Start by marking “You Are One-Third Daffodil: And Other Facts to Amaze, Amuse, and Astound” as Want to Read:
You Are One-Third Daffodil: And Other Facts to Amaze, Amuse, and Astound

You Are One-Third Daffodil: And Other Facts to Amaze, Amuse, and Astound

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Did you know that most toilets flush in E-flat? Or that American Airlines once saved $40,000 by removing a single olive from each salad served in first class? Well, now you will with this clever, fun, and occasionally shocking compendium of facts from around the world.

Organized into witty categories, including “Battle of the Sexes: Facts About Men and Women” and “The Past
Published September 8th 2009 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about You Are One-Third Daffodil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are One-Third Daffodil

Leslie
Eh. Anyone could put this together. Not impressed.
Kate
Feb 22, 2010 Kate rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: pursuers of the trivial
Recommended to Kate by: 031.02 Y
Shelves: miscellany
The collective noun for owls is "parliament."

In Paraguay, dueling is legal if both participants are registered blood donors.

It is possible to donate half a liver.

A third of patent applications in America in 1905 were related to the bicycle.

The most expensive age of your life is thirty-four.

Seven of America's nine founding fathers denied the divinity of Jesus.

The average ratio between the actual length of a meandering river and its length as the crow flies is pi.

A billion seconds ago, it was 1977
Synthia
The book has entertaining facts but some of the statistics are outdated, referencing articles from 8 years ago. However, there is plenty of data that stands on its own. Like: Vietnam is the second largest producer of coffee in the world, after Brazil. It produces twenty times as much as Uganda. Red Bull is illegal in Norway, Denmark, and Iceland. One-third of all houses in Ireland were built in the last decade.
Kimberly
My kids really enjoyed reading this book. The facts are rather interesting, but some of them I happened to know weren't quite accurate... anyway, it's just a long list of moderately interesting and somewhat reliable factoids. Nice to have around to pick up every once in a while but not exactly a page-turner.
Brittany
This book is a fun and fast read.

However, not all of the facts were that amazing or amusing to me. As I read, I marked facts that I thought were interesting enough to share with people. Looking back on my markings, I only liked about 20-30% of the book.
Christen
My family is going to quickly regret buying me this the more I spout random facts at them, but I just find it SO FASCINATING!
J.M.
Cute book of quirky facts. Fast read. Interesting stats. Good for fans of odd and random facts, Jeopardy!, or Trivial Pursuit.
Kirsti
Appealing though not always rigorously sourced. It turns out that most toilets don't flush in E-flat.
Leslie
This is a great collection of interesting, hilarious and sometimes frightening bits of trivia.
Adriane
Pretty fun little fact book, would definitely recommend it to any fan of trivia.
Susan
Silly but fun. There's at least one or two facts in each chapter you just want to share.
I quit because the facts weren't terribly interesting...
Alex Seals
Amusing, quick read. I love random fact books.
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Carson
Carson marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Samra
Samra marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Jane Ter-Zakaryan
Jane Ter-Zakaryan marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014