Start by marking “Boo's Surprise” as Want to Read:
Boo's Surprise

Boo's Surprise

"A dinosaur! A new dinosaur!" Boo shouted. "This dinosaur left me a big surprise."

Boo is excited to receive a giant egg—and to find out what's inside! Her brother, Sammy, is not—but he is still willing to help her after the egg hatches into a lovable baby dinosaur. Is it all Boo's imagination or not? The youngest chapter book reader will want to find out in this wonderful
Published August 4th 2009 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Boo's Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boo's Surprise

Josiah
Feb 03, 2010 Josiah rated it it was ok
Above all, I have to say that I am tremendously happy to see Betsy Byars still writing books, providing still more generations the opportunity to delight in her wonderful writing style. Boo's Surprise is a wonderful gift to those of us who love her books no matter how long or short they are, and want to see her keep on writing forever.

This book defines cute. Seriously. I mean, if there never was a cute book ever published and offered up on the shelves of bookstores, then this book is the firs
Dolly
Jan 02, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another fun book about Boo and a dinosaur. We've already read Boo's Dinosaur and really enjoyed it. So when we saw this at the library, we just knew we had to borrow it. This story was good, but we didn't like it quite as much as the first story. And it felt a bit disjointed in places (for example, the transition between Mom cracking an egg and Dad saying that he heard a noise like that just didn't flow smoothly and it took me a few times reading it through to get what was going on...per ...more
Jacki
Oct 23, 2011 Jacki rated it it was ok
Boo's Dinosaur is fantasy book for Primary readers.

Boo finds a huge egg in her yard and asks family members how to hatch it only to discover it has hatched on its own and she now has a dinsaur! Boo has a wonderful imagination and uses it througnout the story.

The author has written a short chapter book which will appeal to young children. The book has simple pen and ink drawings which help the reader step into Boo's imagination. Young readers who are beyond simple picturebooks but not quite ready
carissa
Recommended AgeS: grades 2-4

Boo is excited to receive a giant egg—and to find out what’s inside! Her brother, Sammy, is not—but he is still willing to help her after the egg hatches into a lovable baby dinosaur. Is it all Boo’s imagination or not? The youngest chapter book reader will want to find out in this wonderfully imaginative sequel to Boo’s Dinosaur.
Tiffany
Feb 04, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Another fun, quick read. Both my 4 year old and 2 year old sat and listened to the whole book. They love the double page illustrations at the end of each chapter. It's a great way to keep their attention. They are always excited to see what Book will do!
Big G
Apr 18, 2013 Big G added it
When Boo's first Dino goes away she finds a new Dino egg and hatches a new Dino.
Crissy
Sep 14, 2016 Crissy rated it it was amazing
Cute children's chapter book. Very easy to read. It is a but the first one isn't necessary.
Barb Keister
So does Boo really have a new dinosaur friend or is Dinny just an imaginary friend? Love how her older brother is such a good sport as she trains and entertains her new friend.
Julie
Jan 25, 2016 Julie rated it liked it
Henry loved.
Carol
Carol rated it it was ok
Nov 28, 2011
Kids
Kids rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Vibhuti
Vibhuti rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2010
Laura Vogt
Laura Vogt rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Janet
Janet rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2011
Mary Librarian
Mary Librarian rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2009
Randy Stout
Randy Stout rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2010
Monica Osornia
Monica Osornia rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2017
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Mariela
Mariela rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2011
Maddy
Maddy rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2016
Carrie
Carrie rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2011
Coral
Coral rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2010
Rosanna Lang
Rosanna Lang rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2011
Lena Time
Lena Time rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2016
Meredith Ruffell
Meredith Ruffell rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2016
Martha
Martha rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2013
Our Children
Our Children rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Briony
Briony rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2012
Betsy Byars has written over sixty books for young people. Her first published in 1962 and since then she has published regularly. Her books have been translated into nineteen languages and she gets thousands of letters from readers in the United States and from all over the world.

She has won many awards. Among them are the Newbery Medal in 1971 for her novel The Summer of the Swans, the American
More about Betsy Byars...