Start by marking “Scent of a Killer” as Want to Read:
Scent of a Killer

Scent of a Killer

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  104 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The hunter has become the prey ...

The headless corpses of three men are found in a London side street. Their mutilated torsos are witness to an unspeakably agonizing death. It becomes chillingly clear that this discovery is a horrific message to the Metropolitan Police - and to one officer in particular.

DI Stacey Collins finds herself on the hunt for a psychopathic killer.
Published June 24th 2010 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Scent of a Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scent of a Killer

Alex Sheldon Savva
Sep 15, 2011 Alex Sheldon Savva rated it really liked it
I have a little fascination with novels about serial killers that prey on other predators, and this doesn't disappoint.
Great stuff, from start to finish!
David
Jan 30, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Second of the series and an excellent read, hope there is more in the pipeline.
Best Crime Books & More
Jun 19, 2012 Best Crime Books & More rated it it was amazing
Kevin Lewis was born in London in the 70's and grew up on rough council estates. His rough upbringings are documented in his two bestselling autobiographical books The Kid and The Kid Moves on. He followed these books with his first fictional book in 2006 Kaitlyn followed by Frankie in 2007.

In 2008 he wrote his first in the D.I Stacey Collins series entitled Fallen Angel. In this book we meet Stacey who is a single mum now working as a DI after her own rough childhood upbringing. We also see her
Jamie
Feb 22, 2015 Jamie rated it it was ok
Meh. The story was interesting, but poorly written. But where is the editor? Why did nobody stop you from using the same cliché comment over ten times? Or having dialogue so predictable a child would correct it? Or skipping over something with ridiculous comments like "and so they talked for a while and discussed many things"? Where are you, editor??
Helen
Oct 21, 2011 Helen rated it liked it

Enjoyable and absorbing crime thriller with an unexpected and quite scary villain.
I didn't find police heroine Collins to be an especially deep or sympathetic character, and the pacing wasn't as good as some other crime thrillers I've read (Jack Kerley, for instance), but readability and grossness go some way to compensate for this.
Recommended for any crime thriller/police procedural fans.
Suzanne
Sep 20, 2015 Suzanne rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries, thriller, nook
3.5 stars.
Wilde Sky
Mar 14, 2014 Wilde Sky rated it liked it
A serial killer is on the loose in London and a female detective with a complicated family life investigates.

The first few chapters were good, then I found the writing / dialogue became clunky and the plot deteriorated – it started to read more like a draft / outline rather than a polished / finished book.

I rated this 3 star but it was really 2.5.
Lisa Daly
May 07, 2015 Lisa Daly rated it really liked it
If you like graphic horror, this may be the one for you. I think he would make a good movie write. There were some scenes of animal cruelty in this that I skipped. For some reason I find it harder to read about horrible things happening to animals than I do about humans...
Debbie
Jan 26, 2015 Debbie rated it it was ok
I did enjoy this book on the whole despite it failing to grip me as I expected it to.
Stefan
Apr 13, 2011 Stefan rated it liked it
I thought Scent of a Killer was a decent book, based on this work alone though I'm not sure if Kevin Lewis is entirely deserving of the title "king of crime" as the rear of the book promises. It took me a long time to warm to this book but once I did it was enjoyable enough.
Catherine Bilton
Feb 13, 2016 Catherine Bilton rated it liked it
I wanted to give this 4 stars for the gruesome content but felt it was far too predictable.
Michael Topley
Jan 08, 2012 Michael Topley rated it really liked it
Pretty good read. Bit gruesome and gory in places and was somewhat clichéd and predictable in places too. A good read though.
Nicola
Aug 17, 2013 Nicola rated it it was amazing
Ridicously Brillint

unfortuntly theres only 2 boksin this series but i do hope for more

Vitasta Kaul
May 12, 2011 Vitasta Kaul rated it really liked it
Though the book starts out bleak, it crawls into becoming irresistible!
Eva
Jun 03, 2011 Eva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most disgusting murders I have ever read about in detail. Amazing!
Scott Quinn
Jul 08, 2011 Scott Quinn rated it it was amazing
amazing, recommend to all murder-mystery fans
Theweebarrell
Jul 22, 2010 Theweebarrell rated it it was amazing
another good book by Kevin Lewis
Pol
Aug 04, 2015 Pol rated it liked it
enjoyed book
Anasthasia Gardner
Anasthasia Gardner rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Karen Bullock
Karen Bullock marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Sue Murphy
Sue Murphy rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
John Kendall
John Kendall rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Victoria
Victoria is currently reading it
May 05, 2016
Pooja Mishra
Pooja Mishra is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2016
kyla hunter
kyla hunter marked it as to-read
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Steve Fellows
Steve Fellows marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Damage
  • Crack-Up
  • Broke
  • The Truth
  • Nameless (Ruby Darke #1)
  • Taken
  • Talking with Serial Killers: The Most Evil People in the World Tell Their Own Stories
  • Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method: The Weight-Loss Kick-Start that Makes Perfection Possible
  • The Faithless
  • The Trap (The Butlers #1)
  • The Surrogate (Brennan & Esposito, #1)
  • Business Stripped Bare: Adventures of a Global Entrepreneur
  • Hit Girls
  • A Place of Safety
  • House of the Lost
  • Nothing but trouble
  • Rotten to the Core
  • The Murder Artist: A Thriller
Born in 1970 in Southeast London, Kevin's childhood years were spent in the city's rough council estates. The violent and depraved conditions that Kevin lived in are documented in his autobiographical books The Kid and The Kid Moves On. Today Kevin combines his creative skill with his knowledge of the inner cities to write novels with gritty realism. Kevin currently lives in Surrey with his wife a ...more
More about Kevin Lewis...