Start by marking “Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #1)

Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #1)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  8,087 ratings  ·  72 reviews
Hibino Tsubaki is a young girl starting her freshman year of high school who is addicted to one thing - doing hair. Although she does not have the confidence to make herself look cute wearing "in style" clothing and great hairstyles, she enjoys creating cute hair styles for her little sister. In her new high school, it is a custom to have the top scoring student make the e ...more
Published January 25th 2008 by Shogakukan (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriYotsuba&!, Vol. 01 by Kiyohiko AzumaMaid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraElectric Daisy, Vol. 1 by Kyousuke MotomiSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki Nakamura
Best Comedy Manga
9th out of 44 books — 75 voters
Boys Over Flowers by Yoko KamioOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoStepping on Roses, Vol. 1 by Rinko UedaAbsolute Boyfriend, Vol. 01 by Yuu Watase
Most Overdramatic Shoujo Manga
10th out of 58 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

Lottie Eve
Okay... So the guy makes the girl feel bad about herself, forcefully kisses her, and even molested her. But don't worry. THIS IS ONLY HOW THEIR LOVE BEGINS!

❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
I still remember reading this and being annoyed at the heroines big face. She was whiny and complaining all the fucking time. And the boy was a stinking jackass (who was obviously hot =_=) As well what kind of plot is "miss apparently perfect girl gets annoyed when seeing classmate/hot guy's long hair and chops it all off?! Oh and the idiot demands money for hair. For what? Hair extensions ? a wig? And this series drags onto 10+ volumes! Amazing, the absurdity.
K0haku
The series started out okay until the middle volumes, where the female protagonist's whining became utterly unbearable, even for avid fan of shoujo manga like me. I mean, there should be some development for the female protagonist too.

Dropping it now, just can't read it anymore after stomaching 30 to 40 something chapters.
Despair Speaking
It just wasn't my type. I got bored and moved on to another manga. Sorry to those who actually like this manga. Oh, and it already has an OVA for it. Didn't watch it though.
Robin
I tried to like this, but the characters just pissed me off so much.

Tsubaki (girl) is the typical Mary Sue, letting Tsubaki (guy) forcefully kiss her and attempt to rape her. But, instead of doing the mindful thing of running as far away as possible, she just stands there and takes it (or she cries).

description

Tsubaki (guy), well you can imagine I wasn't a fan.

description

Seriously, there's one chapter where she breaks up with him, and he immediately acts like a fucking toolbag and hits on girls RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER.
Chibineko
I'm only about 6 volumes in and so far I'm shocked that this hasn't been picked up by an English publisher. It's cute, it's already completed, and best of all, the story is rather good.

This is a typical manga plot: geeky girl (who is really a hottie but doesn't know it) meets popular hot guy, the two date but have various problems standing in their way. In a very tenuous way it's similar to Kare Kano in that both of them are overachievers, the guy has a bunch of personal demons relating to his
Carly
Hääää?
Er mobbt sie ständig, gönnt ihr keinen Erfolg, drängt sich ihr auf und reißt ihr die Kleidung vom Körper, aber dennoch verliebt sie sich in ihn?

Was?

Band zwei habe ich auch hier. Wird das noch besser? (Wohl kaum, oder?)
Courtney
Stumbled across it on MangaFox. I don't know if I've ever seen a translated edition of this.

It's a cute series.

It opens with Tsubaki, an old-fashioned girl starting her first day of high school. Unfortunately for her, one of her first acts is to make an enemy of the most popular boy in school.

The series follows the pair over the next four years of school through the ups and downs of their relationship.

It's a cute series. The art is somewhat similar to that of fruits basket. (And probably half
ies
Nov 23, 2014 ies rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Buku 1 - 16 deh ^^, komen gw : lebih bagus dari HoneyxHoney Drop ehehe... ga ada bulling nya dan bener2 si Kyouta Tsubaki nya aih... bener2 deh, khas manga LOL

Hibino Tsubaki, Si Showa girl, pokoknya jadul banget dari cara dandan, cara berpakaian dan kelakuan. Hibino juga anak yg amat sangat berbakti, pinter, pokoknya anak cewe impian semua ibu deh. Hibino selalu menjadi anak terpintar di sekolahnya sampai saat dia masuk SMA dan mendapati kalau dia hanya "ranking 2" dan lebih kesel lagi pas tau
Eka Masih SMA
Untuk seri pertama ini, lumayan la ceritanya.. Lumayan bagus hahaha.

Lucu ni cewek, dia pintar mendandani orang, dan sebenarnya dia pintar mendadani dirinya sendiri. Sayang, dia tak pede. Banyak orang yang berhasil dia bikin jadi makin ganteng dan cantik dengan hasil tatanan rambutnya, termasuk Kyota, si cowok gondrong yang rambutnya dipotong secara sengaja oleh Tsubaki (awalnya karena kesal). Hasilnya..? aaaaa... Kyota kok ganteng banget yaaa Dah populer, makin populer lah dia.

Sedangkan untuk d
Badriya  Bintuwaih
How did I fall in love with this #manga I am not even sure. I just opened it and fall for it from the first sight. This is what they call a #love from the first sight.

Tsubaki is a high school girl who love to style the #hair of her smaller sister but never style her own hair because she things it doesn't suet her. She looks like from the #Showa era where she is old fashioned and a hard working student.

Kyouta is a popular dude (like always every manga have these kind of character). He is much i
Jenny
[Ch. 1-4:]

I really, really hope the main character of this manga doesn't get controlled by the guy main character. I forgot their names, but I know their last names are both Tsubaki.. haha, I still suck. I guess I'm bad with names.

The girl, though, really needs to stop wearing her hair in braids. Seriously, she looks so much better when she styles her hair before school.
Lei
Apr 06, 2015 Lei rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
Overall rating for the manga series: 1.5 stars.
The extra .5 star is for Kyouta who actually changed in the course of the series. I think I wasted my time reading this and I finished it just for the sake of finishing it because the story infuriates me like no other. Especially in the beginning. The male MC is jerk and the female MC is so frakin' annoying! And the situations they're in and how they responded to whatever is happening are irritating. I keep hoping that it will get better because ho
Gulen
İlk Volume'ı okumuştum netten, en popüler mangalarda en üst sıralarda zaten, güzel başladı aslında; ama uzayıp gidecek gibi bir imaj bıraktı bende o sebeple bıraktım ama yeniden başlanabilir..Çizimleri güzeldi.
Mojca Jančar
One of the best shojo manga ever. Although I hate the way Tsubaki is being a typical shojo girl but Kyouta kinda soften this with his douchebag attitude. And yeah I think that Kyouta is douchebag but that suits him perfectly and that's also what makes him kinda hot and cool and that's the thing that I like about him(although you might not be able to understand it and you'll think that I am weird - I don't care). Kyouta really is a cool character but I think that he's even cooler at the beginning ...more
Aisyah ❣ฅ(⌯▾ ˑ̫ ▾⌯͒)ฅ
Kanan Minami produces the best shojo manga and I love her work, this is my favourite of hers among so many others.

Ely
KYOU, KOI WO HAJIMEMASU!!
i <3 this manga so much that sometimes i think i might die.! XD
This is such an awesome story! The Guy and the girl and AAAAHHH!!!
i just love it!! Tsubaki2 4ever!! XD <3
Marty-chan
I keep reading it every now and then. I just can't get enough of it. A few other mangas make me feel this way: Itazura na kiss, Hana yori dango, Hapi Mari and Kobato *w*
Silvia  Gutierrez
This Review is for all the series including the last to extra chapters.

3 stars.

If you by some miracle manage to get pass the previous of the romance (Around 20 Chaps??), you will enjoy this. It was so bad at the beginning, so many Cliches, so bad in many things that was entertaining, I couldn't believe I was reading a full published manga, with so many Views in the manga pages and that it was so bad. So basically I manage to laugh all my might into the bad things I enjoyed the whole thing to the
Phrem (Smut Junkie)
I've already read this before I joined Goodreads. I was an Otaku way back then but I'm still a fan of this series.
Linny
This manga is okay I tried reading twice but it got so boring so I will not be continuing.
Diana Escamilla

Entretenido, lindo y divertido.

*Fue probablemente mi primer manga*
Alex
Love begins sarà la mia rovina!
Lo adoro *.*
Neko
Mar 23, 2014 Neko rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
My written review is for the entire series, not just for this volume. My star ratings are based on the individual installments.

The story begins in your standard shōjo smut fashion--the most popular guy teases and torments the most plain girl in the class, playing the part of tough guy until he predictably falls in love with her. His tendency to force himself upon her was mildly amusing to me. The twosome's bickering, flirting, and kissing is actually pretty entertaining. I really enjoyed the ch
Jojo
Dec 31, 2009 Jojo added it
The best manga ever...Love it so much
Gaby
Have mostly read all vol.
Brandi
Kanan Minami's "Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01" is a typical manga, with the standard whiny protagonist (Hibino Tsubaki) and the obnoxious antagonist (at least at the beginning), Kyouta. The artwork in this series is top-notch, even if the story isn't quite as original as some of the other series out there. It is quite amusing, though there are some times the characters could be rather annoying. Kyouta does change more throughout the series, and whereas he may become more likable, it does seem ...more
HaveYouSeenThisGirL Denny
I'm still on Vol. 13, waiting for other volumes to be out here in Italy. (I heard vol. 14 is already out, going to buy that soon) So far I'm liking this manga, I've read it before in the net but I didn't finish it there, I read only a few chapters because I wanted to read this in print (the feeling is different LOL reading in print is always better) The drawing is cute and I really like the characters except that Hibino is sometimes whiny about their relationship, she's too attached to her boyfr ...more
Jane
Sep 20, 2014 Jane rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jane by: Heike
That's supposed to be a love story?

A guy harasses a girl and what does the girl do? Fall in love with him. Although, she says that he's despicable and "the worst", she still goes out on a date with him. Really don't get the girl...

But I'll continue reading since one of my friends gave the series a 5 star rating. There goes nothing, but I hope that the story is better in the future.
Hayls
really amazing manga alot of them these days with this kind of romance are so repetitive but I found myself suprised alot and sunken right into it. Some of it sucked yeah and some was predictable but if u love it from the get go u jus end up not minding. its a complete manga and has a ending also. Have to say out of all the manga ive read similar to this its one of my top favorites.
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 01
  • Ai Hime ~ Ai to Himegoto, Vol. 01
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 1] (Faster than a Kiss #1)
  • Love Celeb 1
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 2 (Dengeki Daisy, #2)
  • Love Monster, Vol. 1
  • わたしに××しなさい! 1 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #1)
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 1
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 1)
  • Private Prince , Vol. 01
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 01
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 01 (Midnight Secretary, #1)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 06 (Maid-sama!, #6)
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 01 (Barajou no Kiss, #1)
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 1
  • Backstage Prince, Vol. 1 (Backstage Prince, #1)
Kanan Minami (水波 風南) is a shōjo manga artist. She is best known for Honey x Honey Drops, which has been licensed in multiple languages and adapted as an original video animation (OVA). Her current series, Kyō, Koi o Hajimemasu, is a bestseller that regularly appears on the Tohan comics charts. She writes mainly for Shōjo Comic.
More about Kanan Minami...

Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 02 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #2)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 03 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #3)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 04 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #4)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 05 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #5)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 06 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #6)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 07 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #7)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 08 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #8)
  • Hoy comienza nuestro amor, 09 (kyou, koi wo hajimemasu, #9)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 10 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #10)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 11 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #11)
Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 02 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #2) Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 04 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #4) Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 03 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #3) Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 06 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #6) Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 05 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #5)