Start by marking “Di Balik Penemuan Besar” as Want to Read:
Di Balik Penemuan Besar

Di Balik Penemuan Besar

Di Balik Penemuan Besar mengisahkan pergulatan sejumlah ilmuwan terkemuka dalam mempelajari alam. Pergulatan itu bukan hanya menyangkut penelitian dan penemuan, melainkan juga dalam menghadapi keyakinan yang dianggap benar pada zamannya. Saksikan bagaimana Galileo mempertahankan pandangannya di hadapan Gereja Katolik. Lihat pula bagaimana Niels Bohr dan Werner Heisenberg m ...more
Published May 2009 by Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Di Balik Penemuan Besar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Di Balik Penemuan Besar

Theresa
Dec 01, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes indeed this is heavy on Richard Feynman; but since I personally really dig Feynman, that's not an issue. Ottaviani's book all about him has several of the Feynman scenes re-illustrated in a more cohesive way in his graphic novel... (let me just type this name one more time:) Feynman.

The comics are very short, but anyone with a basic knowledge of science history (mostly around WW II) will probably not need boatloads of extra context. I'm your standard clown and I got through it. Lots of refer
Keith Davis
A collection of short pieces with anecdotes about famous scientists by various artists. The format is kind of reminiscent of the Big Book series from Paradox Press that did graphic collections on topics like conspiracies and urban legends.

More than half the book is taken up by stories about physicist Richard Feynman. Feynman is certainly an interesting character, a sort of minor cult of personality has grown up about him over the years, but these stories are well known. The book could have been
Goldstein
When it was good it was good, when it was bad, it was illegible.

I didn't have enough background for the pro-and epilogue to make sense.

Feynman's stories had enough detail to be both interesting and new, BUT the switching from one author to another was confusing, and some of the fonts were hard to read there also.

The safe-cracker series was the best STORY all in all (4 stars), but it had very little science, which given the title was a let-down.
Bonnie Stufflebeam
The bits regarding Feynman, which really makes up most of the book, were great. I didn't know anything about this particular scientist until reading, and now I'm definitely intrigued. A couple of the strips were a little dumb, such as "Shoulders of Giants." And none of the rest interested me as much as the Feynman stories.
AJ
Jan 03, 2012 AJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jim Ottaviani can pretty much do no wrong in my mind. As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, although I was a bit disappointed in reading a lot of repeat material, having already read Feynman.
roland simarangkir
Buku ini berisi tentang cerita-cerita para ahli ahli dunia dalam menemukan teori-teori dan penemuan yang kemudian kita kenal saat ini. Perjalanan mereka dipenuhi cerita-cerita unik, konyol bahkan yang cukup menyedihkan.
Rich
Oct 08, 2011 Rich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding in every way. The stories are interesting and they even have a page talking about my favorite Bertrand Russell story (it's turtles all the way down). Scientists are the real rock stars, man...
Nathan
Oct 09, 2014 Nathan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was really excited when I'd heard about this book, but it was really sort of a let down. Most of the stories were too short to really gain anything from, and most of the time you really couldn't even tell what was happening. It's a great idea, but it was poorly implemented.
Priya
Oct 18, 2011 Priya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really loved to get to know the conditions and circumstances under which these great minds worked for all of us to have a future today.

Amazing collection of stories! Becoming a fan of Ottaviani.
Must read!
Mike
Nov 20, 2010 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Science.
Two-Fisted Science.

Need I say more?
Indah Threez Lestari
Mar 03, 2012 Indah Threez Lestari rated it really liked it
Saksikan bagaimana Richard Feyman menggunakan waktu luangnya untuk membobol brankas ;)
Aarti
Feb 06, 2012 Aarti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting idea, but poor execution. No idea what the context on any of these stories really was, or how many of these scientists contributed to our collective knowledge.
Bunga Mawar
Sep 22, 2010 Bunga Mawar rated it liked it
Shelves: it-s-mine
Di buku ini, cerita tentang ilmuwan fisika sableng tukang bobol brankas, Richard Feynman,-nya lumayan banyak! :)
Walau memang sebagian sumbernya udah pernah saya baca.
Mason
Mason rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2007
Bastian Greshake
Bastian Greshake rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Rob
Rob rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2017
Gavin H-C
Gavin H-C rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2014
David
David rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2013
WT Sharpe
WT Sharpe rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Chad Hansen
Chad Hansen rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Efree
Efree rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2010
Joseph
Joseph rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Anne
Anne rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2012
Nicholas Locicero
Nicholas Locicero rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Angypants
Angypants rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2013
Pinky Mcgee
Pinky Mcgee rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Michael Cutler
Michael Cutler rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2014
Nazlı Güngör
Nazlı Güngör rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Fallout: J. Robert Oppenheimer, Leo Szilard, and the Political Science of the Atomic Bomb
  • King, The Complete Edition: A Comics Biography of Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • Finder, Vol. 02: Sin-Eater 2
  • James Sturm's America: God, Gold, and Golems
  • Cosmic Odyssey
  • Boneyard, Volume 1: In Full Color
  • Light Brigade
  • Under New Management (Schlock Mercenary, #3)
  • The Cartoon Guide to the Environment (Cartoon Guide Series)
I've worked in news agencies and golf courses in the Chicagoland area, nuclear reactors in the U.S. and Japan, and libraries in Michigan. I still work as a librarian by day, but stay up late writing comics about scientists. When I'm not doing those things, I'm spraining my ankles and flattening my feet by running on trails. Or I'm reading. I read a lot.
More about Jim Ottaviani...