Start by marking “Coraline” as Want to Read:
Coraline

Coraline

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  13,994 Ratings  ·  1,177 Reviews
Saat berjalan memasuki sebuah pintu di flat barunya, Coraline menemukan ruangan yang persis sama dengan flatnya itu. Awal semua tampak menakjubkan. Makanan di situ lebih enak dan isi kotak mainannya juga sangat banyak.

Namun disana ada ayah ibu lain yang menginginkan Coraline tetap tinggal dan menjadi anak mereka. Mereka ingin mengubah dan tidak membiarkan Coraline pergi da
Published 2009 by m&C! (first published June 24th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Coraline, please sign up.

Becky This page refers to the graphic novel adaptation of Gaiman's original Coraline. The one you're referring to is the anniversary edition of the original…moreThis page refers to the graphic novel adaptation of Gaiman's original Coraline. The one you're referring to is the anniversary edition of the original Coraline novel. I found a limited edition copy of the Chris Riddell illustrated novel at bookdepository.com using a Google search. Amazon is also selling a Kindle edition of that version.(less)

Raeleen Lemay
I definitely enjoyed the novel way more, but this was still a super creepy book, perfect for Halloween.
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I really enjoy the story of Coraline, but the artwork just didn't do it for me.
Tara Račić
Aug 17, 2015 Tara Račić rated it really liked it
A modern-day Alice in Wonderland, indeed.
Stacey (prettybooks)
I must confess that I've never read Neil Gaiman's Coraline, but I have seen the adaptation and have been curious about how it'd work as a graphic novel. As it turns out, it's wonderfully creepy. I expected Coraline to have bright blue hair and the story to be as whimsical as it is in the film, but the graphic novel is more realistic. I don't think button eyes and the Other Mother will ever stop being creepy. P. Craig Russell's illustrations capture the weirdness perfectly!

I also reviewed this bo
Anne
I'd definitely recommend this version to reluctant readers.
Yeeees. The real book is...a REAL book, but I'm talking about those kids who don't like to read.
I've got one of those, and she loved this thing.
My feeling is that if you can get them hooked on a good story, no matter how you do it, it's going to show them the possibilities between the pages of a book.

The graphic novel tells the same story as the book, but with the added bonus of pictures. Duh.
Who doesn't like pictures?
Blind folks and sno
Taylor Knight
Jul 31, 2015 Taylor Knight rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I haven't seen the movie for Coraline or read the original book so I had pretty much no idea what this graphic novel was about.
The overall plot was really interesting and spooky. I wasn't expecting it to be so strange but I really enjoyed it.
I really like Coraline. She was a fun character and I thought she was really well written.
أحمد
Oct 18, 2015 أحمد rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
يعرف مَن شاهد فيلم "كورالاين" أنه لا يناسب الأطفال كثيرا، وأنه سيظل طويلا ملازما لكوابيس أي طفل شاهده. لكن هذه الرواية المصورة؟ لا أعرف حقا كيف كنت لأشعر لو كنت قرأتها طفلا! فخيال المخرج المبدع "هنري سيليك" أخرج الفيلم في صورة رائعة ومروعة، تساءلتُ كثيرا عن مدى مناسبتها للأطفال. لكنني اكتشفت بعد قراءة الرواية أنه كان رحيما بتجاهل الكثير من التفاصيل المفزعة!
نيل جايمان هنا يمزج بعبقرية فذة بين أشنع تيمات الرعب، وبين أعذب ملامح قصص الأطفال.
تحياتي يا جايمان، فقد نجحتَ تماما في إثارة هلعي كبالغ، وانب
Lexy Guido
*** 3 STARS***

POP SUGAR READING CHALLENGE 2016 A GRAPHIC NOVEL

Desde hace tiempo quería leer novelas graficas, y decidí empezar con una sencilla.

La leí súper rápido, me gusto la historia es entretenida, aunque las imágenes no me agradaron del todo, me hubiera gustado que fueran mas oscuras, mas creppys.

Sin duda veré la película que parece tener mas ese toque de terror.

Mi personaje favorito fue el gato sin nombre.
Rebecca McNutt
I've read some terrible book-to-comic adaptations before, but Coraline isn't one of them. Beautifully (and sometimes creepily) drawn, full of quirky and unforgettable characters, and set in both reality and fantasy, this is one graphic novel that everyone can enjoy.
Cara Marie
Jul 04, 2008 Cara Marie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
My rating here is for the graphic novel as an adapation, rather than for the story itself. I should probably stop reading comic adaptions of Neil Gaiman's books, because they never seem to really sing.

Part of it is how this is a very straight adaptation - I would have preferred it to have relied less on the boxes of text narrative, which seem to generally be taken straight from the book. The comic doesn't do anything other than what the book does, which I find disappointing in an adaptation. I'd
Sarah Churchill
As usual, I love Gaiman's original story. This adaptation is both hit and miss for me. I enjoyed the illustrations and the story felt a little fleshed out and more... immersive? That comes from having visuals to support the story I suppose.

BUT Coraline looks a lot older than she 'should' from the original story, which turns it into a story about an ungrateful petulant pre-teen rather than a little girl, and that made me lose a little sympathy for her. Nobody likes a sulky teen (pre-teen or othe
Ferdy

Liked it. The story was interesting and fast paced, the characters weren't anything special but they were decent enough. Coraline was likeable, the talking cat was fairly witty, and the other mother was a good baddie… She was a little camp in her evulness but not in a bad way though.
There were some parts that were quite creepy, like the bad guys having buttons for eyes, and the other mother wanting to take Coraline's eyes out so she could sew buttons on her instead. The parts with the
Karin
I was extremely excited when I saw the Coraline in graphic novel form. When the book first came out I totally fell in love with it. For a children’s book, it was completely frightening. The graphic novel does a great job of hitting the high points of the story and the illustrations are great, but I don’t think it should be used as a replacement for the original book. The illustrations that are in the book publication are even creepier than the color illustrations in the graphic novel. For exampl ...more
Nicolo Yu
Jan 03, 2016 Nicolo Yu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
P. Craig Russell's adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Coraline isn't as dark as the movie but I wouldn't say this graphic novel was all sunshine either. It is still a dark enough story to thrill children and give adults nightmares, just as Gaiman intended his novel to be.

This was a great read, as I did found the empty time in between errands the perfect time to read a story set in between the hidden pockets of reality. I found myself favoring this adaptation to the movie as Russell really knows how to
Rubén
Segundo libro de Neil Gaiman que leo, sin lugar a dudas mucho mejor que las historias cortas.

Muchos ya conoceran la historia de Coraline gracias a la película, yo la ví pero honestamente no recordaba mucho la trama. Me agrada el personaje ya que no es la típica niña que necesita ayuda de todo mundo o que según las leyendas es una gran asesina pero a la mera hora no mata ni una mosca, coff coff Celeana de Trono de Cristal coff coff.

Libro ampliamente recomendable y esta versión es muy buena ya que
Kat
Basic plot: Coraline is largely overlooked by her parents and ends up in a parallel world where her "other mother" is overly interested in Coraline.

Ah, the basic problem of being a kid: either your parents aren't interested enough or are too interested. This is one of the paradoxes of parenting. Finding a happy medium is nigh impossible.

The art for the graphic novel is good, but not mind-blowing. After having seen the movie, the art really threw me off. Nothing looked the same at all (not that t
Eli Bishop
Jan 05, 2009 Eli Bishop rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Good story; adaptation was a big disappointment. P. Craig Russell has done some great comics, and at worst he still draws a very pretty picture, but this was mostly flat and literal-minded. The characters aren't very expressive (Coraline, who looks about 15 and very conventionally pretty, often just seems bored and mildly worried) and, with a few exceptions, the backgrounds aren't either... so it's hard to tell why Coraline would ever think the other house or the Other Mother was particularly co ...more
Tisha
Mar 13, 2016 Tisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well it's Neil Gaiman so that automatically means this is a four or five star book, right?

Coraline (not Caroline!) is the heroine in this graphic novel. The heroine is not a ninja or witch or superhero however, she is a little girl! A little girl who will never look at buttons the same way again!

I'm new reading graphic novels, however I thought the illustrations were wonderful! Especially the black cat.

Now that I've tested the water in the graphic novel genre I cannot wait to read more. I can o
Fede Valotta
Mar 22, 2016 Fede Valotta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, read-marzo-2016
<3 Coraline <3
Robin
Jul 21, 2008 Robin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like quirky graphic novels
This is the second graphic novel adaptation of a young adult novel that I've read recently. The first was Artemis Fowl which I liked and now this one. Oddly enough the written version of Coraline seemed much darker to me than this version so as much as I liked it, I didn't think it was as creepy and disturbing as the original.
Aseel

This book is meant to be a movie
Watched it with my neices thousands of times
Reading the book was OK
There's one extra character in the movie though
THE MOVIE IS A MUST WATCH
Anilla
Apr 17, 2016 Anilla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me hubiese gustado leer la novela primero... peeeeero como ya había visto la peli, no me pareció mal hacer todo al revés :P

Me gustó. Tal vez unas 3.5 de 5 estrellas para esta adaptación de la novela. Al principio me parecía bastante entrecortada la narración y el pasaje de escena a escena. Luego adquirió más dinámica, o era que ya me había acostumbrado al formato, no sé.

Los dibujos me gustaron mucho, tenían un pequeño aire a los de Locke & Key (al menos así los percibí yo). Tengo entendido
JAM
Mar 29, 2016 JAM rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really creepy. That's where I'll leave it. All in all though it was a good book.
Megan
Wow. I skimmed through some other reviews after finishing this and a lot of people really don't like the graphic novel version of this book. I've never read the novel version so I can't compare the two myself but I guess I can understand how a reader might not want or agree with someone else's artistic interpretation of a beloved story since we all take something different from them. I have seen the film version though and I have to agree with those other reviewers that I preferred the darker, g ...more
Flor
Más allá de que sea re mil diferente de la película (no opino del libro porque no lo leí... porque hace tiempo comencé con El libro del cementerio y no me gustó cómo escribía Gaiman. He pecado, I know. Algún día volveré a darle una oportunidad), lo amé.

Creo que Gaiman es el R.L. Stine (en cuanto a ideas) de nuestro siglo. Me disculparán, pero Coraline, película e historia en sí, colmó mis pesadillas durante mucho tiempo... y eso que la descubrí cuando ya estaba bastante mayorcita, eh. Y no pude
Kristina
Oct 18, 2015 Kristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Neil Gaiman. I will always love him. That being said, I have never read the book Coraline, or seen the movie. I did enjoy this graphic novel though (loved the art) and I now have definite plans to do both.
Brooke
Jan 12, 2015 Brooke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fansty-horror
Be courageous. Be bold. Take risks. For genre de jour I read a distinguished book called Coraline by Neil Gailmen. The genre of this book is fantasy and horror. Coraline was about this family that moved to a new house that was very different. The main character of my book is named Coraline. Coraline is mysterious and loves exploring. She likes to do stuff on her own and take risks. When she started to explore around the new house, she seems to find strange and frightening things about this home. ...more
kaśyap
The art style was quite flat. It didn't create the proper atmosphere.
Erma Talamante
I seen the 'animated' version of this, borrowed from the library at my kids' request. I was not a big fan of that version, but I rather like the Neil Gaiman books I've read in the past, so I thought I'd give a written version a go before I wrote this story off as 'eh'. While the library had all other versions checked out, this adapted one was available, so I got it. If nothing else, I told myself, I would get a kick out of the illustrations.

Man, am I glad I picked this one up, and gave the story
Ahmad
Apr 02, 2015 Ahmad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book but the movie was better
2015 Reading Chal...: Coraline by Neil Gaiman 3 25 Aug 03, 2015 08:40AM
  • The Facts in the Case of the Departure of Miss Finch
  • Honey, I Love and Other Love Poems
  • Lola
  • The Savage
  • Wonderland
  • Janes in Love (Janes, #2)
  • Courtney Crumrin in the Twilight Kingdom (Courtney Crumrin, #3)
  • The Great Gatsby Graphic Novel
  • Tales from Outer Suburbia
  • Owly, Vol. 5: Tiny Tales (Owly, #5)
  • Copper
  • Emiko Superstar
  • Brain Camp
  • The Storm in the Barn
  • I Wanna Be Your Shoebox
  • I Am a Taxi
  • Alia's Mission: Saving the Books of Iraq

“Sharper than a serpent's tooth is a daughter's ingratitude. Still, the proudest spirits can be broken, with love.” 6 likes
“No. I'm not the other anything. I'm me.
(Não. Eu não sou outro, nada. Eu sou eu.)”
0 likes