Start by marking “The Chimera Seed” as Want to Read:
The Chimera Seed

Read Book

The Chimera Seed

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
As the sole heir to his late father's pharmaceutical company, Michael Tiernan inherits more than just the struggling family business. Following a reluctant trip to Sardinia to settle his father's assets, Michael discovers he is not only part owner of an extraordinary vineyard but of the key to immortality itself. The experimental drug Dionysinol is the culmination of his f ...more
Published October 1st 2009 (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Chimera Seed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chimera Seed

Alayne Bushey
Feb 03, 2010 Alayne Bushey rated it really liked it
Nominated for the USA Book News Best Books 2009 Award, The Chimera Seed is a novel of intrigue and suspense. Michael Tiernan follows a mysterious trail set by his deceased father, a path on the hunt of an anti-aging drug. Forced to keep on the run, while attempting to prove himself worthy of his father’s secrets, Tiernan must work with his father’s lab partner to hunt down the lost vials of Dionysinol before they reach the hands of the enemies. Surrounded by pharmaceutical espionage, enemies bec ...more
Lori L (She Treads Softly)
Apr 26, 2012 Lori L (She Treads Softly) rated it it was amazing
The Chimera Seed by Matthew Tully is an exciting action/adventure science fiction thriller that is set in the present day. In The Chimera Seed, Michael Tiernan is the current CEO of Oisín Pharmaceuticals, a company founded by his father, Richard. Michael discovers after his father's death that Richard, along with his research partner Ivan Falters, were collaborating on a secret project in Sardinia involving the Niamh grapes. The grapes are unpalatable, but one small dose of the purple wine-like ...more
Vicki Nikolaidis
Aug 21, 2010 Vicki Nikolaidis rated it it was amazing
Matthew has written a book about the powerful, I mean the really powerful that we don't even know about because they are never in the news or on television. These are the people that invent new drugs and make millions and billions of pennies and dollars.
Surely there has to be someone somewhere who will do the right thing when all the rest of the world is grabbing all they can hold and pushing everybody off a cliff. ( Like the times we are having now!)
I'm saying this because in the world of The C
Dana
Jul 01, 2013 Dana rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Oisin' CEO and founder Richard Tiernan is a scientist of genius proportion, creating a hybrid "Chimera Seed" to produce corn quality and in abundance, without the harsh chemical pesticides. It is to be one of the world's greatest achievements wiping out famine forever, but the production is costly. And another pharma corporation has ousted Sr. Tiernan of this discovery taking the Chimera Seed for their own, cutting costs in its productions and destroying atmosphere in the process. Young Tiernan ...more
Smash
Jan 05, 2015 Smash rated it liked it
I wanted this book to be so much more. I have a deep interest in science and genetics and I wanted the story to go more in depth with the technical side of things. I felt it followed a more juvenile plot line, and I was expecting more character development with conversations that went deeper than just the surface.
Winter
Feb 01, 2013 Winter rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
It was... alright. I couldn't help but get frustrated and find the ending disappointing. I don't even think I can blame the book, because the entire point is that humanity can get pretty ugly when faced with something along the lines of eternal youth. But oh my gosh, I just wanted everyone to die. These characters were horrible. The only character I even remotely cared about was John Graham, and note my use of the word remotely.

I might give it another try. If I know what to expect I might appre
Gao Shikun
Jan 30, 2016 Gao Shikun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My math teacher

my math teacher wrote this so I read it. It's good. There was a plot twist near the end and that surprised me
Kristy Huddle
Jun 25, 2009 Kristy Huddle rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be very timely. It is about the need for a pharmaceutical company to get ahead by making a ground breaking discovery to cure aging. When greed gets in the way of science and logic many things can go wrong. It was hard to put down and I really enjoyed this book. I truely look forward to the next book!
Diane Large
Feb 05, 2013 Diane Large rated it it was ok
It had an interesting story line, but I really didn't like the characters and the ending was disappointing.
Mary
Jun 26, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! Fast-paced. Hard to put down. Love the characters!
Leaza Cowan
Jul 25, 2013 Leaza Cowan rated it liked it
A less extreme science fiction story. Easy reading for a wet weekend.
Michael Stern
Jul 06, 2014 Michael Stern rated it did not like it
Wholly forgettable drivel. Avoid at all costs!
Stephanie Clarke
Stephanie Clarke marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Linda S
Linda S is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2016
Jill Sugarman
Jill Sugarman rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
BonusMom
BonusMom rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Natterbug
Natterbug rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2015
Christy Embrey
Christy Embrey marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
M.
M. rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2015
Nicki
Nicki rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2015
Teresa Drelick
Teresa Drelick marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
P. R.
P. R. rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Kelley
Kelley is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2015
nancy stremel
nancy stremel rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Marcia A Stevens
Marcia A Stevens rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Sally Murphy
Sally Murphy rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Matthew Tully was born in New York City. At age five, he and his family moved to Ireland where they lived until he was 13 years old. He completed his undergraduate degree at Seton Hall University in New Jersey and continued his graduate studies in Rome, Italy. He resides in New Jersey where he is a public school teacher and adjunct professor at Fairleigh Dickinson University.

Member of The Authors
More about Matthew Tully...