Start by marking “The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information: If You Thought You Knew All the Things You Didn't Need to Know - Think Again” as Want to Read:

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  15 reviews
From the creators of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Book of Useless Information-a collection of even greater insignificance.

More useless than ever before! Impress know-it-all friends with this all-new hodgepodge of frivolous facts and silly statistics that no one really needs to know. But honestly, how cool is it to find out that...

? There is a place in Maryland cal
Published July 7th 2009 by Perigee Books (first published August 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information

Todd Martin
The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information is basically a list of disjointed trivia spanning a wide variety of topics. The book seems designed for folks that read on the toilet (60% of the population does this according to the book) since you can pick it up and put it down without losing continuity (since there is no continuity to lose).

Some of this useless information is fascinating, some of it is surprising and a surprising amount of it is completely wrong. Unfortunately, the fact check
Sarah-Anne

? There is a place in Maryland called Monkey's Eyebrow
? Giving yellow flowers is a sign of bad luck in Russia
? One brow wrinkle is the result of 200,000 frowns
?
Dorotea
This was an interesting collection of facts to go through, but that is it. It is hard to rate this book, but I did like it. Some trivia was funny, some informational, some boring. The "I liked it" rating fits.
Jason
Just some good old fashioned useless info to tickle your fancy and your funny bone!
Michael
A fun enjoyable read. Full of great fun tidbits of information.
Angel
Finished this. Not marked higher because, as the label says, "I liked it" and that's it. This book, part of a series, is basically a collection of facts and trivia organized by topic. It makes for good reading when you just want to pick something up quick, drop it, then pick it up later. Yes, it also makes very good bathroom reading. And it does feature some interesting little facts. If you are into trivia, you need to give these books a look.
Jonathon
I've always enjoyed knowing useless information. Is it a bad thing that I'd say I knew at LEAST half of the stuff in this book before reading it? Now will have to find the rest of the books in this collection to read.
Juan Baez
It is hard to review/rate this book (just look at the title!). But for fun easy reading is just fine. Since I was a kid I just liked this kind of reading. I bought at the airport for some time killing.
Einar Nielsen
This is a book you pick up and read just a few facts and the put back down. This would never be a good read from start to end buts as, for example, a toilet book it does do its job well.
Katie
This is a great trivia book with a lot of interesting and unusual facts. I brought this with me on vacation and everyone loved it!
Jeannie
A quick, fun read but still the identical "useless information" that you can read in 101 other similar books.
Jess
I love books like this. The tales are often amusing and completely useless information. :)
Ryan
I enjoyed the fact that he has about 20 of these. Thats a great deal of useless info
Kayla
I love stuff like this.
Brian Morin
all of these are terrific!
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Lyg
Lyg marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Fa6amie
Fa6amie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Melissa Crady
Melissa Crady marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Donna D.
Donna D. marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
BookeWyrm
BookeWyrm marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
  • Fact. Fact. Bullsh*t!: Learn the Truth and Spot the Lie on Everything from Tequila-Made Diamonds to Tetris's Soviet Roots - Plus Tons of Other Totally Random Facts from Science, History and Beyond!
  • Mental Floss: Cocktail Party Cheat Sheets
  • Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac: 8,888 Questions in 365 Days
  • Listverse.com's Ultimate Book of Bizarre Lists: Fascinating Facts and Shocking Trivia on Movies, Music, Crime, Celebrities, History, and More
  • mental floss presents Instant Knowledge (Collins Gem)
  • How Do They Do That?
  • The People's Almanac Presents the Book of Lists
  • How Does Aspirin Find a Headache? : An Imponderables' Book
  • The Executioner Always Chops Twice: Ghastly Blunders on the Scaffold
  • 5 People Who Died During Sex: and 100 Other Terribly Tasteless Lists
  • The Ultimate Book of Top Ten Lists: A Mind-Boggling Collection of Fun, Fascinating and Bizarre Facts on Movies, Music, Sports, Crime, Celebrities, History, Trivia and More
  • An Underground Education: The Unauthorized and Outrageous Supplement to Everything You Thought You Knew About Art, Sex, Business, Crime, Science, Medicine, and Other Fields of Human Knowledge
  • You Did What?: Mad Plans and Great Historical Disasters
  • Book of Totally Useless Information
  • Under the Covers and between the Sheets: Facts and Trivia about the World's Greatest Books
  • The Geeks' Guide to World Domination: Be Afraid, Beautiful People
  • What Einstein Told His Barber: More Scientific Answers to Everyday Questions
  • mental floss presents Condensed Knowledge: A Deliciously Irreverent Guide to Feeling Smart Again
The Book of Useless Information The Ultimate Book of Useless Information: A Few Thousand More Things You Might Need to Know (But Probably Don't) The Best Book of Useless Information Ever The Amazing Book of Useless Information: More Things You Didn't Need to Know But Are About to Find Out The Murder of Princess Diana