Start by marking “Project Management: The Managerial Process (Irwin/Mcgraw Hill Series in Operations and Decision Sciences.)” as Want to Read:

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  140 ratings  ·  11 reviews
This handbook is a road map for managing any type of project -- technology, R&D, engineering technology, construction, pharmaceutical, or manufacturing.
Published September 28th 1999 by McGraw-Hill Inc.,US (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Project Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Management

Eric Herr
Dec 10, 2010 Eric Herr rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Aspiring Project Manager
This is the text for my current Masters course in Project Management. Written by an Oregon State University professor (Larson) and a professor emeritus from OSU (Gray). Good text with helpful information but the layout is bit dull. Another 5 weeks in the course so my impression may change.

I found this book to be an excellent reference throughout the course and while developing a plan for a project at work. A bit stiff but useful and acceptably readable.
Tom Armstrong
As far as text books go, this was an excellent one. Great examples, easy to read, a level of detail for almost any reader. If it weren't a text book (and thus inherently boring) it would probably get 5 stars.
Fran
I expected a dry text, especially as this was a required class for an MA in Geographic Information Technology I was pursuing. Project management sounded like one of those tedious classes. But the book was pretty good, and informative, and I ended up really liking the class as well. The text made me want to consider continuing on in the field of project management someday. The accompanying CD and sofware was easy to use and an asset to the book and class.

Best of all, I found out Erik Larson is a
Ashutosh
This is the text book for the advanced course on Project management at GURU GOBIND SINGH INDRAPRASTHA UNIVERSITY, DELHI: MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (WE), Consultancy. The course has the following objective.

"Objectives: The objective of this course is to provide advanced understanding of various aspects of Project Management to the students to understand and apply these techniques to solve practical problems and become an effective Project Manager".

The theoretical text has been complimen
Brianna
Another text book to review. There's a lot about proejct management that focuses on the people involved, which makes sense to me. It doesn't matter what your process is, without the right people you won't be successful and your projects won't turn out the way you want.
Husain Haider
When I studied Software Engineering 2, I read this book. The book is clear with great examples and I keep this book with me. I use it when ever I need to participate in a project.
loafingcactus
Very clearly written book which proceeds stepwise through the concepts and examples, including earned value scenarios.
Tanya Hakala
Another basic overview of concepts, but this one was pretty good. I can see myself referring back to it again.
Sohail Khattak
Jun 08, 2010 Sohail Khattak is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i learned how to manage the projects and different activities.
Waheeth
This book is amazing, the concept is well explained by problems
Jayaram
THIS BOOK IS NICE
Frederik
Frederik marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Neville
Neville marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Rajesh Babu
Rajesh Babu marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Alexandra Dickerson
Alexandra Dickerson marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Gareth Connolly
Gareth Connolly is currently reading it
May 02, 2015
Kimberly O'Kane
Kimberly O'Kane marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Lilhandril
Lilhandril marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Muhammad Sadiq
Muhammad Sadiq marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Roshan Neupane
Roshan Neupane marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Yudeesha
Yudeesha marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Roman
Roman marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
  • Introduction to Information Retrieval
  • Systems Analysis and Design Methods
  • Research Methods for Business Students
  • SQL in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference
  • The Heart of Change: Real-Life Stories of How People Change Their Organizations
  • Guide to Economic Indicators: Making Sense of Economics
  • Exploring Corporate Strategy
  • The Power of Impossible Thinking: Transform the Business of Your Life and the Life of Your Business [With CDROM]
  • Harvard Business Review on Making Smart Decisions
  • Developing Management Skills
  • Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage
  • Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guides)
  • Operations Management For Competitive Advantage
Essentials of Project Management Project Management: The Managerial Process with Student CD and MS Project CD (McGraw-Hill/Irwin Series Operations and Decision Sciences) by Clifford F. Gray and Erik W. Larson Project Management: The Managerial Process Project Management: The Managerial Process