Start by marking “Along Came Trouble (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Along Came Trouble (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #3)

Along Came Trouble (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy #3)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,050 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Trinity Harbor's sheriff Tucker Spencer has seen some action . . . but finding an almost-naked woman asleep in his bed leaves him speechless. Especially because this same woman -- Mary Elizabeth Chandler -- broke Tucker's heart six years ago by marrying a charismatic Virginian politician.

Now her philandering husband has been shot dead and Mary Elizabeth needs Tucker's hel

Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Along Came Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Along Came Trouble

Jess
Sep 03, 2010 Jess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, sherryl-woods
A nice ending to the trilogy, but I really disliked the main character Liz. She was a spoiled brat. She wanted what SHE wanted and didn't care who she hurt in the process. The backstory, she was with Tucker when they were younger and everyone expected them to get married, so what does Liz do? She leaves him for someone who would "make more of himself". Flash forward a few years, something happens to Liz so she goes running to Tucker to help her. And she doesn't care that he might lose his job/re ...more
Erinw
Sep 23, 2014 Erinw rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Liz comes home to find her husband, who she was planning to divorce, shot dead. She leaves the scene of the crime without calling 911 in order to visit her ex-boyfriend (the local sheriff) who she hasn't seen for 9 years. When Liz doesn't find the ex-boyfriend at home, she goes into his house, showers off her husband's blood and then falls asleep in the ex-boyfriend's bed wearing only his shirt which she stole from his dresser.

Does this make any sense to you? If so, you might enjoy this book. I
Jm
Feb 24, 2013 Jm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nous voilà de retour dans la petite ville côtière de Trinity Harbor, mais cette fois-ci, c'est pour résoudre un meurtre... et peut-être aussi (re)trouver l'amour.

Larry Chandler a été assassiné dans sa maison de Trinity Harbor et c'est sa femme, Liz, qui l'a découvert. Liz, la femme qui a autrefois brisé le cœur de Tucker Spencer en le quittant pour Larry. Sachant que tout la désigne comme la coupable du meurtre, elle décide d'aller frapper chez Tucker pour lui demander son aide et se retrouve à
Kimberly Ann
This is a light & entertaining read..... I understand this is the last of a trilogy, but for me it stood alone just fine.

There is romance, murder, mystery & politics of a small town.

However....the dialog was highly improbable... No man I have Ever met in my 40 years of having interest in boys/men has Ever spoken in the ways the men in this novel speak....Especially Not to Women!

Another thing...was the guilty party was never once brought up in the book until the last chapter.....so it's a
Mirella Grace
Seri penutup ini cukup 3 bintang aja. Paling jelek di antara ketiga seri. Tapi, tetep oke karena ada suspense nya meskipun dikit banget.

Emang yang namanya cinta sejati kagak lari kemana mana yaaa. Liat aja tuh, Tucker ama Liz... Biar kata si Liz kawin ama cowok lain, tetep aja buntutnya balik lagi ama Tucker.

Oh iya, dari 3 cowok tokoh utama, akhirnya daku menyimpulkan bahwa Walker Ames (dari seri 1) tetep yang paling oke. Entahlah kenapa. Mungkin karena seri 1 yang paling aku suka, jadi semuany
Sharon l childers
Along Came Trouble

This this bok 3 by Sheryl Woods there 're good books nd now ill go for book 4 thanks to all of you .
Luisa
May 21, 2011 Luisa rated it liked it
This was the third book in the Trinity Harbor trilogy. Although it was the better written of the three, it was my least favorite. It sorta offended me that Tucker would forgive and help the woman who was his high school sweetheart and lover and who dumped him for a politician because he could give her a ritzier life in Richmond. When we learn that the guy was a serial adulterer and her marriage was not happy, my feelings were that she deserved it for dumping such a worthwhile man. Later on I cou ...more
Sandra Munger
Mar 13, 2016 Sandra Munger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
His ex girlfriend comes back into his life and the man she dumped him for is dead. Can he solve the mystery and can their relationship reignite? Enjoyed the story.
Caro
Sep 30, 2012 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, own
This book was pretty good. I liked the humor, the characters, and the things that popped up. This is great for cuddling up or for the rainy day read. There was a little suspense, some scheming, and some family love. Personally, Liz wasn't the best character. I understand not everyone's perfect, but I can't really feel it. It's a little too selfish and she doesn't change/grow-up she just changes her mind about what she wants. I would read this again and would like to read the rest of the series t ...more
Lani
Still not sure how I feel about a woman shacking up with a man a few weeks after her husbands death. I understand she never stopped loving him and that her marriage was essentially over, but it's still a little hard to swallow for me. I could probably take it better if her husband had just up and left her, but murder/death is a devasting event-you don't just bounce back like she did. Aside from that fact, it was a good story with the lovely predictable ending that I expect in these kind of books ...more
Denise
May 19, 2010 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an okay read. I haven't read the first two books yet, so was a bit at a disadvantage. It was a fun, light read, nothing too serious or intense.

The author used the damsel in a lot of trouble needing a police sheriff to come to her rescue theme. In this case there had been already a relationship and she had burned him once. But like all good people he was able to forgive and forget, allowing his hormones to override his common sense.
Peggy
Mar 14, 2013 Peggy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finised-books
I liked Tuckers story.
It was funny heart warming and Liz was A likbule person.

I really do like Sherry Wodds but i think reading the three books one behind the outher just dosn't work for me becuse you get abit of the outher storys to.
So instade of reading one behind the outher i will try to give myself a lil somthing else to read.
But The Book Was Greate
Loved all Three of them.
Ashley
Jan 11, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This was a cute, fluffy read -- although the mystery plot running through the novel did keep the pace going. The characters were likeable and endearing, and I really enjoyed the shifting third person point of view. The book was nothing to write home about, but it was certainly a fun casual read. I will likely pick up another book from the trilogy, although it's not at the top of my to-read list.
Alyssa Edmonds
Jun 06, 2016 Alyssa Edmonds rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me a little too long to read but the plot was great and the intertwined stories were even better! Some times I wish I lived with my husband in a small town full of family and friends who took care of each other; I'd have to say it sounds like the best feeling in the world! What a delight this series was to read. ...more
Sue Q
After selecting this book on GR as read (it has been sitting on my shelf complete for some time now), I realized that this book may be part of a series?!? Who knew! Well - if it is, it was quite easy to pick up and read without knowing the history of any other story lines. It was a light, quick read with a bit of spunk.
Cheryl
Jul 06, 2013 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my least favorite book of the series. It just did not have the flow that the other two did. In fact, I had almost stopped reading it a few times. But, I wanted to finish the trilogy, so kept at it. The end of the book was back to the flow of the first two and I'm glad that I stuck with it.
Donna
Mar 04, 2010 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite of this trilogy..the elements I didn't like in the first two were not in this one. Tucker and Mary Elizabeth were likeable, sympathetic characters that I found myself rooting for!! The supense and romance were both well done and I really liked King and Frances' story.
Nancy
Mar 04, 2012 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sherryl-woods
This book is one of Sherryl Woods best in my opinion. The murder plot added another dimension to the love story. I love the way she keeps the reader updated on previous characters and I find reading her books in the order they are written enhances my reader pleasure.
Eli
Dec 22, 2012 Eli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2012
Well written, etc., but perhaps b/c it's the 3rd in a series the author felt it wasn't necessary to create empathy for the characters. And the cast of characters is huge...again, maybe why their personalities seemed so flat?
Mary Waite
I finished it but debated if I should. It was fine. A fluffy romance NOT a mystery although there was a murder investigation. Everything ended perfect and sweet. Not my kind of book. Plus just the one sex scene. What fun is that?
Mic Tov
Sep 04, 2011 Mic Tov rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite bits of dialogue comes from these pages. Between Tucker and Walker on the phone. Can't quote it exactly- something along the lines of "Rollover and tell her."
Gail Jorgensen
The final and best one of the triliogy as it had a murder mystery added to the romance part easy reading and a book you could put down when you had to do other things.
Betsy
Relatively uninteresting, but I was able to get through it with a moderate amount of interest. Its pretty much exactly what you would expect from this type of book.
Danthony74
Sep 07, 2012 Danthony74 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book. Fun read. King Spencer was such a funny character. Will look for the other 2 books in the trilogy of Trinity Harbor.
Jacque
I had a hard time finding any characters I liked in this book. I thought King Spencer was entertaining. The rest were just melodramatic.
Debra
Jun 04, 2012 Debra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The last in the trilogy. The murder mystery plot was nice, but the ending was the sappy "They all lived happily ever after."
Michele
Feb 26, 2013 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm always sad to see the end of a trilogy.
Sweet family saga with all the right touches of love, suspense, and humor!
Irma
Sep 20, 2013 Irma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totalmente distinto a todos. Asesinato, política y un poco de intriga. Siempre un mensaje medio escondido.
Tanya
Mar 01, 2008 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I read by this author and it was a blast to read!
Marnie
Nov 20, 2011 Marnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
Murder mystery book with a love story involved. Enjoyable read.
  • Fireside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #5)
  • Married in Seattle (First Comes Marriage & Wanted: Perfect Partner)
  • The Best of Friends
  • Down by the River (Grace Valley Trilogy, #3)
  • The Daddy Makeover (The Women of Brambleberry House,#1)
  • Hometown Girl (Chesapeake Diaries, #4)
  • Body of Evidence (Bayou #6)
  • If the Slipper Fits
  • Hawk's Way Grooms (Hawk's Way #10&12)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

The Trinity Harbor Trilogy (3 books)
  • About That Man (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #1)
  • Ask Anyone (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #2)