Start by marking “Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball” as Want to Read:
Teachings of Presidents of the Church:  Spencer W. Kimball

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball (Teachings of Presidents of the Church)

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  1,676 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This is the eighth in a series of books of the teachings of Presidents of the Church. It is used for personal study and for Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society instruction on the second and third Sundays in 2007.
Published January 19th 2006 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Teachings of Presidents of the Church, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teachings of Presidents of the Church

Amy
So much happened during President Kimball's lifetime and during his time as our prophet. His beautiful teachings inspired me to be a better mom, wife, and follower of Christ.
Dad
Oct 27, 2014 Dad rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: lds
This was an excellent priesthood manual. President Kimball was a man I have always looked up to. I met him once as I was in a returned missionary choir singing for the Priesthood Saturday night session. I was behind the Tabernacle organ in a hallway when he walked through. As he approached me, I could feel his powerful spirit. We shook hands. I have always cherished that experience.
Pres. Kimball had his operation on his voice and not too much was left. In 1986, I got dystonia that left my voice
Heidi
I love all our prophets--how each one has their own personality and "style," and yet the Lord's word still comes from them straight from His mouth. Pres. Kimball's style was direct, straight-forward, to the point, no-nonsense, plain and simple. I loved that! He couldn't have been clearer. So why are there so many not listening?
Amber
I couldn't find the actual book cover here, so I improvised. But I'm almost finished with the new curriculum for the year--The Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith. They challenged all teachers and leaders to read it before the end of the year (I'm a little behind). It really made me feel gung-ho about the Gospel, about obedience and about my testimony.
Scott
A great read, and great for church. Some of the pictures were too much, but I nothing can beat his stories and sincerity. Although many good things are taken from the miracle of forgiveness, it still is a great resource.
Alicia Krauchuk Fenton
Great resource books for spiritual growth and development. I think these books are online at lds.org if interested in further reading. Used as a class manual, but now using as a resource when needed.
LaSchelle
I was priviledged to teach a few of these lessons. What great reminders of what a great man he was and how profoundly he influenced my life.
Wachlin007 Hotmail
This book contains a lot of Spencer W. Kimball's teachings. I learned a lot about how to draw closer to Christ as I read it. He was a good man.
Steven Hummer
Used it in Priestood was able to download the mp3 from lds.org so I could put it on my iPod very helpful allowed me to keep up with the class.
Chris Webber
This is the book to read to get an interesting picture of the history and evolution of sex and reproduction in the mormon church.
Marilyn
This small man packed a prophetic punch! I've loved learning about him.
Elizabeth
I love Spencer W. Kimball!
Ted

LIFE CHANGING!
Amanda Brasher
Amanda Brasher marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Rajan Biswas
Rajan Biswas is currently reading it
Jul 08, 2015
  • Truth Restored
  • Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • Faith Precedes the Miracle
  • Articles of Faith (Missionary Reference Library)
  • Mormon Doctrine
  • Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • Discourses of Brigham Young: Second President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • Howard W. Hunter
  • Teach Ye Diligently
  • Joseph Smith the Prophet
  • Marvelous Work and a Wonder
  • Our Latter-Day Hymns: The Stories and the Messages
  • Gospel Doctrine: Sermons and Writings of President Joseph F. Smith (Classics in Mormon Literature)
  • Of Souls, Symbols, and Sacraments
  • Our Search for Happiness

Teachings of Presidents of the Church (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church:  Harold B. Lee
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow
Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price Preach My Gospel: A Guide To Missionary Service Hymns of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society

“By one means or another, the swiftest method of rejection of the holy prophets has been to find a pretext, however false or absurd, to dismiss the man so that his message could also be dismissed.” 3 likes
“The holy prophets have not only refused to follow erroneous human trends, but have pointed out these errors. No wonder the response to the prophets has not always been one of indifference. So often the prophets have been rejected because they first rejected the wrong ways of their own society. . . .

Prophets have a way of jarring the carnal mind. Too often the holy prophets are wrongly perceived as harsh and as anxious to make a record in order to say, "I told you so." Those prophets I have known are the most loving of men. It is because of their love and integrity that they cannot modify the Lord's message merely to make people feel comfortable. They are too kind to be so cruel. I am so grateful that prophets do not crave popularity.”
2 likes