Start by marking “Winter Born (Were-Hunter, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Winter Born (Were-Hunter, #1.5)

Winter Born (The Dark-Hunterverse #6.5)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  3,479 ratings  ·  79 reviews
Two enemy Were-Panthers discover that fate has destined they become lovers. Pandora must learn to trust Dante's foreign nature. But as she slowly succumbs to the truest passion she has ever known, dark forces have already set out to reclaim her...

The short story was originally printed in the anthology, Stroke of Midnight.

This edition was a free ebook from St. Martin's Pre
Published November 22nd 2004 by St. Martin's Press (first published November 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Winter Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Born

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuirePerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeDevil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
Bad boys meet the virgins
151st out of 734 books — 1,663 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Revealed by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. Ward
Great Vampire/Paranormal Romances
58th out of 107 books — 87 voters

More lists with this book...

Sammy, Recovering Monster Sex Addict
Dante and Pandora's story is freaking Hawt!!

d

I was unable to get my hands on this book, so I skipped it and read all of the main books. I had heard of and met Dante in some of the previous books so I was beyond excited to finally read his novella.

I absolutely loved how Dante and Pandora met and fell in love at Dragon Con. This is a must read for all Dark Hunter fans. It does not add to the overall arc, but there was the Added bonus of Ash and the Simi eating BBQ. Great short shory and oh so hawt!
Daniela
If there ever was a short story that I wanted to be turned into a book it's this one. If there ever was a character that I wanted to learn more about, it's Dante. I LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD this short story!!! I couldn't stop reading it. Dante is amazing. The sex was amazing! (What? It's the truth) This short story was on fire!!

I only wish, that it was a true book!!
Julianna
Sep 27, 2010 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR Romance, Sherrilyn Kenyon, The Dark-Hunters
Winter Born was another enjoyable story in the Dark-Hunter series. At only 75 pages, it is pretty short and very fast-paced. The whole story took place in just one day's time. As I've said many times before, I'm not usually a fan of instant hook-ups, but in this case it worked OK for me. That's because it all made sense within the context of the heroine being in heat and the way that the were-hunter mating rituals work. At least they did slow down a bit after the mating mark appeared and tried t ...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Martina Koleva
Oh goodie... that was awesome.
I had no idea what the book was about, I just dived in believing in Sherrilyn Kenyon's talent to write these passionate, amazing books.
When I started reading the book I was intrigued by this new species. Panthers were mentioned before but we never really read anything from their P.O.V and I was really interested in it and when I 'saw' Dante I instantly remembered him from Kiss of the Night and I didn't know what to expect.
Dante was a little harsh to kill his broth
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
★★★★★ Winter Born by Sherrilyn Kenyon book 6.5 in Dark Hunter Series(also in Stoke of Midnight)

Another great Novella from the DH/WH series. This one takes place at Dragon*Con, in Atlanta. Four Katagaria Were-panther brothers, Dante, Romeo, Leo, and Mike are wandering around. Leo and Mike are young and trolling for women. Romeo is there control the twins, Leo and Mike.Dante was looking for new bands for his club. Dante is very temperamental and will kill anyone that upsets him. All of a sudden, t
Leah
I came into this story wondering how much, or how little, I was going to like Dante. The only book I'd read about him in so far was Kiss of the Night. In that book, he didn't seem very friendly and I was a little stunned that he mercilessly murdered his brother, traitor or not. However, after reading "Winter Born," I had to reevaluate my opinion of him. I found him to be generous, unbendingly protective, loving, unflinchingly loyal, respectful, respectable. It was touching to me that he let Pand ...more
Michelle
OM Gosh. I thought this story was hilarious. I got it in audio. And it was hilarious. The brothers seemed more like NJ Italians than Minnesota Greeks lol. I laughed and laughed... have not laughed that hard since Sunshine and Talon's book. Oh MY... Dante sounded a little like Clint Eastwood when he said "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" with the way he speaks all breathy like. The twins Leo & Mike sounded a little like Joe Pesci, and Romeo sounded like all the adult Italian males I grew ...more
Exina
Winter Born is the story of Dante Pontis and Pandora Kouti.
My review at Stroke of Midnight.
Full review originally posted on my blog.
Amy Fischer
Loving all these short stories. Dante and Pandora are HOT! Dante's protectiveness isn't overbearing and Pandora isn't weak. We see a little bit of Simi and Ash, which is always entertaining!
Krystal
It was sweet... But I would have loved even more if it was a bit longer
Leah Tucker
Dec 18, 2014 Leah Tucker rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kilee Tucker
Excellent Story! Really cool to learn how Dante met Pandora! Love how Ash and Simi show up in the story as well, and we get the wonderful bantering in the story! I wasn't left wanting when it ended. So well written and I love how Dante and his brothers handle and take care of their own! EXCELLENT STORY!!!
Ivonne Torres
Sherrilyn Kenyon knows how to suck you in. I love the novellas in this series, the are short and precise, makes me wish they were longer books and you get to understand a bit more about the dark-hunter universe.
Erin
I loved Dante in Kiss of the Night.

I am sorry that he didn't get a full book.

Pandora wasn't unlikable.

The brothers were funny.

Ash was wonderful as always.

Simi was adorable.

The setting of Dragon*Con was quite amusing, as I've been there and was able to easily imagine everything.
Laurie
SK's were stories are great! I wish she would write more of them, compete novels not these short teasers.
Theresa
For a short story it was filled with exciting action and beautiful tenderness. I always love Simi's shopping, BBQ references and her interaction with Ash. The differences between the different panther societies is interesting in a tragic kind of way. I'm elated that Pandora found her safe haven in Dante. I'm looking forward to more stories about the Ponte family: the brothers are halarious. The happy ending in this story leaves you with a warm feeling in your heart.

Favorite scene: Pandora show
Nayadett Danae
Corto , Romántico y salvaje .

ME ENCANTÓ
Amy
I love my Dark Hunters, but Were-Hunters are my second favorite! Something about those Katagaria males — mostly barbaric and animalistic, and they crack me up when it comes to wooing a human mate. In Winter Born, we find Dante, a Katagaria were-panther, discover his Arcadian mate, Pandora, at no other than Dragon Con. How cool is that? Ash and Simi make an appearance as well, fitting right into the scene of things. A short and sweet novella, which I wish was a full length book because I wanted m ...more
Vicki Garner
Wasn't really a fan of this
Alison
A nice short story set at Dragon*Con.

A young panther female is desperately looking for Acheron to help her get home before she is attacked and mated by a group of panthers, she goes to Dragon*Con where Ash goes every year with Simi. Kane and his three brothers have been told to visit Dragon*Con to listen to new bands to play in their club (Ash the matchmaker strikes again).

She's a human-were, he's a were-human - mortal enemies and yet each learns to love the other against a backdrop of Klingons
Amyiw
Short and sweet. You get to know both characters well enough to feel the chemistry. You see a little of Archeron and Simi for those that read the.series, but it can be read as a stand alone. This is a romance between two wolf shape shifters, one more human than wolf, the other more wolf than human. They are called Arcadian & Katagaria, and their species are at war with one another. What brings them together is pure animal lust. The trust is built nicely in this short. You feel they are meant ...more
Diana
I really loved this story. It's Were-Hunter short story in the Dark-Hunter universe.

Dante's character is so likeable as well as his mate, Pandora's. Being a big Ninja Turtle fan, I was very amused that Dante's brothers were named Michelangelo, Leonardo, and Donatello (however, they're named after the Renaissance painters). I also enjoyed learning about Dante through the childhood story his brother told as well as Dante's actions.

I hope to read more about the couple and his family.
Maura
This was written when the stories Sherrilyn Kenyon was writing were just plain good. Now they are convoluted and with too many deus ex machinas. This is one of the were-hunter stories involving some panthers...and we get a better understanding of Arcadians and Katagarians - but I still thing its weird for them to get together (humans and animals) Nevertheless, the story was hot!
Shiran
Another great story by SK!

I must admit that I have really missed SK and her wondrous mind. So it was really great to pick this up and get back into the world of the were-hunters.

I love Pandora and her desperate need to fight for her freedom, and Dante is an incredible male shifter that is the epitome of everything we all love about SK's stories.

Winter Born is a great short read that still has all the action and romance that we SK fans love!
Kristen
Pandora, a were-panther, is being hunted by the male Were-Panthers in her Katagari clan as she has not mated with anyone and therefore becomes a whore to these male Were-Panthers. Her sister tells her to find Acheron, the ancient Dark Hunter to help her from being hunted. In her search she comes across Danti Pontis, a Were-Panther from a different clan. He ends up being mated with Pandora and must fight off the Katagari in order to save himeself and Pandora.
Michelle Tempted By Books
Dante was instantly unlikable in his previous introduction. That tends to be true about a lot of Kenyon's men but she manages to make you fall in love with them anyway. Pandora and Dante discover the mating mark and have 75 pages to make it happen. I loved this one because of the shortness I am just not sure these two could carry out a longer book. Nonetheless it was an excellent story.
Lenz
Another shoooort-enjoyable-read! Ugh. Why sooo short? I'm effin' craving for moreeee.

I absolutely want a piece of this Katagari Panthiras. ~

Dante. Dante. Dante. I've known you since Kiss of the Night and I didn't have any idea that I'll like you this much. Rawr. Haha. You're such a sweet-protective-selfish-Panther and that makes me want to be your Gataki. xx

MUST.READ.ASAP ~

Sjoukje
Really liked it - quick to read and quite intense, but as the story develops it actually all makes sense.

Dante is really protective which is always great in a book hero, I really like how Pandora keeps coming back to help him when they are attacked and how she comes back to him in the end. It´s really a ´Love at first sight´story.

It´s always great to see Ash and Simi...
Timmysparks
I liked this novella. No matter how bad the Arcadians claim the Katagaria are the Katagaria have repeatedly show more humanity then them. I loved Dante and his brothers and I also love that Pandora didn't sit and take what was givent o her. She fought for herself. I loved both of them as a couple and I also loved seeing Ash and Simi here too.
The Lost Challenges: Book 6.5 Winter Born 2 9 Apr 16, 2013 12:20AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • Tapestry (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Highlander, #8; De Piaget, #10)
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • Darkness Within (Lords of Avalon, #3)
  • Movie Night (Psy-Changeling, #5.6)
  • Dark Descent (Dark, #11)
  • Heart of Darkness (Includes: Lords of the Underworld, #4.5)
  • Burning Up (Children of the Sea, #3.5; Psy-Changeling, #0.6; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica, #5.7)
  • Heart of Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #8)
  • Pleasuring The Beast - Erotic Fairy Tale (Adult Fairy Tales)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Night Play (Were-Hunter, #1) Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)