Start by marking “Project Management: The Managerial Process (Irwin/Mcgraw Hill Series in Operations and Decision Sciences.)” as Want to Read:

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  174 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
This handbook is a road map for managing any type of project -- technology, R&D, engineering technology, construction, pharmaceutical, or manufacturing.
Published September 28th 1999 by McGraw-Hill Inc.,US (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Project Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Management

Eric Herr
Dec 10, 2010 Eric Herr rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Aspiring Project Manager
This is the text for my current Masters course in Project Management. Written by an Oregon State University professor (Larson) and a professor emeritus from OSU (Gray). Good text with helpful information but the layout is bit dull. Another 5 weeks in the course so my impression may change.

I found this book to be an excellent reference throughout the course and while developing a plan for a project at work. A bit stiff but useful and acceptably readable.
Tom Armstrong
Apr 30, 2011 Tom Armstrong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as text books go, this was an excellent one. Great examples, easy to read, a level of detail for almost any reader. If it weren't a text book (and thus inherently boring) it would probably get 5 stars.
Fran
I expected a dry text, especially as this was a required class for an MA in Geographic Information Technology I was pursuing. Project management sounded like one of those tedious classes. But the book was pretty good, and informative, and I ended up really liking the class as well. The text made me want to consider continuing on in the field of project management someday. The accompanying CD and sofware was easy to use and an asset to the book and class.

Best of all, I found out Erik Larson is a
Ashutosh
May 22, 2014 Ashutosh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readagain
This is the text book for the advanced course on Project management at GURU GOBIND SINGH INDRAPRASTHA UNIVERSITY, DELHI: MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (WE), Consultancy. The course has the following objective.

"Objectives: The objective of this course is to provide advanced understanding of various aspects of Project Management to the students to understand and apply these techniques to solve practical problems and become an effective Project Manager".

The theoretical text has been complimen
Gaby
Good book to learn how to manage your small and big projects.
Brianna
Another text book to review. There's a lot about proejct management that focuses on the people involved, which makes sense to me. It doesn't matter what your process is, without the right people you won't be successful and your projects won't turn out the way you want.
Husain Haider
Aug 02, 2013 Husain Haider rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I studied Software Engineering 2, I read this book. The book is clear with great examples and I keep this book with me. I use it when ever I need to participate in a project.
loafingcactus
Very clearly written book which proceeds stepwise through the concepts and examples, including earned value scenarios.
Tanya Hakala
Nov 27, 2011 Tanya Hakala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another basic overview of concepts, but this one was pretty good. I can see myself referring back to it again.
Sohail Khattak
Jun 08, 2010 Sohail Khattak is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i learned how to manage the projects and different activities.
Waheeth
This book is amazing, the concept is well explained by problems
Jayaram
THIS BOOK IS NICE
Rania
Rania marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Shubhi
Shubhi marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Claudya Audy
Claudya Audy marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Mina
Mina marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Antonio Sanniravong
Antonio Sanniravong rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Sanjoy
Sanjoy marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Mia French
Mia French marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Ly
Ly marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Absharina Mirranti
Absharina Mirranti marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Shafiq
Shafiq marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Hamdan
Hamdan marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Susannah
Susannah marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Jean Burch
Jean Burch marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Najeeb Jakhrani
Najeeb Jakhrani marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
  • Idea Mapping: How to Access Your Hidden Brain Power, Learn Faster, Remember More, and Achieve Success in Business
  • Introduction to Information Retrieval
  • Guide to Economic Indicators: Making Sense of Economics
  • Harvard Business Review on Making Smart Decisions
  • SQL in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference
  • Complete MBA For Dummies
  • The Heart of Change: Real-Life Stories of How People Change Their Organizations
  • Driving Technical Change
  • Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide
  • Research Methods for Business Students
  • Exploring Corporate Strategy

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »