Muffin Dragon (reissue)

Muffin Dragon (Serendipity)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  345 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A dragon is eating all of the muffins the villagers can bake, leaving them with nothing to sell. They will have to learn about sharing and cooperation for everyone to be happy. Full-color illustrations.
Published December 31st 2001 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Muffin Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muffin Dragon

Julia Brumfield
The title has been changed to "Muffin Dragon" no thanks to the way words are used nowadays so I was glad that when I ordered my two lots of Serendipity books that I had the original title. This was one I didn't read as a child so it was new to me.

The Serendipity dragons seem to be in a league of their own with them mostly being peaceful, loving and adorable. This muffin-eating dragon is different from them for he isn't against throwing his weight around and demanding his rights even though the...more
Dee
Sep 09, 2014 Dee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any child.
A great book that brings up the subject of sharing and encourages kids to be generous and considerate of others.
Sarah Sammis
The Muffin Muncher was the one book out of the Serendity series that I really liked as a kid. Most of them were too preachy for my tastes. But this one has some humor to it. A poor kingdom that lives hand to mouth by selling its wonderful muffins is over-run by a muffin munching dragon! What will they do to survive? What will the dragon do when the muffins run out?
Sherilynn
Serendipity books are great young children's books. This one is no exception. My father gave a copy of this to my little sister years ago, and I was always a little envious. Now I have my own copy to read to my daughter.
Ashley
Check out my blog, Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing for my thoughts and memories of the Serendipity series!
Nydia Munoz
This book teaches children about working together. the book teaches children to help.

Learning Extension: the children can work together to prepare meal time or bake cookies.
Anica
not as wonderful as I remember from MY childhood, but enjoyed the cute purple PJs the dragon wears!
Susan
Again, another childhood read that stands out as being memorable in a positive way.
J
Cosgrove's are my favorite. I've been waiting 25 years to read these to my kids!
Jen
Fun read, nice flow, think it through, there is usually a workable solution!
Chris
One of my favorite books when I was a kid.
Wanda
book name changed to 'the muffin dragon'
Tari_Roo
I wanted to be a muffin munching dragon
Joanna Bastian
Aug 11, 2009 Joanna Bastian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Joanna by: mom
the best book ever!!
Jenny Clark
My favorite read as a child.
Eddnkj
Eddnkj marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 06, 2014
Jared Robinson
Jared Robinson marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Mysie
Mysie added it
Aug 02, 2014
  • Mr. Noisy
  • Ella
  • Mister Dog:  The Dog Who Belonged to Himself (Little Golden Book)
  • Wellspring of Magic