Start by marking “The Darkling Curse (Something Wickedly Weird, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Darkling Curse (Something Wickedly Weird, #4)

The Darkling Curse (Something Wickedly Weird #4)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Stanley's claim on Candlestick Hall (the old house that his Great Uncle Bart left to Stanley in his will) is being seriously questioned by a creepy family named the Darklings. They are obviously up to no good, and Stanley knows it, but how can he prove that Candlestick Hall is truly his?
Published August 18th 2009 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about The Darkling Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkling Curse

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri}
Oh my god, THE DARKLING CURSE is made out of adorableness. I don't usually pick up children's books but my 7 year old brother was reading it and he absolutely loved it - which is a lot coming from a kid who hates fiction books (he prefers to read history books - no I'm not kidding).

Though, admittedly THE DARKLING CURSE has a lot of flaws, I adored it. It's like Mould put all the things I love in children's lit in THE DARKLING CURSE - creepiness, morbid descriptions, and very very weird pictures
Stephanie
Stanley and Daisy face the Darkling family, who make a claim on Candlestick Hall and move in. Stanley has to prove legal ownership before the dastardly Darklings kill him!

Another entry in the Something Wickedly Weird series, this one opens with Stanley and Daisy discovering the secret to the Silver Casket and it's contents. They are all ready to begin their next adventure when a knock at door brings them face to face with the Darkling family. We don't learn any more about the silver casket or it
Go
I liked the mysterious Darkling family. They were creepy and devious, even the little children. Upon their arrival I liked how the crows darkened the mood at Candlestick Hall giving it a sense of foreboding. My favorite line in the book was by Victor Carelli in regards to the Darklings trying to redecorate the house with their belongings. While ownership of the hall was in dispute Victor told them they could not make changes; he said “I’m afraid you’ll have to take the picture of the little dog ...more
*Miss Fame*
This one was a bit more slower paced than the others, but I still enjoyed it! The ending was pretty fun. I was at the edge of my seat for about the last 40 pages or so. Once again, fantastic writing and illustrations by Chris Mould!

On to the next! I can't wait!
Katie
for Something Wickedly Weird: The Darkling Curse by Chris Mould.
Stanley's claim on Candlestick Hall is under question. The mansion was left to Stanley by his Great Uncle Bart. Stanley and Daisy have a mystery to solve to save Candlestick Hall.
Rosie
It was a little confusing to me since I hadn't read the other books in the series. I thought the story was a little thin, without much substance or character development. Nothing special.
Heidi
May 13, 2011 Heidi rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: tween
I still like this series, but each installment seems to contain less story than the last. It took me an hour to read it, and I don't feel a need to pick up the next one.
Emma
Jun 24, 2013 Emma rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kids 7 and up!
Shelves: read-in-2013
I really liked the book. The Darkling Curse, because it was a mystery.
Hayley
Jan 10, 2011 Hayley added it
Fun read with my six year old who loves things mysterious and spooky.
Mindy
Seth and I are completely caught up in this series!
Wendy
I really enjoyed it.
Manecita
Muy entretenido
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Jackie Cole
Jackie Cole is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2015
gkbowood
gkbowood marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Stephanie Hanauer
Stephanie Hanauer marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Caitlin Maddaline
Caitlin Maddaline marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Brie
Brie added it
May 18, 2015
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Tebzx
Tebzx marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Meredith Kariuki
Meredith Kariuki marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Chris Mould is the illustrator of Captain Beastlie’s Pirate Party, written by Lucy Coats. Chris went to art school at the age of sixteen. During this time, he did various jobs, from delivering papers to washing-up. He has won the Nottingham Children’s Book Award and been commended for the Sheffield. He loves his work and likes to write and draw the kind of books that he would have liked to have on
More about Chris Mould...

Something Wickedly Weird (6 books)
  • The Wooden Mile (Something Wickedly Weird #1)
  • The Icy Hand (Something Wickedly Weird, #2)
  • The Silver Casket (Something Wickedly Weird, #3)
  • Smugglers' Mine (Something Wickedly Weird, #5)
  • The Treasure Keepers (Something Wickedly Weird, #6)
The Wooden Mile (Something Wickedly Weird #1) The Icy Hand (Something Wickedly Weird, #2) The Silver Casket (Something Wickedly Weird, #3) Smugglers' Mine (Something Wickedly Weird, #5) The Treasure Keepers (Something Wickedly Weird, #6)