Start by marking “Di Balik Penemuan Besar” as Want to Read:
Di Balik Penemuan Besar

Di Balik Penemuan Besar

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Di Balik Penemuan Besar mengisahkan pergulatan sejumlah ilmuwan terkemuka dalam mempelajari alam. Pergulatan itu bukan hanya menyangkut penelitian dan penemuan, melainkan juga dalam menghadapi keyakinan yang dianggap benar pada zamannya. Saksikan bagaimana Galileo mempertahankan pandangannya di hadapan Gereja Katolik. Lihat pula bagaimana Niels Bohr dan Werner Heisenberg m ...more
Published by Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Di Balik Penemuan Besar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Di Balik Penemuan Besar

Theresa
Yes indeed this is heavy on Richard Feynman; but since I personally really dig Feynman, that's not an issue. Ottaviani's book all about him has several of the Feynman scenes re-illustrated in a more cohesive way in his graphic novel... (let me just type this name one more time:) Feynman.

The comics are very short, but anyone with a basic knowledge of science history (mostly around WW II) will probably not need boatloads of extra context. I'm your standard clown and I got through it. Lots of refer
Keith Davis
A collection of short pieces with anecdotes about famous scientists by various artists. The format is kind of reminiscent of the Big Book series from Paradox Press that did graphic collections on topics like conspiracies and urban legends.

More than half the book is taken up by stories about physicist Richard Feynman. Feynman is certainly an interesting character, a sort of minor cult of personality has grown up about him over the years, but these stories are well known. The book could have been
Nathan
I was really excited when I'd heard about this book, but it was really sort of a let down. Most of the stories were too short to really gain anything from, and most of the time you really couldn't even tell what was happening. It's a great idea, but it was poorly implemented.
Goldstein
When it was good it was good, when it was bad, it was illegible.

I didn't have enough background for the pro-and epilogue to make sense.

Feynman's stories had enough detail to be both interesting and new, BUT the switching from one author to another was confusing, and some of the fonts were hard to read there also.

The safe-cracker series was the best STORY all in all (4 stars), but it had very little science, which given the title was a let-down.
Bonnie Stufflebeam
The bits regarding Feynman, which really makes up most of the book, were great. I didn't know anything about this particular scientist until reading, and now I'm definitely intrigued. A couple of the strips were a little dumb, such as "Shoulders of Giants." And none of the rest interested me as much as the Feynman stories.
AJ
Jim Ottaviani can pretty much do no wrong in my mind. As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, although I was a bit disappointed in reading a lot of repeat material, having already read Feynman.
Priya
Really loved to get to know the conditions and circumstances under which these great minds worked for all of us to have a future today.

Amazing collection of stories! Becoming a fan of Ottaviani.
Must read!
roland zoe
Buku ini berisi tentang cerita-cerita para ahli ahli dunia dalam menemukan teori-teori dan penemuan yang kemudian kita kenal saat ini. Perjalanan mereka dipenuhi cerita-cerita unik, konyol bahkan yang cukup menyedihkan.
Rich
Outstanding in every way. The stories are interesting and they even have a page talking about my favorite Bertrand Russell story (it's turtles all the way down). Scientists are the real rock stars, man...
Aarti
Interesting idea, but poor execution. No idea what the context on any of these stories really was, or how many of these scientists contributed to our collective knowledge.
Bunga Mawar
Di buku ini, cerita tentang ilmuwan fisika sableng tukang bobol brankas, Richard Feynman,-nya lumayan banyak! :)
Walau memang sebagian sumbernya udah pernah saya baca.
Indah Threez Lestari
Saksikan bagaimana Richard Feyman menggunakan waktu luangnya untuk membobol brankas ;)
Hindraswari enggar
Di balik penemuan besar, sebuah kisah pergulatan para ilmuwan terkemuka. penerbit KPG
Maxwell
The Feynman bits were the best, although I'd already heard most of them.
Mike
Science.
Two-Fisted Science.

Need I say more?
Andre Simonsen
Andre Simonsen marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Lis
Lis marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Usz
Usz marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Ala
Ala marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Karen Whiteandnerdy
Karen Whiteandnerdy marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Aneirys
Aneirys marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Krishna
Krishna marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
  • Fallout: J. Robert Oppenheimer, Leo Szilard, and the Political Science of the Atomic Bomb
  • King, The Complete Edition: A Comics Biography of Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • Finder: Dream Sequence
  • Heart of Empire, or The Legacy of Luther Arkwright
  • Light Brigade
  • Courtney Crumrin and the Prince of Nowhere
  • Cosmic Odyssey
  • Wolfsong (The Blood of Ten Chiefs, #2)
I've worked in news agencies and golf courses in the Chicagoland area, nuclear reactors in the U.S. and Japan, and libraries in Michigan. I still work as a librarian by day, but stay up late writing comics about scientists. When I'm not doing those things, I'm spraining my ankles and flattening my feet by running on trails. Or I'm reading. I read a lot.
More about Jim Ottaviani...
Primates: The Fearless Science of Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, and Biruté Galdikas Feynman T-Minus: The Race to the Moon Suspended In Language: Niels Bohr's Life, Discoveries, And The Century He Shaped Bone Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards: Edward Drinker Cope, Othniel Charles Marsh, and the Gilded Age of Paleontology