Start by marking “This Mitchell and Webb Book” as Want to Read:
This Mitchell and Webb Book

This Mitchell and Webb Book

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Dive into the bizarre yet strangely familiar world of Mitchell and Webb – the wittiest men on television, or anywhere else.

From the two finest comedians of their generation comes the ultimate Christmas comedy book – lavishly illustrated in colour, containing all sorts of outrageous stuff that will have you laughing into the spring and beyond.

David Mitchell and Robert Webb
Published September 3rd 2009 by Fourth Estate

To ask other readers questions about This Mitchell and Webb Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Mitchell and Webb Book

Roxanne
I would say only buy this book if you really like Mitchell and Webb, don't get if you just like them in Peep show and not their sketch shows.

Basically the book is just full of 'that mitchell and webb look' so if you don't watch the show, probably won't get most of the jokes.

The book itself is very hit and miss, and i think they saw the mighty boosh book and just copied it really, they even do a piss take out of the mighty boosh book, and the mighty boosh book wasn't that good to copy from so i
Bukk
If That Mitchell and Webb Look was turned into a book, this would be it. This IS it, really. Full of zingers and wit and zappers and silliness. It requires a good bit of familiarity with the show if one wishes to not be lost in some of the more specific regions of this here work of laughery. Hit and miss at times, but entertaining through and through. And it's interactive! Non-fans of the show can still laugh at it if they want to. GOOD WORK FROM M & W.
John
Jan 30, 2013 John rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the television/radio series
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who hasn't already experienced Mitchell and Webb's sketch comedy. Whether it was their radio show or either of their television shows, this is very much the same kind of humour for most of the book. I found it entertaining and laughed out loud a couple of times, but curiously it isn't the sketch-style comedy that made me giggle most (in as much as a book can have sketch-style comedy). The real jewel of the piece is the ranty articles peppered throughout the bo ...more
Seb
Very mixed - not every idea translates well to the pages. A few moments of genius, but also some bits that are rather overworked and spread a little thin.
William Clemens
I can definitely say this is the best book I have read this year. Also the first. And the only so far. Still, it's great if you like Mitchell and Webb.

I will admit, this is a bit more topical and somewhat more UK centric so there were things I didn't entirely understand. Overall though it runs in the same vein as the pair's comedy and I liked it a lot.
Sam Pryce
I could not stop laughing at this book. David Mitchell and Robert Webb are national treasures and are two of the funniest people ever to have set foot on this planet. They're a legendary comedy duo and this book just makes them even better. Basically, it's "That Mitchell and Webb Look" in book form (Hense The Title). Every page, every line, every word is funny. (Well, maybe not every word but you catch my drift.) I STRONGLY recommend this book as it is a celebration of Mitchell and Webb's wit an ...more
Angela Conley
It's all fun. There is quite a bit of culturally centered material which makes me wish I knew more about stuff that's happened in the UK in the past ten years. However, there is also a lot of universally funny material that makes the whole thing worthwhile. I am especially taken by the How To Cope articles. There's dark humor, toilet humor, punny homor and everything else on the spectrum. In short, there's something for everyone.
Nickolas
"This book comes the size of a school text book and proceeds to school you in funny." That would be my cheesy quote on the back cover if I was famous. But seriously, the book is great. These guys are great. I laughed out loud time and time again with this one. I did have to google countlessly to look up what obscure UK TV or political personality they were referring to a lot of the time. Still, worth every penny.
Tara Calaby
Likeable tie-in to That Mitchell & Webb Look, but there's nothing particularly outstanding here, so it doesn't have the re-readability that so many of my favourite Britcom tie-ins can boast. (I don't want to THINK about how many times I've re-read the Smith & Jones books!) Very visual and nicely designed, it reads a lot more quickly than the tome-like size would suggests.
Stefanie
I love comedy books, and Mitchell and Webb are one of my favorite duos. My favorite segments are probably the ranty essays, because both of them are fantastic and you can hear each of their voices perfectly in them (or is that just me? because i'm a superfan?), and also the mundane quotes of the great. Lovely stuff.
I love Mitchell and Webb. I'm American so a lot of the pop culture references were lost on me. I enjoyed the book anyway though. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it 100 times more if I got the references but even without the references a lot of it was funny.
Louise
Definitely no where near as good as the show, or actors themselves but still an OK book. A bit hit and miss- some of it made me titter, some didn't make me laugh at all. The essay like pieces were the best bits and entertained me.
Marcus Gipps
The Mitchell & Webb Book is quite fun - there's obviously been some level of effort put in to it, but in the end it is one of those overpriced Xmas Hardbacks.
Bill
Like the show it is a bit hit and miss, but what hits really hits the target. Reassuring that they're still funny years after their breakthrough stuff
Kate
so boring, shame bcus i usually love their work on tv.
Beverley
Just halarious loves it
Bailey
Bailey marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Chent Higson
Chent Higson marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Stapril90
Stapril90 marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Owen
Owen marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Bryan Mitchell
Bryan Mitchell marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Keenan Manning
Keenan Manning marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
K.O.
K.O. marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Terri-Lea Chowles
Terri-Lea Chowles marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Combine these books 3 18 Jan 26, 2013 03:05PM
Goodreads Librari...: Create second edition of book with different cover? 2 23 Jan 26, 2013 02:33PM
  • Back Story
  • Inside Little Britain
  • Me Moir - Volume One
  • Small Man in a Book
  • Return Of The Timewaster Letters
  • Valiant (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #2)
  • Mr Bean's Diary
  • Doctor Who: The Awakening (Target Doctor Who Library, No. 95)
That Mitchell & Webb Sound: The Complete Second Series That Mitchell & Webb Sound: The Complete Fourth Series That Mitchell and Webb Sound: Series Three Mitchell & Webb In Daydream Believers That Mitchell & Webb Sound: The Complete First Series