found myself enjoying and yet, a little annoyed with this book. I once again find myself wondering why every female character is afraid of storms and being home alone. As a teenager, I loved the prospect of having the house to myself and storms were just
Mimi
May 28, 2013 Mimi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoyed this review check out my others on my Blog :

Book name - The Prom Queen

Series - Fear Street

Author - R.L Stine

Page count - 168 pages

Time spent reading - 13th - 14th

Review :

The prettier pristine edition (with the girl wearing a dress) was bought in August for 10p in my favourite charity shop in the world and the ugly battered edition I bought -so I could keep the alternative edition in flawless condition- for 10p in October.

I should not have wa
Cai
May 14, 2013 Cai rated it it was ok
This is one of 5 old books given to me. I read it first because the others (based from the title and illustrations) were high school drama.

Anyway, I felt like I've read this before but I wasn't sure.

Starting with things I liked first: (1) the prom queens liked each other (mostly), (2) girls dating their friend's boyfriend (I didn't like it but it was believable), (3) the protagonist genuinely cared for her friends.

Now, there were a lot of things I didn't like: (1) the climax felt rushed, (2) the
Shannon
Nov 08, 2011 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: creepy, 2011, books-i-own
Another good Fear Street book! After finishing it, though, I have a feeling I might have read this one as a kid. This book was really suspenseful. I honestly had no idea who the killer was until the end. R.L. Stine did a good job of making everyone seem suspicious. As I read I was constantly thinking 'ohmigod, that person's the killer!'. It seemed like everyone could have a motive and did creepy things. The ending seemed a bit far-fetched, but not enough that it bothered me.

I didn't really like
C-shaw
Oct 18, 2015 C-shaw rated it it was ok
A library book. With the current "Goosebumps" movie out, I wanted to see what author R.L. Stine was all about. This isn't a "Goosebumps" series novel, but one of his "Fear Street" series, seemingly written for young teens. It was typical of that genre, entertaining enough to finish, but pure fluff, vaguely scary to a young person, appropriate for the Halloween season.
Weathervane
Jan 07, 2015 Weathervane rated it liked it
Shelves: fear-street
A bunch of appropriately-sassy girls get spooked. Why can I never guess the killer? I'm such a mystery shlub; I can restrain myself from chasing the first red herring but the second or third always makes me snap my jaws and salivate.

Nothing astonishing, but definitely enjoyable -- the Stine man brings it again.
Nomi
Feb 16, 2014 Nomi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews-i-wrote
My sister just called asking if I remember us reading this book as kids!
After an hour we finally found it.
I slept with the lights on for a year whilst reading this.
I am about to reread it again tonight and will update my review on whether the book has held up all these years.
So excited I found it!
Autumn G
Jan 15, 2015 Autumn G rated it it was amazing
I think this book is really good. There were five prom queen canadiates and one is to be chosen. The principle said "and the winner is..." Then all of a sudden the prom turned into a disaster. Screams everywhere, and frightened people everywhere as well. If you want to find out what happened, I suggest you go read this book. It's very well written and detailed and a really good book.
Hillary
Aug 07, 2015 Hillary rated it liked it
Emmaline Westlund
Aug 15, 2014 Emmaline Westlund rated it really liked it
I read this one once when I was like... eight or nine, so re-reading it now I had actually forgotten who the killer was. So that was a pleasant surprise. It's got a few odd phrases but overall it's an ok book. Nostalgic.
Lori
Feb 07, 2014 Lori rated it it was amazing
i liked this book just from reading the back this book is one of my favorites.
Drucilla
Jan 09, 2012 Drucilla rated it really liked it
Shelves: fear-street
This Fear Street book is one of the better ones. The main character is likeable, the plot keeps you guessing, and the killer's identity surprises you (in a good way). The guys in the book were jerks, but it's the same in every Fear Street book. I do have to admit that one thing left me wanting to know more: (view spoiler) ...more
Lazar Lazarov
Apr 30, 2015 Lazar Lazarov rated it really liked it
Shelves: mistery, r-l-stine
Really good ! The killer was totally unexpected as always !
Iman Rawas
This was my favorite book from the fear street collection
Julie_ian_curtis
i actually had forgotten who the killer was
Katie K
Jan 24, 2016 Katie K rated it really liked it
A great mystery/horror series geared at kids. Not too scary but enough to give you Goosebumps!
cooco mocco
Mar 21, 2014 cooco mocco rated it really liked it
I loved it.. 7 years back
Tuyet Bui
Mar 02, 2014 Tuyet Bui rated it it was amazing
Jealousy, betrayal, and back-stabbing are the words that describe the characters in this book. Who wouldn't love to be prom queen? Where are the consequences to be one? Who knows.
haylee saunders
Jul 11, 2015 haylee saunders rated it it was amazing
i <3
Peyton Dorning
Aug 28, 2014 Peyton Dorning rated it it was amazing
So far so good
Alex
Sep 26, 2013 Alex rated it really liked it
This was one of my favorites as a kid, and re-reading it now was still enjoyable. I have to give it 4 stars for that alone.

I remembered this book vividly but it didn't make this any less fun to read. This is a classic Fear Street book - people are dying and the killer is the last person you'd suspect. It's such a simple plot, yet he recycled it over and over and over again throughout the series. Somehow I never noticed (or cared) as a kid.
Krystal
Jun 02, 2013 Krystal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fear-street
This was the first Fear Street book I read as a kid and is still one of my favourites. It actually contains real danger and fear for the characters not just a bunch of red herrings, imagined scenarios and paranormal activity that happen in too many of the Fear Street books.

I love this book and enjoy re-reading it when I need some mindless entertainment and a quick read. :)
Erika
Apr 29, 2008 Erika rated it liked it
I remember reading this yeeeeears ago (I think I was 8...maybe 7). But, at the time, my mom didn't like me reading about R.L. Stine since I got nightmares from it (yeah, that long ago) and so, this was the only book I read from the fear street series. Good book, not all that scary anymore, but, back when I was that young, it sure was. Happy reading!
  • The Lost Mind
  • The Mall
  • The Accident (Point Horror, #16)
  • Prom Dress
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)