Start by marking “Applique Outside the Lines with Piece O'Cake Designs: No Rules-No Ruler [With Pattern]” as Want to Read:

Featuring 8 freewheeling and original applique projects, this title teaches readers a fresh freeform applique and piecing method.
Published August 1st 2009 by C&T Publishing (first published July 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about Applique Outside the Lines with Piece O'Cake Designs

Jackie
Jan 17, 2016 Jackie rated it liked it
Shelves: do-it-yourself
The strategy for this book, is, as the title suggests, to applique outside the lines. Keep in mind to applique on the quilt, though! The idea is to make a background in similar fabrics, and usually lighter fabrics, contrasting them with sharp designs and bright colors.
Emily
Sep 18, 2012 Emily rated it it was ok
Shelves: craft-quilting
I've seen Piece O'Cake designs before and even read other books, so I was particularly disappointed in this book. First of all, I am not an overly fussy quilter, my points will never all match and I'm okay with that. But I am also not totally ready to throw my ruler out the window. I have no problem with intentionally wonky, it's just not my style. So I was already not a good match for this book. But my biggest problem is that in every patter, they refer you to another book and DVD of theirs to ...more
M/Cathy
I LOVE the freedom this book grants you!

How fun to cut without use of a ruler! Guesstimate measurements! Wonkiness is allowed, permitted and even encouraged with the appliqué! I simply love this book cover-to-cover!

I plan to make several new quilts inspired by the ones in this book! Way to go Becky!
Caro
Feb 14, 2010 Caro rated it liked it
Will never completely understand this technique until I can watch the video.
Susana Font-Fontenot
Susana Font-Fontenot rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Joyce Humby
Joyce Humby rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Brenda
Brenda added it
Jan 27, 2016
Ehc
Ehc marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Catherine Anderson
Catherine Anderson rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2015
Julia Rushing
Julia Rushing rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015
Denise
Denise added it
Jul 15, 2015
Linda Flanders
Linda Flanders rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Nicolle
Nicolle rated it it was ok
Feb 19, 2015
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Karene
Karene rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2014
Cr
Cr added it
Aug 31, 2014
Gail
Gail rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Debiwin
Debiwin rated it really liked it
May 22, 2014
Sarah Doty
Sarah Doty rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
May 07, 2014
K.
K. added it
Mar 16, 2014
Patti
Patti rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Linda E Batchelar
Linda E Batchelar marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Most people know me as half of the Piece O' Cake Designs team. With my partner, Linda Jenkins, we have written many quilt books. I am also a wife, mother, grandmother, and daughter. I love my family and friends!

Travel is part of my life - for both work and pleasure. I travel and teach quilting nationally and internationally. It's great fun to meet new people and see new places! My husband, Steve,
More about Becky Goldsmith...