Start by marking “The Cop (Tall, Dark...and Dangerously Hot! #2)” as Want to Read:
The Cop (Tall, Dark...and Dangerously Hot! #2)

The Cop (Tall, Dark and Dangerously Hot #2)

Off-duty detective Nik Angelis is the first on the scene at a wedding gone very, very wrong. The only witness is the caterer, a fiery redhead named J. C. Riley, who’s eager to make her statement. So eager, in fact, Nik can’t help thinking of other things she could do with her mouth—

Sassy, smart-mouthed J.C. is in serious danger, and she knows it. She needs Nik's protection
ebook, Harlequin Blaze, 236 pages
Published July 1st 2007 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Cop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cop

ElaineY
I made the mistake of reading The Defender (Theo's story) halfway before I realized it was part of a trilogy and Nik's book is the second ...and I don't even have The P.I. - the first book!

Wow. Nik is one hot cop. It's a pity this Cara Summers' Blaze trilogy features mediocre sex scenes because if any hero deserved hotter pages, Nik does. The sexual tension starts early and as soon as Nik lays eyes on J C Riley. I liked that JC is comfortable with her attraction to Nik despite the fact that thei
Angela
Nov 20, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely series! This second book, The Cop (Tall, Dark...and Dangerously Hot!) in my humble opinion didn't have quite the sizzle as The P.I. And alot of this story was a review of the first book. I think I would have liked this story better if it didn't take place at the same time as the first story. I guess The Defender (Tall, Dark...and Dangerously Hot!) will probably be the same time frame also, but I'm still anxious to start it! The Angelis boys ROCK!!!
Susan
Jul 26, 2007 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2007
This is the second in a trilogy about three brothers of Greek heritage. I did not realize it was a trilogy when I bought it, otherwise I would have started with book one The P.I..

With that said, you could easily follow the story, although it did seem a bit rushed to me in parts. The sex was hot (as if I would read a romance without that!), as the lead characters Nik Angelis and Jude Catherine (J.C. for short) Riley worked together to solve the mystery of who was trying to kill J.C. while at the
Rebekah
Apr 03, 2016 Rebekah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-challenge
Full review to come.
I am so back logged on reviews, but lately I have just wanted to read, read, read and not be bothered with reviewing. So, I imagine I will get back to it eventually, But for now I’m going to read another book instead.

Mem
B336 Jul07 Lots going on, with twists and turns, so glad I read "The P.I." 1st in the series Tall, Dark and Dangerously Hot series. Detective Nic Angelis is first on the scene of a wedding gone wrong. Man killed, priest shot, wedding party missing, man out cold from a fall from a balcony, and the caterer the only witness, J.C. Riley. She can id the man, "Snake Eyes" who shot the priest. Nic's boss assigns him as bodyguard to protect C.J.
Carole
May 31, 2011 Carole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it just fine. It obviously wasn't great literature, but I wasn't expecting it to be. I left it for my mom to read when we left her house at Christmas. She just finished it and I have to be completely amused at her take on it. She says "It was like reading a screen saver."
Samantha
omg, i looooved this book!! I was so consumed by the plot, that i went straight on to the second book, The P.I., and then on to the third, The Defender. all three were amazing and i loved the ending ^^
Sonotjade
Sonotjade rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2013
Maureen
Maureen rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2009
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
May 14, 2015
Karmella Exelby
Karmella Exelby rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2010
Luna Maca
Luna Maca rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2013
Brianna Martini
Brianna Martini rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2009
Tara Cadenelli
Tara Cadenelli rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Aki
Aki rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2013
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Angel Cox
Angel Cox rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2014
Alina
Alina rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2011
Amanda Gumpper
Amanda Gumpper rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2012
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2010
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2011
Rita Dooley
Rita Dooley rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2016
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Jacque Schrag
Jacque Schrag rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2011
Louise
Louise rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2011
Jeannette-steve
Jeannette-steve rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Kiss and Dwell (Harlequin Blaze #325)
  • Relentless (In Too Deep #2)
  • Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #321)
  • The Maverick
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After) (Harlequin Blaze #447)
  • Sex By The Numbers (Harlequin Blaze, #403)
  • Shadow Hawk
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • Crossing The Line (Harlequin Blaze, No. 399) (Perfect Anatomy, #1)
  • Below the Belt
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Restless (Indecent Proposals #2)
  • Underneath It All (Harlequin Blaze #344)(Million Dollar Secrets)
  • Flyboy
Carolyn Fulgenzi was born on 28 July 1940 in Detroit, Michigan, USA, daughter of Janet (McLaughlin) and Andrew Fulgenzi. She graduated from Dominican High School in Detroit and completed her undergraduate education at Catholic University of America in Washington, DC. She continued her studies attending Syracuse University receiving her Master’s in English Education. After retiring as a teacher wit ...more
More about Cara Summers...

Tall, Dark and Dangerously Hot (3 books)
  • The P.I.