Dragolin

Dragolin (Serendipity)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Short, plump, and unable to breathe fire like the other dragons, Dragolin is in despair until he learns the importance of believing in oneself.
Published June 29th 1984 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1984)

Shelli
This is a wonderful book series for kids that want to work toward reading chapter books but are not quiet there yet. Every other page has a beautiful illustration next to a page that is not overwhelming with text.

Out of all the dragons in the land of Weezalana, Dragonlin is the only one who can not breath fire. Tries and he tries but all for not. One day he is given some wonderful advise to simply believe in himself. Dragonlin gets a bit side tracked believing in the impossible though and more...more
littlemiao
Saccharine story lines and blindingly cute illustrations are exactly why I like the Serendipity Books. Little Dragolin struggles to learn how to breathe fire and his adorable little armadillo friend offers some sage advice. Honestly, if you're in need of sage advice I would go elsewhere, but if you want to relax with some awww-worthy illustrations, it's the perfect book. They need to make Serendipity plushies.
Ayla
I absolutely love this book the illustrations are wonderful and it has caused me to collect a series by the autor and the illustrator Robin James. Story is lovingly told and I recommend it for all children of all ages!
Tasia
This is a smart children's book; it isn't afraid to use a sophisticated vocabulary while being heartwarming. A little anticlimactic, but still a very sweet story with beautiful illustrations.
Kellie
Great little inspirational book for the kids into fantasy, dragons and basic awesomeness.

Moral of the tale: You can be your best if you really believe in yourself.
Jen
Aug 12, 2007 Jen rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adults who deal with kids with issues
Shelves: kids
Preachy and too cute, these books each have a moral. Sometimes, however, these are the only books to help explain a difficult issue to kids.
Michelle
An nice story about believing in yourself. The illustrations of the dragon are particularly cute.
What's Dat
This was my favorite and first Serendipity book when I was very young.
Theresa
a cute story for friendship
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Jun 01, 2014
Joni Chism
Joni Chism marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Sara
Sara added it
May 15, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
  • The Rain Came Down
  • The Legend of the Golden Snail
  • Little Miss Giggles
  • Mister Dog:  The Dog Who Belonged to Himself (Little Golden Book)
  • How Droofus the Dragon Lost His Head
  • The Market Square Dog
  • With You All the Way
  • Verdi
  • Amelia Hits The Road (Amelia's Notebooks, #3)
  • Fairy Tales
  • The Flea's Sneeze
  • I'm Still Here in the Bathtub: Brand New Silly Dilly Songs
  • Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Serendipity Leo the Lop (reissue) Flutterby Morgan and Me (Serendipity) Bangalee