Start by marking “What Matters Most (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Maya, #3)” as Want to Read:
What Matters Most (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Maya, #3)

What Matters Most (Diary of a Teenage Girl #16)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  265 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Maya’s Green Tip for the Day: Recycled fashion is one of the most fun ways to go green. A pair of jeans could be transformed into a denim skirt. A sweater into a vest. A bunch of old ties into a dress. A blanket into a poncho. Accessorize it in new way–with beads, buttons, appliqués, buckles, stencils, or ribbons…your imagination is only the limit. (65 words)

Sixteen-year-o
Published September 15th 2009 by Multnomah (first published August 31st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about What Matters Most, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Matters Most

Mar 07, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
I am so glad my new library has this book and that I'm able to read it and thus complete the entire series. I didn't like the Maya books nearly as much as the others in the series, but still a good read.
Janna
Nov 05, 2009 Janna rated it really liked it
"What Matters Most" is the latest and last in Melody Carlson's Diary of a Teenage Girl series. It is book 16 I believe though the series follows four different girls and all of them show up in this book. I think the concept is great, we read the whole book through the eyes of Maya's diary which is actually kind of fun, with the exception that I don't know anyone that is THAT detailed when they write in their diary! I mean, goodness, she writes entire conversations down word for word :-) Maya is ...more
Cindy
Oct 27, 2009 Cindy rated it really liked it
Maya, is living with her uncle going to school and HOPING and praying that her mom does not get out of prison. WOW! That is a lot for a sixteen year old girl to absorb. However Maya has never had an easy life. Her dad, who is a professional musician and on the road all the time, and her mom has a drinking and drug habit. Her parents, now divorced have been bankrupted by her mom's habit, she has stolen from her daughter and now is in prison. No Maya has not lived the life of a normal teenager. Wh ...more
Clockstein Lockstein
Nov 05, 2009 Clockstein Lockstein rated it really liked it
What Matters Most by Melody Carlson is the third book in the Maya line and the final book in the Diary of a Teenage Girl series. Maya Stark is finally starting to have a normal life. She's started high school and is making friends, but her mother's release from jail threatens her peace of mind. And the possibility of touring with Christian girl rock group, Redemption makes normal life seem not so appealing. She'll have to make some major decisions for a sixteen-year old girl, as well as deal wit ...more
Sandra Stiles
Mar 28, 2010 Sandra Stiles rated it it was amazing
What is normal? Was my upbringing, my life normal? How do we know what normal is? These were questions I asked myself as I read Melody Carlson's book, "What Matters Most". I was disappointed to find out that this was the 6th book in this series and I had not read numbers one through five. Melody Carlson was a new author to me. To that end I must now get books one through five so I can catch up. This book was a great and easy read and although it was part of a series it worked well as a stand alo ...more
Wrighty
Oct 07, 2009 Wrighty rated it liked it

Sixteen-year-old Maya Stark has a lot to sort through. She could graduate from high school early if she wants to. She’s considering it, esp
Jill Williamson
Dec 29, 2009 Jill Williamson rated it really liked it
Maya is trying to figure out what matters most in life. Should she graduate early? Date the boy she likes even though she knows it’s a bad idea? Join a rock band and go on the road? Then her mom shows up and threatens everything Maya has worked so hard for. How should a Christian act toward a parent like her mom? Should Maya let her mom ruin her life again? Should she stand up to her?

I really enjoyed this series. Maya is a neat character. She’s very independent and hard-working. She always tries
Cafelilybookreviews
Apr 28, 2010 Cafelilybookreviews rated it liked it

Like most sixteen year olds, Maya Stark has a life full of roller coaster emotions and drama.

Maya finds herself the victim of bullying at the hands of popular cheerleader Vanessa Hartman, who is jealous because her boyfriend Wyatt is attracted to Maya. To counteract Vanessa’s “mean girl” behavior, Maya’s friends suggest that she start dating her ex-boyfriend Dominic, who she is still friends with.

Add to this emotionally exhausting mix a brain damaged hospitalized friend, a mother who’s in prison
Siriana
Sep 07, 2010 Siriana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-reads
I love the Diary of a Teenage Girl series!
With well-written, poignant and inspiring stories and a cast of beautiful, relatable and real characters these are definitely life-touching books.

To be honest, I’m sad its over. What Matters Most is the final installment in the gorgeously crafted DOATG series. I was crying and declaring “amen!” at the end of not only What Matters Most but throughout every book.

My Rating: 5 out 5
A full rating, for truth, reality, God, and all around awesomeness.

Make su
Aurora
Jun 14, 2011 Aurora rated it it was amazing
This book was a great finish to Maya's story - it's open ended because that's real life but things to finally seem to be going her way =) I thought the green tips were better in Book 2 but still helpful. Also loved that the songs used were real songs that I listened to after finishing the book =)
Alex
Jan 08, 2010 Alex rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-books
This was a very good ending to a great series. I am so bummed that Melody Carlson won't be continuing the DOATG series, as it was what got me hooked on her in the first place.

It seemed to end rather abruptly, though. If I hadn't read this was the last, I wouldn't have thought it was.
Cookielover
Feb 12, 2013 Cookielover rated it really liked it
I hated the ending. It absolutely sucked. Like, it's worse than the Catching Fire ending. No joke.
Okay, so maybe I'm being a little dramatic saying its worse than the one of the Hunger Games sequel, but it was pretty bad.
Mary Bronson
I really loved this book. It was a page turner. I think that Maya is such a great strong character and I could relate to her in some places.
Claire
Jul 30, 2011 Claire rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
i am not surprised that maya plays the guitar. But i do want to see domonic and her get back together.
Dec 09, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing
i loved this book! it is great for teenage girls, even ones who dont play instuments! its so inspiring!
Jessica Jackson
Jul 12, 2013 Jessica Jackson rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books to read. I like this series, and I recommend everyone to read it!
Kayla Mannlein
Jul 02, 2013 Kayla Mannlein rated it it was amazing
Like I have said before I like how God can change lives in all lifestyle's.
Lisa Robertson
Mar 08, 2010 Lisa Robertson rated it it was amazing
Another book that I loved reading.
Rabiah
Jun 19, 2013 Rabiah rated it really liked it
this boook was ok i did not love it
April Beck
April Beck marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Aryn
Aryn marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Madi
Madi rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Christopher Beulah
Christopher Beulah marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Cheryl Willams
Cheryl Willams marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Stephanie Murray
Stephanie Murray marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Emerald
Emerald marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Alicia
Alicia added it
Apr 25, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Megan McClintick
Megan McClintick rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
  • Tidings of Great Boys (All About Us, #5)
  • So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)
  • Departures: Two Rediscovered Stories of Christy Miller and Sierra Jensen
  • Ruby Unscripted
  • The Fall of Candy Corn (Sweet Seasons, #2)
  • Holly's Heart, Collection 2: Second-Best Friend/Good-Bye, Dressel Hills/Straight-A Teacher/No Guys Pact/Little White Lies (Holly's Heart, #6-10)
  • Skid (Occupational Hazards, #3)
  • Goodbye Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #4)
  • Latte Daze (Maya Davis, #2)
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson...

Diary of a Teenage Girl (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1)
  • It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)
  • Who I Am (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #3)
  • On My Own (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #4)
  • I Do! (Diary of a Teenage: Caitlin, #5)
  • My Name is Chloe (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #1)
  • Sold Out (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #2)
  • Road Trip (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #3)
  • Face the Music (Diary of a Teenager Girl: Chloe, #4)
  • Just Ask (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Kim, #1)