Start by marking “Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball” as Want to Read:
Teachings of Presidents of the Church:  Spencer W. Kimball

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball (Teachings of Presidents of the Church)

4.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,795 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
This is the eighth in a series of books of the teachings of Presidents of the Church. It is used for personal study and for Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society instruction on the second and third Sundays in 2007.
Published January 19th 2006 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Teachings of Presidents of the Church, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teachings of Presidents of the Church

Amy
Jun 10, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious
So much happened during President Kimball's lifetime and during his time as our prophet. His beautiful teachings inspired me to be a better mom, wife, and follower of Christ.
Dad
Oct 27, 2014 Dad rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
This was an excellent priesthood manual. President Kimball was a man I have always looked up to. I met him once as I was in a returned missionary choir singing for the Priesthood Saturday night session. I was behind the Tabernacle organ in a hallway when he walked through. As he approached me, I could feel his powerful spirit. We shook hands. I have always cherished that experience.
Pres. Kimball had his operation on his voice and not too much was left. In 1986, I got dystonia that left my voice
Heidi
I love all our prophets--how each one has their own personality and "style," and yet the Lord's word still comes from them straight from His mouth. Pres. Kimball's style was direct, straight-forward, to the point, no-nonsense, plain and simple. I loved that! He couldn't have been clearer. So why are there so many not listening?
Amber
Jan 11, 2008 Amber rated it it was amazing
I couldn't find the actual book cover here, so I improvised. But I'm almost finished with the new curriculum for the year--The Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith. They challenged all teachers and leaders to read it before the end of the year (I'm a little behind). It really made me feel gung-ho about the Gospel, about obedience and about my testimony.
Janell
Mar 25, 2016 Janell rated it it was amazing
I love this series and the teachings of President Kimball was a definite favorite. I especially loved Chapter 16 on the Sabbath (pg. 165) and Chapter 15 on Reverance (pg. 155). These are two things I'm personally working on so the words felt really pertinant to me.
Scott
Dec 30, 2008 Scott rated it really liked it
A great read, and great for church. Some of the pictures were too much, but I nothing can beat his stories and sincerity. Although many good things are taken from the miracle of forgiveness, it still is a great resource.
Alicia Krauchuk Fenton
Mar 04, 2009 Alicia Krauchuk Fenton rated it it was amazing
Great resource books for spiritual growth and development. I think these books are online at lds.org if interested in further reading. Used as a class manual, but now using as a resource when needed.
LaSchelle
Mar 14, 2008 LaSchelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: church-religion
I was priviledged to teach a few of these lessons. What great reminders of what a great man he was and how profoundly he influenced my life.
Wachlin007 Hotmail
Feb 21, 2008 Wachlin007 Hotmail rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious
This book contains a lot of Spencer W. Kimball's teachings. I learned a lot about how to draw closer to Christ as I read it. He was a good man.
Steven Hummer
May 21, 2008 Steven Hummer rated it it was ok
Shelves: religon
Used it in Priestood was able to download the mp3 from lds.org so I could put it on my iPod very helpful allowed me to keep up with the class.
Chris Webber
Jul 03, 2009 Chris Webber rated it liked it
This is the book to read to get an interesting picture of the history and evolution of sex and reproduction in the mormon church.
Marilyn
Apr 29, 2010 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
This small man packed a prophetic punch! I've loved learning about him.
Elizabeth
Apr 23, 2008 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: my-books-read
I love Spencer W. Kimball!
Ted
Oct 22, 2009 Ted rated it it was amazing

LIFE CHANGING!
Sandra Frey
Sandra Frey rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Agung Munggaran
Agung Munggaran rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Iortim Felix
Iortim Felix marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Kathy Tanner
Kathy Tanner rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Amanda Powell
Amanda Powell marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Grruser
Grruser rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
John Fueston
John Fueston rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Trevor Wika
Trevor Wika rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Jon Bryson
Jon Bryson rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Brittanie Valentine
Brittanie Valentine rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Jeri Graybill
Jeri Graybill rated it really liked it
Obi Othuke
Obi Othuke marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Mgguillory
Mgguillory marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Shayna Sunderland
Shayna Sunderland marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Inna
Inna is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2016
  • Truth Restored
  • Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • Faith Precedes the Miracle
  • Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • Discourses of Brigham Young: Second President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • Mormon Doctrine
  • Marvelous Work and a Wonder
  • Articles of Faith (Missionary Reference Library)
  • Gospel Doctrine: Sermons and Writings of President Joseph F. Smith (Classics in Mormon Literature)
  • Howard W. Hunter
  • Teach Ye Diligently
  • A Witness and a Warning: A Modern-Day Prophet Testifies of the Book of Mormon
  • Joseph Smith the Prophet
  • Our Search for Happiness

Teachings of Presidents of the Church (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith
  • Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith

“By one means or another, the swiftest method of rejection of the holy prophets has been to find a pretext, however false or absurd, to dismiss the man so that his message could also be dismissed.” 3 likes
“The holy prophets have not only refused to follow erroneous human trends, but have pointed out these errors. No wonder the response to the prophets has not always been one of indifference. So often the prophets have been rejected because they first rejected the wrong ways of their own society. . . .

Prophets have a way of jarring the carnal mind. Too often the holy prophets are wrongly perceived as harsh and as anxious to make a record in order to say, "I told you so." Those prophets I have known are the most loving of men. It is because of their love and integrity that they cannot modify the Lord's message merely to make people feel comfortable. They are too kind to be so cruel. I am so grateful that prophets do not crave popularity.”
3 likes