Di Balik Penemuan Besar

Di Balik Penemuan Besar

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Di Balik Penemuan Besar mengisahkan pergulatan sejumlah ilmuwan terkemuka dalam mempelajari alam. Pergulatan itu bukan hanya menyangkut penelitian dan penemuan, melainkan juga dalam menghadapi keyakinan yang dianggap benar pada zamannya. Saksikan bagaimana Galileo mempertahankan pandangannya di hadapan Gereja Katolik. Lihat pula bagaimana Niels Bohr dan Werner Heisenberg m...more
Published by Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia (first published 1997)

Goldstein
When it was good it was good, when it was bad, it was illegible.

I didn't have enough background for the pro-and epilogue to make sense.

Feynman's stories had enough detail to be both interesting and new, BUT the switching from one author to another was confusing, and some of the fonts were hard to read there also.

The safe-cracker series was the best STORY all in all (4 stars), but it had very little science, which given the title was a let-down.
Bonnie Stufflebeam
The bits regarding Feynman, which really makes up most of the book, were great. I didn't know anything about this particular scientist until reading, and now I'm definitely intrigued. A couple of the strips were a little dumb, such as "Shoulders of Giants." And none of the rest interested me as much as the Feynman stories.
AJ
Jim Ottaviani can pretty much do no wrong in my mind. As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, although I was a bit disappointed in reading a lot of repeat material, having already read Feynman.
Priya
Really loved to get to know the conditions and circumstances under which these great minds worked for all of us to have a future today.

Amazing collection of stories! Becoming a fan of Ottaviani.
Must read!
roland s
Buku ini berisi tentang cerita-cerita para ahli ahli dunia dalam menemukan teori-teori dan penemuan yang kemudian kita kenal saat ini. Perjalanan mereka dipenuhi cerita-cerita unik, konyol bahkan yang cukup menyedihkan.
Rich
Outstanding in every way. The stories are interesting and they even have a page talking about my favorite Bertrand Russell story (it's turtles all the way down). Scientists are the real rock stars, man...
Aarti
Interesting idea, but poor execution. No idea what the context on any of these stories really was, or how many of these scientists contributed to our collective knowledge.
Bunga Mawar
Di buku ini, cerita tentang ilmuwan fisika sableng tukang bobol brankas, Richard Feynman,-nya lumayan banyak! :)
Walau memang sebagian sumbernya udah pernah saya baca.
Indah Threez Lestari
Saksikan bagaimana Richard Feyman menggunakan waktu luangnya untuk membobol brankas ;)
Hindraswari enggar
Di balik penemuan besar, sebuah kisah pergulatan para ilmuwan terkemuka. penerbit KPG
Maxwell Heath
The Feynman bits were the best, although I'd already heard most of them.
Mike
Science.
Two-Fisted Science.

Need I say more?
Mitch
Mitch marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Trevor
Trevor is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2014
Fabricio Moura
Fabricio Moura marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Zanna
Zanna marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Steven Stadnicki
Steven Stadnicki marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I've worked in news agencies and golf courses in the Chicagoland area, nuclear reactors in the U.S. and Japan, and libraries in Michigan. I still work as a librarian by day, but stay up late writing comics about scientists. When I'm not doing those things, I'm spraining my ankles and flattening my feet by running on trails. Or I'm reading. I read a lot.
More about Jim Ottaviani...
Feynman Primates: The Fearless Science of Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, and Biruté Galdikas T-Minus: The Race to the Moon Suspended In Language: Niels Bohr's Life, Discoveries, And The Century He Shaped Bone Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards: Edward Drinker Cope, Othniel Charles Marsh, and the Gilded Age of Paleontology