Start by marking “Shelter from the Storm (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1467)” as Want to Read:
Shelter from the Storm (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1467)

Shelter from the Storm (Galvez Brothers #1)

Six foot tall and spicy hot, Sheriff Daniel Galvez wasn't the kind of man women said no to. Unless you were Lauren Maxwell. Years ago, Daniel had worked a case that had destroyed her family—and her trust in men.

Now Lauren's come home, a trauma doctor, all cool-eyed and distant. Still, something about this brave woman stirred up Daniel's emotions. Lucky for him Lauren neede
Published June 1st 2007 by Silhouette (first published May 28th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Shelter from the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shelter from the Storm

RLA
Jun 20, 2011 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The female character, Lauren, is the main physician in a small town, she is the daughter of the former mayor, who five years ago was discovered to have embezzled funds from the town as well as hiding the existence of a second family, committing suicide not long after. Lauren struggles with acceptance from the townsfolk, her loneliness and memories of an attack in her youth. The male character, Daniel, is the town Sheriff and son of Mexican immigrants. He built up the case against Lauren's father ...more
Paige
May 27, 2010 Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Living in a small town, Dr. Lauren Maxwell, is trying to pay back the debt she feels she owes the town because of her father's scandal. Sheriff Daniel Galvez has been awestruck over Lauren since he meet her, but past events have caused a rift between them. That starts to change when a young pregnant girl is found beaten, Lauren wants to take her home and keep her safe untill living arrangements can be made, but with the suspect on the loose, Daniel decides to stay with them for protection. Over ...more
Linda
Nov 27, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RaeAnne Thayne has written a very heart warming story of a very young girl who was caught up in human trafficking when the Sheriff and the local doctor chose to help her and the baby she was carrying. Daniel Gálvez, Sheriff of Moosecreek, and Dr. Lauren Maxwell were fighting their feelings for each other and had for several years when Rosa Vallejo had been discovered hiding in the back of a camper after she had been brutally beaten. It was this common thread where they worked together to save Ro ...more
Marcia  Haskell
Jan 08, 2015 Marcia Haskell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
in helping others the world is changed unalterably.

Through a series of events caused by someone trying to kill a young pregnant girl. The way in which taking care of this young girl changes the doctor who treats her and the policeman who feels he must protect both of them while hiding his past. A romance with interesting twists and characters you can care about and sympathy size with.
Natalie
Oct 26, 2013 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She's the doctor in a small town and he's the sheriff.They knew each other from childhood.But there was a distance between them,but a common goal to keep a young pregnant girl safe keeps them together and the distance between them closes.A great story.
Tasneem
This was an okay read. I must confess though that I skipped a lot of it because it was tedious and predictable. I liked Daniel though. I liked that he wasn't white American.
Amanda
Jan 26, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will, no doubt, read this book again. Soooo worth to read. Imagine yourself in a blizzard with a awesome gal or a guy - whichever you perfer. Sooo worth it!
Beth
Nov 09, 2016 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it.
Pat Bava
Pat Bava rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2017
Shelley
Shelley rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2011
V.L. Holt
V.L. Holt rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2008
Dawn
Dawn rated it liked it
May 20, 2017
Randi
Randi rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2016
Mary Ann
Mary Ann rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2017
Suzie
Suzie rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2017
Brittany Farrell
Brittany Farrell rated it it was ok
Dec 12, 2016
Brandi Holtz
Brandi Holtz rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2017
Louisa
Louisa rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Diane L. Nanse
Diane L. Nanse rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Maria April
Maria April rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2014
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2017
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2016
richard moon
richard moon rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Mary Rosado
Mary Rosado rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2011
Ida R. Degraw
Ida R. Degraw rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Hilcia
Hilcia rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2010
Dorothy Reynolds
Dorothy Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2017
jenjn79
jenjn79 rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2008
Kjones
Kjones rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t
More about RaeAnne Thayne...

Galvez Brothers (2 books)
  • High-Stakes Honeymoon