Start by marking “Quebrantamiento: El corazon avivado por Dios: Brokenness (Aviva Nuestro Corazon)” as Want to Read:

La autora ha descubierto un principio biblico que no se puede refutar: Antes de cada gran movimiento de Dios siempre hay una temporada de profundo arrepentimiento. Esta es la historia conmovedora y verdadera de como Dios creo este quebrantamiento en otros y el asombroso renacimiento que sucedio. [The second volume in the Revive Our Hearts series for women. The author has d ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Portavoz (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Quebrantamiento, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quebrantamiento

Hannah
Feb 21, 2017 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a hard yet impacting book! What if we all were continually broken before God and others? Nancy Leigh DeMoss thoroughly goes over the topic of brokenness showing what it truly is (not just crying and sadness), shows us how to tell if we are broken, shows Biblical examples, and also tells the benefits of it. The message of this book will change your life if you let it!
Austin Rich
Nov 15, 2012 Austin Rich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the words of Harrison Shockley, this book will "rip your heart out, chop it into pieces, grind those pieces into powder, and then feed it to you." While that's a rather disgusting illustration, what Harrison was basically saying is that this book points out the areas of unsubmitted pride in our lives and crushes it. It realigns our heart with the LORD's by reminding us that we are ridden with pride.

Now you may be thinking, "I don't really struggle with pride that much." If you had that though
Sherrie
Feb 03, 2011 Sherrie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
some books are just plain hard to read....they are the best kind!!
Reid
Nov 30, 2009 Reid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people wanting to draw closer to the Lord
DeMoss begins her book recording an event that occurred in 1995 at a Campus Crusade for Christ staff meeting of four thousand people.

A wave of revival in the form of confession and repentance swept through the group for a number of days and lives were changed.

This book on brokenness and humility has changed the way I think about myself, my sin, and God's provision of Jesus' sacrifice.
She gives quite a list of the way that "Proud People" look at others, God, sin and so on. At least in my culture
Tom
Feb 10, 2016 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians or people who think they are christian
I really loved this book and I think it is much needed in the church. We live in a self-help culture that is constantly selling ideas on how to be happy or how to be made whole often leading people to look within themselves for answers. For the Christian, true joy and the peace of Christ come from being broken before God, that is being broken of your pride, arrogance, self-will and stubbornness. This book gives many examples of biblical figures who made mistakes doing things their way before sub ...more
Nicole Morgan
Jan 05, 2017 Nicole Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short book is filled with needed truth.
Beth Peninger
Jan 23, 2011 Beth Peninger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DeMoss does a masterful job of unpacking the way to go up is be broken down. Want to succeed in any relationship? Be broken. Want to succeed in your work life? Be broken. Humility, hard to live out, is the most effective character trait one can have to succeed in this life. But brokenness is so hard, DeMoss isn't naive to that fact.
In her honest look at brokenness DeMoss shares personal stories of the healing and freedom that comes when a person can walk in life with humility and without entitl
Jessica
Feb 23, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book made me rethink what I believed about brokenness and how it comes about in my life. After experiencing a time of great brokenness and growth about a decade ago, I almost longed for it again during a spiritually dry season years later. I was scared of the pain, but it seemed worth it in order to experience that kind of growth and closeness with God again. This book has broadened my view of brokenness and helped me to see that I can choose a posture of brokenness in my daily life and rec ...more
Oct 06, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing way to look at Brokenness in your Christian walk. It's a lifestyle. A continual process that should happen 24/7. There were several things that stuck out in my mind as i was reading this short book. But the main thing was a quote form Martin Luther, " God creates out of nothing. Therefore until a man is nothing, God can make nothing out of him." This in a nut shell is the essence of the whole book! You have to become nothing for God to use you completely to His utter satisfaction. Our vi ...more
April Emery
Jul 02, 2012 April Emery rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
Very practical read, includes a side-by-side comparison of a proud heart and a humble heart. Good to read periodically because pride is one of those things we will never completely master this side of Heaven.

click here to buy on Amazon
click here to buy for Kindle
Jeff
May 22, 2011 Jeff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Now one of my top 5 books I have read this year, I plan on reading this at least once a year. I have a few chosen books that I pick out to "refresh" upon, and this small but powerful book will for sure help in your walk and keeping you grounded with Christ. Learn about what true "Brokenness" is and how to have a personal Revival in your life through saying No to "self" and Yes to Jesus! I Highly recommend this book!
Thomas Kinsfather
A friend recommended this. DeMoss offers an emotional plea for brokenness build around her revival theology. Like much most revivalist writings, the American revivals are wrapped in so much nestalgia and the experiences of that period are lifted up to a biblical norm. Its as if the vast majority of Christians today need more than simply Jesus and their local church. They also need revival, which is usually defined in vague terms.
Miss Jen
Sep 02, 2009 Miss Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Miss Jen by: My Friend~ Mrs. Julie Ann Lemen
Very powerful, indeed!!!! :)
As Nancy Leigh DeMoss poignantly conveys...
Brokenness is the entrance to life, freedom
happiness and true joy!

"The sacrifices of God are a broken
spirit: a broken and a contrite heart,
O God, thou wilt not despise."
-Psalm 51:17

A short stimulating, powerful and
life changing read!!
Aaron Downs
DeMoss does a good job of communicating how brokenness is manifested in a believer's life. I enjoyed the read, although at times I believe she could have dug a little deeper. Much of her content seemed to be a watered down version of "The Calvary Road" by Roy Hession. I recommend this book, but Hession's book on the same topic would prove more useful.
Faith
Jun 30, 2014 Faith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a good book. really targets the heart and compares the proud christian (pharisee) vs the broken christian. one of those books that really makes us realize no matter how "better" we might think we compare to others, how yucky we truly are deep inside and it makes us face those icky areas of our hearts. i cried in this book.
Lucia
Another great book by DeMoss!! I've read some other titles of her and learnt many things about womanhood. I hope I'd read this book earlier. Strongly rooted in biblical foundation and straightforward were probably what made me continue to read this book. It has forced me to deal with every pitfall in my life that I can find and move towards another step closer to God.
Rachel
Sep 15, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent devotional on Brokenness.
I love how Nancy Leigh DeMoss brings new insight to Biblical stories that I have heard countless times, and gives personal testimony from others who have been brought to a point of brokenness in their own lives, and how this has transformed them.
Highly recommend.
Els Bogema
Jun 10, 2013 Els Bogema rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book about brokeness, simple and practical to go deeper and deal with pride. Sometimes to easy to read through it but it will let you think about your pride, so often we don't notice how proud we are on ourselves... A good and practical book, surely one to recommend!
Elizabeth Johnson
Good meditation on what brokenness truly is, in God's eyes, and why we should strive to be broken before Him. Also includes a very helpful chart comparing brokenness and pride... convicting and in-depth!

Read as part of the Brokenness/Surrender/Holiness trilogy.
Keila
May 08, 2012 Keila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This little book will totally transform what you thought it meant to be broken. As I once heard a preacher say, "If that don't light your fire, your wood is wet!" Buy it! Read it! You won't regret it!
Naomi
Sep 15, 2008 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
probably one of the most challenging books I've read.
Lura Hunter
Jul 27, 2009 Lura Hunter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"True worship begins with brokenness and humility over whatever God reveals to us in His Word."
Brokenness is a starting point.
Samantha
Mar 17, 2008 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nancy does an excellent job of describing just what brokenness is and how Beautiful it can be. This book impacted me greatly and I highly recommend it.
Christina
Nov 03, 2009 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a humbling book with a beauty that you can't help but want to implement in your own life. Filled with honest testimony that compel you to analyze your self
Tracy
Aug 27, 2008 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Pride is the greatest of all evils that beset us, and of all our enemies it is that which dies the slowest and hardest." -J.N. Darby
Jon
Mar 09, 2008 Jon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where to start...? man i dont even know. Read this book its powerful. Its really short but contains a whole lot of depth.

i expect to come back to this one again a few more times.
Benjamin
Oct 30, 2012 Benjamin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time favorite books on "True Brokenness" which I re-read a few times and shared many devotions from it. :)
Erin James
Jul 21, 2016 Erin James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye opening book...I highly recommend it!
Glen
Jun 12, 2013 Glen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This spoke deeply to me at a time of need. The words are challenging and reassuring to those seeking a deeper walk with Christ.
John Richardson
Jun 25, 2012 John Richardson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nancy Leigh DeMoss is authentic. She has also spoken on this subject of brokenness several times. If you can find a video of one of those messages, get it today.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Woman's Walk with God: Growing in the Fruit of the Spirit
  • One Minute After You Die: A Preview of Your Final Destination
  • The Grace and Truth Paradox: Responding with Christlike Balance
  • Spirit Hunger: Filling Our Deep Longing to Connect with God
  • A Path Through Suffering: Discovering the Relationship Between God's Mercy and Our Pain
  • The Gospel for Real Life: Turn to the Liberating Power of the Cross... Every Day
  • The Hour That Changes the World: A Practical Plan for Personal Prayer
  • Disciplines of a Godly Woman
  • A Gospel Primer for Christians: Learning to See the Glories of God's Love
  • Jesus Driven Ministry
  • Safe in the Arms of God: Truth from Heaven About the Death of a Child
Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth also known as Nancy Leigh DeMoss is the host and teacher for Revive Our Hearts and Seeking Him, two nationally-syndicated programs heard each weekday on over 1,000 radio stations. She is a mentor and spiritual mother to thousands of women and a leader of the True Woman movement.
More about Nancy Leigh DeMoss...

“Brokenness is not a feeling or an emotion. Rather it requires a choice, an act of will...not a one time experience, but an ongoing constant way of life. A lifestyle of agreeing with God about the true condition of my heart and life-not as everyone else thinks it is, but as He knows it to be.” 0 likes