Start by marking “Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #1)

Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #1)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  9,404 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
Hibino Tsubaki is a young girl starting her freshman year of high school who is addicted to one thing - doing hair. Although she does not have the confidence to make herself look cute wearing "in style" clothing and great hairstyles, she enjoys creating cute hair styles for her little sister. In her new high school, it is a custom to have the top scoring student make the e ...more
Published January 25th 2008 by Shogakukan (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01, please sign up.

Michelle Ahinkurah manga park and manga fox! it was a great read

Lottie Eve
Jul 18, 2013 Lottie Eve rated it it was ok
Okay... So the guy makes the girl feel bad about herself, forcefully kisses her, and even molested her. But don't worry. THIS IS ONLY HOW THEIR LOVE BEGINS!

Tamara
1,5 stars

Full Manga Review

I’ve been re-reading this manga for like two past days and boy am I pissed?

AM I PISSED?

YOU BET I AM PISSED!!

Somebody invent a time machine so that I can go back to past to ask myself why the fuck I enjoyed this piece of shit? I want to rip out the volumes and use them as rags to clean the floor.

I dont know where to begin. I used to love this manga to death! I remember really liking the storyline in the beginning. I remember being so excited for each chapter update. The
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
I still remember reading this and being annoyed at the heroines big face. She was whiny and complaining all the fucking time. And the boy was a stinking jackass (who was obviously hot =_=) As well what kind of plot is "miss apparently perfect girl gets annoyed when seeing classmate/hot guy's long hair and chops it all off?! Oh and the idiot demands money for hair. For what? Hair extensions ? a wig? And this series drags onto 10+ volumes! Amazing, the absurdity.
Robin
Jun 28, 2014 Robin rated it it was ok
I tried to like this, but the characters just pissed me off so much.

Tsubaki (girl) is the typical Mary Sue, letting Tsubaki (guy) forcefully kiss her and attempt to rape her. But, instead of doing the mindful thing of running as far away as possible, she just stands there and takes it (or she cries).

description

Tsubaki (guy), well you can imagine I wasn't a fan.

description

Seriously, there's one chapter where she breaks up with him, and he immediately acts like a fucking toolbag and hits on girls RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER.
Anusha Narasimhan
I can't believe I read all 15 volumes of this manga. There are some cute moments in later volumes, which is why I give this series 2 stars, but I hate the MCs and the plot. Had I used my don't-quit mantra on something useful other than reading this book, I would have gotten somewhere. Now, all I've got is a headache and an urge to lecture young girls to strengthen their spine and stay away from creeps like the male MC.
Neko~chan
This manga. Ugh.

[entire review is ridden with spoilers probably, so read at your own risk]

(view spoiler)
Amber Hetchler
Jul 05, 2016 Amber Hetchler rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Da fuck did I just read?

In a typical Shojo manga, many heroines tend to think of the love interest's behaviour as sexual harassment and they call them a pervert and what not. They're not really, the heroine is just shy and modest, not used to a relationship. But in this one THE HERO REALLY IS A FUCKING PERVERT RAPIST MOLESTER. I was uncomfortable the whole time because Tsubaki was almost raped and constantly getting groped and later she's sitting in her room wondering how she fell in love with
Maye
Jul 23, 2016 Maye rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This was the second time that I read this manga and yet I still can't get enough of it.

Tsubaki and Kyouta is just a perfect couple. I loved how much they grew, both individually and as a couple. I admit that I cringed to a few problems that they went through but I'm happy that they were able to push through it and became stronger than ever. I loved their devotion and faith to each other and just everything about their romance.

All in all, this manga is probably one of my favorites, ever. I'm sure
K0haku
Feb 09, 2012 K0haku rated it did not like it
The series started out okay until the middle volumes, where the female protagonist's whining became utterly unbearable, even for avid fan of shoujo manga like me. I mean, there should be some development for the female protagonist too.

Dropping it now, just can't read it anymore after stomaching 30 to 40 something chapters.
Despair Speaking
Sep 12, 2012 Despair Speaking rated it did not like it
It just wasn't my type. I got bored and moved on to another manga. Sorry to those who actually like this manga. Oh, and it already has an OVA for it. Didn't watch it though.
Mary
Dec 30, 2016 Mary rated it did not like it
It's the shit shojo all over again!

Abusive love interest and more! NOPE
Badriya  Bintuwaih
Sep 15, 2014 Badriya Bintuwaih rated it it was amazing
How did I fall in love with this #manga I am not even sure. I just opened it and fall for it from the first sight. This is what they call a #love from the first sight.

Tsubaki is a high school girl who love to style the #hair of her smaller sister but never style her own hair because she things it doesn't suet her. She looks like from the #Showa era where she is old fashioned and a hard working student.

Kyouta is a popular dude (like always every manga have these kind of character). He is much i
Chibineko
Jan 03, 2013 Chibineko rated it really liked it
I'm only about 6 volumes in and so far I'm shocked that this hasn't been picked up by an English publisher. It's cute, it's already completed, and best of all, the story is rather good.

This is a typical manga plot: geeky girl (who is really a hottie but doesn't know it) meets popular hot guy, the two date but have various problems standing in their way. In a very tenuous way it's similar to Kare Kano in that both of them are overachievers, the guy has a bunch of personal demons relating to his
Courtney
Aug 01, 2012 Courtney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dallas & Kimi
Stumbled across it on MangaFox. I don't know if I've ever seen a translated edition of this.

It's a cute series.

It opens with Tsubaki, an old-fashioned girl starting her first day of high school. Unfortunately for her, one of her first acts is to make an enemy of the most popular boy in school.

The series follows the pair over the next four years of school through the ups and downs of their relationship.

It's a cute series. The art is somewhat similar to that of fruits basket. (And probably half
Lei
Apr 06, 2015 Lei rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
Overall rating for the manga series: 1.5 stars.
The extra .5 star is for Kyouta who actually changed in the course of the series. I think I wasted my time reading this and I finished it just for the sake of finishing it because the story infuriates me like no other. Especially in the beginning. The male MC is jerk and the female MC is so frakin' annoying! And the situations they're in and how they responded to whatever is happening are irritating. I keep hoping that it will get better because ho
Leanne Crabtree
I wasn't entirely drawn into this.

I didn't quite understand the whole cutting his hair thing and him deciding then to want to date her but at the same time I wouldn't mind continuing on for a few volumes to see where it goes.

I wasn't as into the artwork as well but maybe that's because it's only my second look at a manga comic after finishing off my lovely Blue Spring Ride series, which I loved.

Off to start volume 2.
Gulen
Dec 04, 2012 Gulen rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
İlk Volume'ı okumuştum netten, en popüler mangalarda en üst sıralarda zaten, güzel başladı aslında; ama uzayıp gidecek gibi bir imaj bıraktı bende o sebeple bıraktım ama yeniden başlanabilir..Çizimleri güzeldi.
Carly
Hääää?
Er mobbt sie ständig, gönnt ihr keinen Erfolg, drängt sich ihr auf und reißt ihr die Kleidung vom Körper, aber dennoch verliebt sie sich in ihn?

Was?

Band zwei habe ich auch hier. Wird das noch besser? (Wohl kaum, oder?)
Aisyah ( ´ ▽ ` ).。o♡
Kanan Minami produces the best shojo manga and I love her work, this is my favourite of hers among so many others.

Ely
Oct 03, 2011 Ely rated it it was amazing
KYOU, KOI WO HAJIMEMASU!!
i <3 this manga so much that sometimes i think i might die.! XD
This is such an awesome story! The Guy and the girl and AAAAHHH!!!
i just love it!! Tsubaki2 4ever!! XD <3
Phrem (Smut Junkie)
Dec 25, 2012 Phrem (Smut Junkie) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I've already read this before I joined Goodreads. I was an Otaku way back then but I'm still a fan of this series.
Linny
Mar 07, 2011 Linny rated it it was ok
This manga is okay I tried reading twice but it got so boring so I will not be continuing.
Jojo
Dec 31, 2009 Jojo added it
The best manga ever...Love it so much
Alex
Nov 09, 2013 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love begins sarà la mia rovina!
Lo adoro *.*
Diana Escamilla
Jun 29, 2014 Diana Escamilla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga

Entretenido, lindo y divertido.

*Fue probablemente mi primer manga*
Gaby
Mar 24, 2010 Gaby rated it it was amazing
Have mostly read all vol.
Marian
Nov 28, 2016 Marian rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I really enjoyed this manga!! I mean, in the beginning Kyouta's attitude pissed me off a lot, but as the manga progressed, and he grew as a person, I began to like him. I always liked Tsubaki's character, her character isn't perfect, and at points she annoyed me (especially her naivete), but her character was 100% realistic and I found myself cheering for her all throughout the manga. I also enjoyed a lot how Tsubaki grows, I personally identified with her in many instances.
The art was okay, it
Raquel Leite
Apr 06, 2016 Raquel Leite rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangá, inglês
*Opinião geral*

Tsubaki é uma rapariga completamente normal, que acabou de entrar numa escola que não desejava, na verdade não teve média para entrar na que queria então veio parar a esta. Ela é uma rapariga muito convencional e certinha, ao contrário da sua irmã mais nova, que é toda fashion e cheia de estilo, anda com muitos rapazes e não se preocupa muito com isso. Mas ela adora a irmã embora a ache muito conservadora, confia nela principalmente os seus
Patricia
Feb 13, 2017 Patricia rated it liked it
whenever I start reading a manga I always get hooked. I read this series within two days and I loved the story. I just thought that some of the story line needed to be expanded a little and not finish so abruptly. Hibino was such a cute character, strong and independent in some ways but annoying also. Kyouta was just gorgeous......as in most manga book I read the guys looks so much better than the girls.......sigh.....He was a bully at first but with a soft heart......
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 01
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 01
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 1] (Faster than a Kiss #1)
  • Love Celeb 1
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 1)
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 2 (Dengeki Daisy, #2)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 01
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 1
  • わたしに××しなさい! 1 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #1)
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 1
  • Love Monster, Vol. 1
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 01 (Midnight Secretary, #1)
  • Rockin' Heaven, Vol. 01
  • B.O.D.Y., Volume 1
  • Private Prince , Vol. 01
  • Kare First Love, Vol. 1 (Kare First Love, #1)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 02 (Maid-sama! #2)
  • Love So Life, Vol. 1 (Love So life, #1)
Kanan Minami (水波 風南) is a shōjo manga artist. She is best known for Honey x Honey Drops, which has been licensed in multiple languages and adapted as an original video animation (OVA). Her current series, Kyō, Koi o Hajimemasu, is a bestseller that regularly appears on the Tohan comics charts. She writes mainly for Shōjo Comic.
More about Kanan Minami...

Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 02 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #2)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 03 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #3)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 04 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #4)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 05 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #5)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 06 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #6)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 07 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #7)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 08 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #8)
  • Hoy comienza nuestro amor, 09 (kyou, koi wo hajimemasu, #9)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 10 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #10)
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 11 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu #11)