The Prom Queen (Fear Street, #15)

The Prom Queen (Fear Street #15)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  2,350 ratings  ·  51 reviews
A spring night...soft moonlight...five beautiful Prom Queen candidates...dancing couples at the Shadyside High prom—these should be the ingredients for romance.

But stir in one brutal murder—then another, and another—and the recipe quickly turns to horror.

Lizzie McVay realizes that someone is murdering the five Prom Queen candidates one by one—and that she may be next on th...more
Published March 1st 1992 by Simon Pulse (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Prom Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prom Queen

Donna
Despite the fact that none of the characters are all that likable, THE PROM QUEEN is still en epic foray into old school cheese. I seriously just can't get enough of these books.

For the bad, the characters really aren't redeeming. They all go on dates with one of their friends' boyfriends behind her back and they do it shamelessly. They're all self-centered, one's exceptionally bitter and it's not like these girls have revelations at the end of the book that fix these issues. That's just how the...more
♥ Honey♥
My review of this book was awesome. I read this book last year and it was awesome and I really enjoy it!! I was gald that I had read this book. It was interesting and it was the kind of book that I was interested in!!! I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to be suspsened all the time reading!!!! Please enjoy!!!!
Jana
I read many series when I was a kid from The Saddle Club to Sweet Valley Middle/High but one of my favorites was the Fear Street Series so for fun I thought I would add a few of these books on here. I would recommend them as great and age appropriate thriller/horror books for young adults.
Mimi
If you enjoyed this review check out my others on my Blog :

Book name - The Prom Queen

Series - Fear Street

Author - R.L Stine

Page count - 168 pages

Time spent reading - 13th - 14th

Review :

The prettier pristine edition (with the girl wearing a dress) was bought in August for 10p in my favourite charity shop in the world and the ugly battered edition I bought -so I could keep the alternative edition in flawless condition- for 10p in October.

I should not have wa...more
Cai
This is one of 5 old books given to me. I read it first because the others (based from the title and illustrations) were high school drama.

Anyway, I felt like I've read this before but I wasn't sure.

Starting with things I liked first: (1) the prom queens liked each other (mostly), (2) girls dating their friend's boyfriend (I didn't like it but it was believable), (3) the protagonist genuinely cared for her friends.

Now, there were a lot of things I didn't like: (1) the climax felt rushed, (2) the...more
Shannon
Another good Fear Street book! After finishing it, though, I have a feeling I might have read this one as a kid. This book was really suspenseful. I honestly had no idea who the killer was until the end. R.L. Stine did a good job of making everyone seem suspicious. As I read I was constantly thinking 'ohmigod, that person's the killer!'. It seemed like everyone could have a motive and did creepy things. The ending seemed a bit far-fetched, but not enough that it bothered me.

I didn't really like...more
Nomi
My sister just called asking if I remember us reading this book as kids!
After an hour we finally found it.
I slept with the lights on for a year whilst reading this.
I am about to reread it again tonight and will update my review on whether the book has held up all these years.
So excited I found it!
Emmaline Westlund
I read this one once when I was like... eight or nine, so re-reading it now I had actually forgotten who the killer was. So that was a pleasant surprise. It's got a few odd phrases but overall it's an ok book. Nostalgic.
Lori
i liked this book just from reading the back this book is one of my favorites.
Drucilla
This Fear Street book is one of the better ones. The main character is likeable, the plot keeps you guessing, and the killer's identity surprises you (in a good way). The guys in the book were jerks, but it's the same in every Fear Street book. I do have to admit that one thing left me wanting to know more: (view spoiler)...more
Iman Rawas
This was my favorite book from the fear street collection
Julie_ian_curtis
i actually had forgotten who the killer was
cooco mocco
I loved it.. 7 years back
Tuyet Bui
Jealousy, betrayal, and back-stabbing are the words that describe the characters in this book. Who wouldn't love to be prom queen? Where are the consequences to be one? Who knows.
Alex
This was one of my favorites as a kid, and re-reading it now was still enjoyable. I have to give it 4 stars for that alone.

I remembered this book vividly but it didn't make this any less fun to read. This is a classic Fear Street book - people are dying and the killer is the last person you'd suspect. It's such a simple plot, yet he recycled it over and over and over again throughout the series. Somehow I never noticed (or cared) as a kid.
Krystal
This was the first Fear Street book I read as a kid and is still one of my favourites. It actually contains real danger and fear for the characters not just a bunch of red herrings, imagined scenarios and paranormal activity that happen in too many of the Fear Street books.

I love this book and enjoy re-reading it when I need some mindless entertainment and a quick read. :)
Erika
I remember reading this yeeeeears ago (I think I was 8...maybe 7). But, at the time, my mom didn't like me reading about R.L. Stine since I got nightmares from it (yeah, that long ago) and so, this was the only book I read from the fear street series. Good book, not all that scary anymore, but, back when I was that young, it sure was. Happy reading!
Amanda
This book is about the prom queens.

I really liked this book. It had good plot twists, and a lot of the charecters died (which always make the books better right?) I think teens girls would like this book. I liked the twist ending on this book as with all R.L.Stine Fear Street books.
Sarah B
Bodea
Oooooooh, I remember readign this back in middle school. I use to be a huge R.L. Stine fan and this was one of the first books I read by him. I couldn't put it down.
Brianna Hernandez
This book seems scary.I love Horror books!
I love reading too.I't is fun! You have to try.
Some people don't like reading.That just stinks,right.
Sammy
I really liked this book as well. They are very easy to read and the mystery is very intriguing, it is hard to put the book down!
Jaime
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Brittany
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Hilary
Cheesy. Read it in about 2 hours. But of course, I had to reread it before I could decide to get rid of it ... anyone want it?
Bri Hogue
I just love this books, I think More people should right Horror books! Anything he rights is really good(mostly)
Madison Voelker
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOK ALL GIRLS SHOULD READ. THE SETTING WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE.
Minti
Dec 23, 2009 Minti added it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Minti by: Friend
This was the first Fear Street books I read. It was pretty good. Dramatic....
Theadora
Awe, man. I liked you. I knew it was gonna happen, but I liked you.
  • The Mall
  • Prom Dress
  • The Lost Mind
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Party Line
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)