Start by marking “Global Warming and Other Bollocks: The Truth About All Those Science Scare Stories” as Want to Read:

The idea that we are one step from calamity is as old as history itself. Every step on the road of progress has always been countered by those who think that we should keep to a primitive lifestyle that they claim is more compatible with nature. But despite the fact that they've been proved wrong, the pessimists are undeterred by their abysmal record. They continue to echo ...more
Published September 6th 2009 by John Blake (first published July 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Global Warming and Other Bollocks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Global Warming and Other Bollocks

Mark Love
Oct 13, 2010 Mark Love rated it it was ok
As a lover of conspiracy theories (e.g. Robert Anton Wilson's brilliant "Everything is Under Control") and hater of Bad Science in the media I should have loved this book declaiming the now widely accepted view that mad made climate change is going to be apocalyptic.

However, partly because I was coerced into reading this book by a small minded ex-army type who I got into an argument with about global warming, I find myself unmoved by the arguments in this book.

The basic premise of the book is fa
Andrew
Jun 20, 2014 Andrew rated it it was ok
I'm noting doing too well with books at present this is my second underwhelming one in a row...the last book I read was disappointing fiction and in some ways I think that covers this one too....
mind you I'm probably one of the horrible pinko lefties that I'm sure the writers of this book abhor as the book itself seems to be the ravings of a right wing think tank!!
fair enough...the title of the book warned me of this but I was hoping for a book that reflected concern whilst pointing out the figu
Gary
Jun 30, 2012 Gary rated it really liked it
Ignorance of the science behind the benefits we enjoy in today's world (and tomorrow's) fills us with unnecessary fears at every turn and opens us up to exploitation from quacks and well-enough meaning pseudo scientists. Big business has learned to cash in on these fears, and the tabloids thrive on them. This book surveys the evidence for a number of these fears, separating fact from fiction and clear evidence from that which is at best inconclusive.

It is carefully written and readable. Rarely d
Elentarri
Informative, interesting and easy to understand. This book discusses such things as global warming, the epidemic of obesity and other health matters, Britain's transport policy and other questionable dogmas such as recycling, ethics, globalisation and population. It's a food for thought type of book, even if I don't agree with everything written within its pages.
Gordy
Aug 06, 2012 Gordy rated it it was amazing
Very informative on the truth behind many myths which we tend to blindly accept in the false world around us.
Nazmelis Zengin
Nazmelis Zengin rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2010
Mike Walker
Mike Walker rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2012
Matt Massara
Matt Massara rated it did not like it
Nov 16, 2014
John Lynch
John Lynch rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Allicia Coates
Allicia Coates rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Rodders
Rodders rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2011
Djonski
Djonski rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2012
Alan Walters
Alan Walters rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Stephanie Macdonald
Stephanie Macdonald rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Graham East
Graham East rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2013
Jason Perz
Jason Perz rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2016
Delford
Delford marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2009
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2009
Koritsimou
Koritsimou marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Amelie Collard
Amelie Collard marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2012
Nschwart
Nschwart marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
G
G added it
Feb 10, 2013
Agi
Agi added it
Jul 25, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
John Doe
John Doe marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Steph
Steph is currently reading it
Jun 18, 2014
Kadir Sert
Kadir Sert marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Lucas
Lucas is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2014
UsamaG
UsamaG marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Duane
Duane marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Mehran
Mehran is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2016
Carlton Brown
Carlton Brown marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Austin Eddy
Austin Eddy marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016