Love Me

Love Me

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  794 ratings  ·  89 reviews
SHE HAD ALWAYS LOVED HIM...FOREVER IT SEEMED SHE HAD LOVED HIM. YET, WHEN SO MANY OTHERS LOVED HIM, TOO-WHAT HOPE DID SHE HAVE OF OWNING HIS LOVE IN RETURN? Jacey Whittaker couldn't remember a time when she hadn't loved Scott Pendleton-the boy next door. She couldn't remember a time when Scott hadn't been in her life-in her heart. Yet, Scott was every other girl's dream, t...more
Published November 8th 2008 by Distractions Incorporated (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Love Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me

Candi
Okay. I figure it's about time I sit down and write an actual review for all these Marcia Lynn McClure books I've been reading. I actually read my first book of hers years ago when I found it hidden away in Lisa's bedroom. I've since read most of them and I have to tell you what I like, and don't like, about these books.

The Good:
- The author is a "clean romance" author meaning there is no sex in her books. I LOVE and ADMIRE this about her. Her main characters always have excellent morals and i...more
Cindy
I stayed up until 2:30am finishing this book that I started yesterday, I simple couldn't put it down it was so good. I had to find out what happened to Jaycey. I think this book I cried reading more than any of Marcia's other books. This story was so relatable we all have our first love's. This story takes a twist and turn that I had not expected, Marcia can keep one turning pages like crazy. Another must read by Marcia!
Kristen
6/1/13 - Just as great the second time around.

10/5/12 -
Deep Sighhhhh...I've had this book on my kindle for a couple months and have been saving it for when I needed a gooood romance. And of course, Mrs. McClure always delivers for me. A great lost love story. And you throw in a celebrity twist...gold! I found it funny that all the oldie songs she mentioned are ones I just burned onto a CD for my mom's b-day last week. :o)

Only three things wrong: 1) Way too short 2) I lose sleep trying to finish...more
Sandy
Okay, NOW I've found a contemporary Marcia romance to rival her historical romances, which are my ultimate literary guilty pleasure. Love Me had me sighing and laughing and swooning. I'm such a sucker for Persuasion-type stories of first love found again, so this one had me hooked within a few pages. (What Marcia book doesn't???)

These books aren't classics by any means, but they more than satisfy Marcia's intended purpose--they put a smile on your face and let you swoon at that steamy clean kiss...more
Kathryn
Kathy
I've been in a bit of a reading slump lately. Nothing was really calling out to me, so I decided to pick up an old favorite. This was my third time through and I enjoyed it just as much. It's a sweet story about high school sweethearts who were separated and then reunited four years later. They both still had feeling for each other, but had to learn to trust again. I did wonder why Scott didn't tell her the truth when he broke up with her in high school, but I guess when you're young like that y...more
Rachel
I absolutely loved this book. Thanks to Alyssa for suggesting it to me. I brought back alot of good memories for me and my husband. It was very similar in how their relationship developed.
Marie
This is an e-book that my friend suggested. I loved this story pretty much from the first sentence to the last. For future reference- it was 148 pages.
Heather Jensen
I found myself alternately rolling my eyes and gagging during this book--it was just a little too much for me.
Lacey Weatherford
In case no one has noticed lately, I'm on the bandwagon for this author! I haven't been able to get enough of her stories and it seems like I am online everyday ordering more! This particular story didn't disappoint either and I'm happy to say it is one I will read and reread for years to come!

This tale encompasses everything there is about that high school crush every girl has had somewhere. You know...the one you LONGED for, dreamed about, watched his every move, doodled his name in your noteb...more
Annalisa
This is a short story set in a modern time period that I really enjoyed. I felt such a kinship to this book because my first love is my forever love and we too had a period of separation. I am very endeared to Jacey and Scott. The secondary character of Harbine is a great comic.

Amazon Product Description:
Tiffany
So far I have loved all of Marcia's novels but this one I did have some issues with. First I felt like Jacey wasn't described much. I had no picture of her in my mind. Second problem was I have always felt the male and female leading characters of Marcia's novels have always been strong but in this novel I felt like Jacey was weak. Scott comes in with yes a heartfelt and understandble apology but I still wanted her to make him work for it more. It seemed like things were rushed from the auction...more
Deborah
4.5 Stars! Has anyone else read this book and felt like it ended too soon? I just loved loved loved the idea of this book. I loved the tention at the beginning, but it ended to quickly for me. First, I wanted "Jace"(silly girl name BTW) to be a little more angry with Scott. I mean for heavens sake he broke her heart! I think a little anger is healthy. Also, I really wanted for Scott to have to work a little harder. The night when he said "Let the games begin" I thought we were just scratching th...more
Heather
I love this story!!! It has conflict and, just everything about it was so adorably done! I even enjoyed the side characters a lot, especially her roommate's boyfriend, Harbine - he was so much fun and made me chuckle! I also liked that you didn't get much of the hero's thoughts to give away what his feelings or plans were, so I was able to feel anxious right along with the heroine. Probably one of the cutest scenes for me was when Scott was angry/frustrated with Jacey and he started to walk off...more
Monica
I have to say that this is my favorite book of Marcia Lynn McClure's vast collection. Made me laugh, made me cry, and was very heartwarming. Loved it!!! #1 on my top 10 for sure.
Kara Strebel
This is about a young girl going through high school with her best friend...who happens to be the cutest guy in school and is the star on the football team. He finally expresses his love for her before he leaves for college and she is distraught when he has to leave. He eventually comes back to see her and I refuse to say what happens..... but its good :)

I loved this book! I think Marcia is awesome at writing cute romance novels. She's LDS so the stories are really clean and kinda cheesy sometim...more
Jennybug
I checked this book out at the library cause I didn't have it marked on my Goodreads. (I really love Goodreads) What a great way to keep track of what you have and haven't read. Any way once I got into it I realized I had already read it. I had fun skimming over it again. I think I liked this one especially, because it reminded me a little of my young love romance with my hubby. Although, I was the one throwing myself at him. I am so glad that my man liked a girl that was a little less on the sh...more
Emily
Jan 10, 2014 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Emily by: Marcia Lynn McClure
So stinkin' sweet. Oh my sweet heavens, this was a great romance. Leave it to the Queen of Kissing to give you goose bumps and have you fanning yourself.

Another great book by McClure.
Melody
Okay, so this is my new favorite book, even though I have been crying ever since I put it down. But that's because I have never felt as closely connected to any characters as I did with this one.
The emotions of the love, happiness, then the heartache, distrust, oh man, SO real... I was so happy with how it turned out, though I only wish I had the happy ending to my first love like Jacey and Scott...
Judy
I loved this book! It reminded me so much of my husbands and my's relationship. We dated a little in high school then went our separate ways only to fall in love again after 2 years of not seeing each other. I will even admit that there was some hiding behind shrubberies on my part. Such a great, emotional book! and about that first kiss after meeting again in chapter 3 all I can say is WOW!
Suzy Lance
Although the cover is different I believe this is the same book I just finished in one day. That's pretty impressive for my reading speed. (although I had some time to kill) I think it's one of my favorites. It was a fun story and kept me wanting to read it to find out if she would get her man! (although thinking about it, they always do)
Mallory
Oh at first I was wanting to put it down! The protagonists always tug at my heart and I knew that I would be near as depressed as Jacey was until she was happy with Scott. After staring at the unread book, I picked it back up and braved it through in one sitting. I am glad that I did! It was entertaining, witty and of course romantic!
June
This is one of my favorite Marcia Lynn McClure books. There's just something about Scott and Jacey's relationship from when they were younger that makes for such a great story. And then for them to meet up again later and things to work out for them made my heart melt. One of those feel good stories.
Valerie Waters
Aww I really like MLM Books. I really liked this one. I didn't feel like it was exactly like the other ones. Ok seriously how low of a self esteem can she have?!?! I hated all the negative self talk. I mean, dude (which was used way too much btw), he just macked you in front of everyone!!!
Amber
I wanted to love this book! It was cute, but it just didn't have much substance to it. Maybe I'm starting to get bored of Marcia's books. This one was a cute clean romance, I read it in one night-so it's a quick read. Just definitely not one of my favorites. Was a little too cheesy for me.
Brenda
It's so easy to love Marcia's books. Her characters are just every day people with their own insecurities and doubts. A perfectly sweet romance that was impossible to put down. These books turn me into goo- They make me put the kids to bed by 7:00 so I can snuggle up my my own prince charming:)
Angie
I liked the storyline of this book, but the editing was terrible! It was difficult to skip over some of the more obvious errors. If you are English-major-minded, you are now forewarned. And all these books are fluffy. I am currently in the mood for fluff, so I am enjoying them :)
Candi
The beginning of this book really took me back in time to my high school crush. It was kind of fun. I can't remember where she said it, but if I remember correctly Marcia Lynn McClure said that there is a part of every woman that is still 17. I felt that when I read this book.
Haley
Generally I love MLM but I really wasn't impressed with this book. The MC cried way to much. I know eternal love and all that nonesense but don't cry about it forfouryears! My goodness. I have been rereading everything of Miss McClure's and enjoying it greatly.
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • Montana Summer
  • The List
  • Masquerade
  • The Commander's Desire
  • Jayhawk
  • Illuminations of the Heart
  • A Longtime (and at one point illegal) Crush
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • All I Want
  • Hearts Through Time
  • Hearts in Hiding (Haggerty Mystery, #1)
  • Reality Check
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...
The Highwayman of Tanglewood The Visions of Ransom Lake Dusty Britches Shackles of Honor A Crimson Frost